Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepared Meals deliveries
I have to admit, I've never been a culinary genius and hate working for my food. A friend told me that his wife and he have been having their meals prepared and delivered. Has anyone here done this? I actually looked at a couple of sites and most take about 30 to cook. I suppose I can do that.
Reply/Quote
I'll bet you could cook a mean MRE. But really, learning to cook things can become enjoyable. And I can't imagine what these place charge, but I'm too cheap to pay for it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 04:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll bet you could cook a mean MRE.  But really, learning to cook things can become enjoyable.  And I can't imagine what these place charge, but I'm too cheap to pay for it.

You mentioned MRE and I threw up a little...... I can afford them, but I am cheap also. I usually spend about $80 a week on groceries and there is 1 night I go get a beer and burger. Problem is, I keep having the same shit week after week. Gets old 
Reply/Quote
I use freshly.com

The portions are somewhat small, but good if you are dieting or want to limit your intake.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I have a friend who has a business doing just that, heat and eat meals. She got her start by doing meal preps for the gym crowd, mostly healty, keto friendly options. As he popularity grew, she has since expanded into meal prep for non-athletic folks as well. She uses all organic ingredients, but she gets it in quantity and that helps to keep the prices fair for working folks budgets. (She operates in a military town, so budget is always a concern for most of her customers)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 01:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote:  A friend told me that his wife and he have been having their meals prepared and delivered. 

By "prepared" do you mean "cooked", or do you just mean all the pre-measured portions for all the ingredients in one package ready to cook?

I am guessing that a cooked meal delivered fresh and warm would be just as expensive as any restaurant meal plus delivery fee.
Reply/Quote
Seems high, but I found someone willing to treat you to a tossed salad for $99 on craigslist. Seems high, but it's probably a really good salad. Really hits the spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By "prepared" do you mean "cooked", or do you just mean all the pre-measured portions for all the ingredients in one package ready to cook?

I am guessing that a cooked meal delivered fresh and warm would be just as expensive as any restaurant meal plus delivery fee.

My friend who does meal prep service delivers fully cooked, portioned into individual meal sized containers.  She refrigerates them, delivers them cold, you store in your fridge, and simply warm them in the microwave or you can put them on an oven safe piece and do it that way.

It's really taken off for her. She has since quit her teaching job, and now does this full time as a LLC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My wife and I use Home Chef meals. We enjoy them and they have allowed us to try new things. It's nice because you'll get pre-measured ingredients so you don't have to buy a lot of one thing that you wont use again.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By "prepared" do you mean "cooked", or do you just mean all the pre-measured portions for all the ingredients in one package ready to cook?

Yeah it's pre-measured stuff. You have to do the mixing and cooking. A lot of it looks very good and you don't sign a contract with most that I have seen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My friend who does meal prep service delivers fully cooked, portioned into individual meal sized containers.  She refrigerates them, delivers them cold, you store in your fridge, and simply warm them in the microwave or you can put them on an oven safe piece and do it that way.

It's really taken off for her.  She has since quit her teaching job, and now does this full time as a LLC.

Does she have a website?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 12:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My wife and I use Home Chef meals. We enjoy them and they have allowed us to try new things. It's nice because you'll get pre-measured ingredients so you don't have to buy a lot of one thing that you wont use again.

Are they local Dude?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 08:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Seems high, but I found someone willing to treat you to a tossed salad for $99 on craigslist. Seems high, but it's probably a really good salad. Really hits the spot.

sounds like a sceam'in deal....... Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 03:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Does she have a website?

Pretty sure she does, but unless you live close to Fayetteville NC, it won't be of much help to you.  Meal prep services isn't a brand new idea, there's likely companies or individuals who offer that service, near you.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 12:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My wife and I use Home Chef meals. We enjoy them and they have allowed us to try new things. It's nice because you'll get pre-measured ingredients so you don't have to buy a lot of one thing that you wont use again.

(03-10-2020, 03:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah it's pre-measured stuff. You have to do the mixing and cooking.  A lot of it looks very good and you don't sign a contract with most that I have seen. 

My ex hates to cook, and those meal services are not that cheap.  But she found deals on groupon for about three different services and tried each one of them for a couple of weeks at a much lower price.  My kids did most of the cooking, and they liked the variety of new stuff they got to try, but they were just too expensive to do all the time.

They would be great for a couple that were both working and did not have much time to cook or shop. 
Reply/Quote