Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Game 3 We See What Bengals Have
Preseason game 3 is when teams really try to play like a regular season game. At least the first half. They have to stretch out the starters so they are ready for a full game in 2 weeks. This is always the preseason game you most want to see. Also the Bengals are in strange situation of ending preseason with Colts and a week later starting season with Colts. It's good on travel cheapness this Cincy vs Indy, but it should be very vanilla packages. Saving the best plays and players for when it counts the next week. So I don't look for Bengals and Colts to be much of a preseason game at all. Hardly worth watching. This weeks game with Buffalo a whole different story. Probably the last preseason game for many starters and you want to see them look like they are ready for start of season in 2 weeks. Bills often give Bengals a good smash mouth old school hard game, so it should be a good preseason game to watch. Fans should get many answers on who the coaches are leaning to being on the roster, in this dry run for starting the season. Bengals starters did good against Bears, not very good against Cowboys, so I'm sure coaches are wanting to see a good first half. The blocking was good against Bears, but awful blocking against Cowboys. That is a huge question mark going into the important preseason game 3 and all 2018 hopes depend on improved blocking. Bengals need to put it together this weekend in their warm up game for start of season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 06:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Preseason game 3 is when teams really try to play like a regular season game. At least the first half.  They have to stretch out the starters so they are ready for a full game in 2 weeks. This is always the preseason game you most want to see. Also the Bengals are in strange situation of ending preseason with Colts and a week later starting season with Colts. It's good on travel cheapness this Cincy vs Indy, but it should be very vanilla packages. Saving the best plays and players for when it counts the next week. So I don't look for Bengals and Colts to be much of a preseason game at all. Hardly worth watching.  This weeks game with Buffalo a whole different story.  Probably the last preseason game for many starters and you want to see them look like they are ready for start of season in 2 weeks.  Bills often give Bengals a good smash mouth old school hard game, so it should be a good preseason game to watch. Fans should get many answers on who the coaches are leaning to being on the roster, in this dry run for starting the season.  Bengals starters did good against Bears, not very good against Cowboys, so I'm sure coaches are wanting to see a good first half. The blocking was good against Bears, but awful blocking against Cowboys. That is a huge question mark going into the important preseason game 3 and all 2018 hopes depend on improved blocking. Bengals need to put it together this weekend in their warm up game for start of season.

Yes, this is the Preseason game we might see something of what we have this year. The Offense has to get
enough snaps to gain a rhythm, didn't seem to get that at all in the Cowboy game. The Bills are a quality NFL
team to boot that like you says like to play physical like we want to do this year. They have a good Defense,
a very good D-line and a stud RB. This is where i want to see us play tough against.

Want to see Mixon get in some runs to establish a rhythm with the O-line, he has had like 6 carries, hard to
really judge him at all especially when Gio, Hill and Carson are all playing against backups pretty much.

Want to see Dalton and Ross get on the same page to gain him some more confidence.

Excited about this Preseason game.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen will be starting for Buffalo this week. So I look for the D to pin their ears back.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 06:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Preseason game 3 is when teams really try to play like a regular season game. At least the first half.  They have to stretch out the starters so they are ready for a full game in 2 weeks. This is always the preseason game you most want to see. Also the Bengals are in strange situation of ending preseason with Colts and a week later starting season with Colts. It's good on travel cheapness this Cincy vs Indy, but it should be very vanilla packages. Saving the best plays and players for when it counts the next week. So I don't look for Bengals and Colts to be much of a preseason game at all. Hardly worth watching.  This weeks game with Buffalo a whole different story.  Probably the last preseason game for many starters and you want to see them look like they are ready for start of season in 2 weeks.  Bills often give Bengals a good smash mouth old school hard game, so it should be a good preseason game to watch. Fans should get many answers on who the coaches are leaning to being on the roster, in this dry run for starting the season.  Bengals starters did good against Bears, not very good against Cowboys, so I'm sure coaches are wanting to see a good first half. The blocking was good against Bears, but awful blocking against Cowboys. That is a huge question mark going into the important preseason game 3 and all 2018 hopes depend on improved blocking. Bengals need to put it together this weekend in their warm up game for start of season.
should be a good game to watch several bengals on the bills several bills on the bengals.

and the final thank you for the pass last year being sent back to buffalo

Geno vs Bodine
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: should be a good game to watch several bengals on the bills several bills on the bengals.

and the final thank you for the pass last year being sent back to buffalo

Geno vs Bodine

You think Russell is crapping his panties...... Hilarious
Cleveland DL had their way with him last week....
Reply/Quote
I usually take the preseason with a grain of salt. The only thing 2 things I'm going to be worried about going into the regular season are the right side of the offensive line and covering the middle of the field with our linebackers.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I usually take the preseason with a grain of salt. The only thing 2 things I'm going to be worried about going into the regular season are the right side of the offensive line and covering the middle of the field with our linebackers.

Those are definately the two biggest concerns this year. Atleast Evans and Vigil have looked much better.

Preston Brown is not the best cover backer though, he isn't terrible, better than Minter and Maualuga but this is
not his strength. I think we just need to win half of our first 4 games while Burfict is out and we will be able to
make a nice run. We have a lot less holes going into this season than last though that is for sure.

Billings playing decent against the Cowboys O-line has me stoked to go along with our End rotation. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 01:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Josh Allen will be starting for Buffalo this week. So I look for the D to pin their ears back.

Yep. Although, it would be nice to light him up once. Welcome to the league kinda thing.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are definately the two biggest concerns this year. Atleast Evans and Vigil have looked much better.

Preston Brown is not the best cover backer though, he isn't terrible, better than Minter and Maualuga but this is
not his strength. I think we just need to win half of our first 4 games while Burfict is out and we will be able to
make a nice run. We have a lot less holes going into this season than last though that is for sure.

Billings playing decent against the Cowboys O-line has me stoked to go along with our End rotation. Rock On

Preston Brown was never a cover linebacker. I view him more as a guy who can help stop the run and clean up plays. But having him one on one against a running back or tight end, he loses.
I'm a big fan of Evans. Would actually prefer him to be a starter sooner rather than later.

Billings is a guy who can disrupt the backfield, and he's shown flashes on that throughout his short career. His biggest issue, however, is finishing plays. If he can clean that part of his game up, he's going to be a stud.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 06:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Preston Brown was never a cover linebacker. I view him more as a guy who can help stop the run and clean up plays. But having him one on one against a running back or tight end, he loses.
I'm a big fan of Evans. Would actually prefer him to be a starter sooner rather than later.

Billings is a guy who can disrupt the backfield, and he's shown flashes on that throughout his short career. His biggest issue, however, is finishing plays. If he can clean that part of his game up, he's going to be a stud.

Sounds like we are probably going to have to take Preston Brown off the field when we have a team in 3rd and long.

Think Evans should be our cover backer in these situations if he keeps it up. Hear he has really been flying around the
field and with his size he could cover TE's well. Billings is the guy that really has me excited though this year. Want to
see him stoning Leveon Bell over and over and intimidating Steelers. He has that side of him.

Nothing like Peko who would say he was sorry to opponents in the middle of a game.
Reply/Quote
Vigil has quietly put together a very solid couple games. He and Evans could become the answer to covering TE's and RB's. Brown definitely seems like more of a run enforcer. Definitely not another Minter, and he's a local and you never know how that could inspire his play in big games.

I expect our 1st team offense to bounce back and look much sharper than they did against Dallas. We need to see more out of Hart and hopefully more time for Redmond in general. In fact we should try Redmond at RT
Reply/Quote
Redmond has to stop with the false starts. So far it's what has kept him on the PS and out of the starting line . A false start on the 7 yardline?  C'mon man! That makes it 1st &15 from the 2.. or 1/2 the distance or whatever, but you cannot have those kind of continuous mistakes and expect to start over people who don't. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If a lineman cannot figure out false starts I would question his intelligence, only a moron could not figure that out.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
this is one game I would use Jefferson to spy on Allen.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 11:26 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this is the Preseason game we might see something of what we have this year. The Offense has to get
enough snaps to gain a rhythm, didn't seem to get that at all in the Cowboy game. The Bills are a quality NFL
team to boot that like you says like to play physical like we want to do this year. They have a good Defense,
a very good D-line and a stud RB. This is where i want to see us play tough against.

Want to see Mixon get in some runs to establish a rhythm with the O-line, he has had like 6 carries, hard to
really judge him at all especially when Gio, Hill and Carson are all playing against backups pretty much.

Want to see Dalton and Ross get on the same page to gain him some more confidence.

Excited about this Preseason game.
We know Mixon and Gio is our one two punch that is not going to change in this game weather its a good or bad game for them. Hill and Carson has both had good preseasons so far. This is a great game to see if one of them will be our 4th RB or if we roll with 3 RB this year. Put them both in against the Bills ones and see how good they do to help make that choice. I think they are keeping Walton no matter what not throwing that draft pick away.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are definately the two biggest concerns this year. Atleast Evans and Vigil have looked much better.

Brown is a MIKE, basically a middle LB. I have been watching the NFL for 50+ years, I have seen very few good cover middle linebackers. I have seen coaches try and create match up issues for middle LB's for this very reason. Brown's main job is to stop the run, if he does that great, I will be a happy camper. If he keeps plays in front him and does not give up big pass plays. he did his job. Gronk, Kelcie and a lot of today's salivate if they get matched up with a MIKE. Bell, McCoy, Freeman and all running backs the same, they beat the MIKE probably 80% of the time in one on one coverage.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

MLB will come off the field for passing downs
Reply/Quote

Marvin was praising him yesterday at the press conference, but he did mention how he "took one bad angle that allowed for some extra yardage, and we can't have that".  I sure know what play he's talking about and he dove at the guys ankles and came up with that ground up rubber in the turf.

But to your point, he is a very steady MLB for short yardage and goal line.  Figure he will probably play about 33% of the snaps.  The good thing (is it good?  I hope so) is that he will prevent the Bengals from trying to use a player out of position as a MLB because he is really the only one.  Burfict didn't look nearly as good at MLB as he did at WILL.  
Reply/Quote
I think it sucks they are playing on Sunday at 4.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2018, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Geno vs Bodine

Looks like Bodine isn't getting the start. Some guy named Ryan Groy instead.

I'm not sure if I should laugh at how bad the Bills FO is for signing him to compete for a starting spot, or praise them for figuring out in just a month or two what the Bengals FO didn't learn even after 4 years. The dude is poop.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote