Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Big Stage Game???
Most everyone knows the Bengal franchise has typically never done well in 'big stage games'. What I consider big stage games are all playoff games and any games on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Saturday nights, when no other games are being played.

I know it's just preseason, but it will be interesting to see how the 'Ones' respond in the first half of Sunday night's game.
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see how the "ones" shake out at WR. Does LaFell totally flop with his jacked up hand? Does Tate get the 4th(maybe 3rd?) WR nod that we are all coming to expect? Will Core see some snaps against first string DBs? Will the coaches continue to give Erickson the chance to fight his way into the last WR spot? Will Wright continue to kind of just fade into obscurity? And finally, will Boyd get the opportunity to keep showing us why we don't need to miss Jones or Sanu?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:43 PM)treee Wrote: I'm interested to see how the "ones" shake out at WR. Does LaFell totally flop with his jacked up hand? Does Tate get the 4th(maybe 3rd?) WR nod that we are all coming to expect? Will Core see some snaps against first string DBs? Will the coaches continue to give Erickson the chance to fight his way into the last WR spot? Will Wright continue to kind of just fade into obscurity? And finally, will Boyd get the opportunity to keep showing us why we don't need to miss Jones or Sanu?

I'm not expecting LaFell to look great tomorrow honestly. The last time he came back from an injury he didn't look to well, but I think he will be fine in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:43 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm not expecting LaFell to look great tomorrow honestly. The last time he came back from an injury he didn't look to well, but I think he will be fine in the regular season.

I'm honestly not sure to expect from Lafell. I didn't watch him much on the Patriots, but word on the street was that he dropped some easy passes. I can't imagine that his injury will help with that at all.
Reply/Quote
Agree with the struggles in prime time.

But as much as am interested in seeing Lafell and the rest of the receivers play again.

Do not consider this prime time and certain the players will not feel the sort of pressure and hype that come with those games.

Only thing bothering me is that my Louisville Cardinals will be playing at same time. Thank goodness for DVR.

Going to the Bengals game to do more scouting , but ..........Go Cards !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:12 AM)treee Wrote: I'm honestly not sure to expect from Lafell. I didn't watch him much on the Patriots, but word on the street was that he dropped some easy passes. I can't imagine that his injury will help with that at all.

He doesn't have anywhere near the drop rate people act like he has. His first game back off of PuP last year he has a lot of drops and that was it. He actually has had a pretty low drop % most of his career.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with the struggles in prime time.

But as much as am interested in seeing Lafell and the rest of the receivers play again.

Do not consider this prime time and certain the players will not feel the sort of pressure and hype that come with those games.

Only thing bothering me is that my Louisville Cardinals will be playing at same time. Thank goodness for DVR.

Going to the Bengals game to do more scouting , but ..........Go Cards !
I think the 'dress rehearsal' first half will be taken seriously. Maybe not as much as a regular season game and they WILL be without several starters. 

What I am anxious to see is whenever they have an away big stage game they are more prone to 'lay an egg', so to speak, than home games.

As far as LaFell, even Hoard said he dropped some passes, and Lap said he had route running issues in his first practice back.
Reply/Quote
Sorry was getting confused with the next game on Thursday night against Colts.

Duh, the big red truck !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great warmup game for the season.

Inferior opponent in their place, bad secondary for Dalton to get on the same page with, Primetime game of the
Preseason etc. Should be a fun game to watch, especially at WR. Waiting to see Uzomah to show some that
potential that everybody was talking about as well.

6'6" 271 pound TE with speed and hands could be special and with our TE situation the door is open.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great warmup game for the season.

Inferior opponent in their place, bad secondary for Dalton to get on the same page with, Primetime game of the
Preseason etc. Should be a fun game to watch, especially at WR. Waiting to see Uzomah to show some that
potential that everybody was talking about as well.

6'6" 271 pound TE with speed and hands could be special and with our TE situation the door is open.

Yes indeed. It wasn't too long ago we all complained (and rightfully so) because we had no talent at the TE position, my have times changed!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 04:42 PM)M.W. Wrote: Yes indeed. It wasn't too long ago we all complained (and rightfully so) because we had no talent at the TE position, my have times changed!

Duke Tobin knows his shit brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
Nothing screams big stage game like a meaningless game that doesn't count.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:29 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing screams big stage game like a meaningless game that doesn't count.

Based upon that logic, they have no reason to lay an egg tomorrow night ..... correct??

If they do, that certainly doesn't bode well for the 5 they have this year, that DO count, including the London game as one at 9:30am.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:14 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Based upon that logic, they have no reason to lay an egg tomorrow night ..... correct??

If they do, that certainly doesn't bode well for the 5 they have this year, that DO count, including the London game as one at 9:30am.

Does this include the steelers games which will most likely get flexed to primetime? And if i had to pick an opponent who we lay an egg against i will always pick texans for some reason no matter how bad they are we always play like the browns against them.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:29 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing screams big stage game like a meaningless game that doesn't count.

Common sense is such a rare commodity around here.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Does this include the steelers games which will most likely get flexed to primetime? And if i had to pick an opponent who we lay an egg against i will always pick texans for some reason no matter how bad they are we always play like the browns against them.

No that does NOT include any 'flexed' games.  Those are the 5 big stage games currently scheduled.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 08:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: Common sense is such a rare commodity around here.

We see it in most every one of your posts.   Hilarious     Can't wait to hear confirmation of that if the Ones lay an egg tonight and lose 4 out of their 5 big stage games during the season which has been their typical big stage game track record for the franchise history.

(They laid an egg last year in their preseason big stage game against Tampa and then lost 3 out of 4 big stage games in the season)
Reply/Quote
with all the injuries around the league yesterday I don't care how our first team performs as long as they get off the field in one piece

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: with all the injuries around the league yesterday I don't care how our first team performs as long as they get off the field in one piece

Not concerned about winning or losing, but I do care how the Ones play, and laying an egg is never good, and yes, anymore lengthy injuries could be devastating with the first half schedule they have.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not concerned about winning or losing, but I do care how the Ones play, and laying an egg is never good, and yes, anymore lengthy injuries could be devastating with the first half schedule they have.

A flat performance by the starters isn't really laying an egg though. Not tonight anyway. They don't even game plan for these games. The TB game is a perfect example. That game meant something to the Bucs and their fans. They hadn't won there in so long. It was a preseason game for us. This board almost exploded after that game. They went on to start the season 8-0... TB sucked. There's no denying the Bengals have been weak in primetime, but tonight is not one of those games. I won't being excited if they destroy Jax. either .

I wanna see Dre neutralize Allen Robinson tonight. I want to see Hill look decisive and explosive tonight. I wanna see Boyd make a play or two again. I'd like to see Bodine play like an NFL center. Those are things that will boost my confidence this year. The scoreboard doesnt matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote