Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Commanders***
(08-26-2023, 09:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 22-21 incoming

Nvm. All our guys not named Burrow are pretty not great at all.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Gotta be honest.  Thought Chido would have an accent.

why?  He was born and raised in California.  His parents were the immigrants

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why am I watching this and hoping we win?

[Image: AMqv.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
4th and 15 and the damn radio stream shuts off......
Reply/Quote
And of course we have a preseason where only one offensive starter had any snaps. Get ready for the offense to struggle like crazy against the Browns and Rats because of rust.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: And of course we have a preseason where only one offensive starter had any snaps. Get ready for the offense to struggle like crazy against the Browns and Rats because of rust.

And for all of the talented starters to be healthy for the season. They are coming off the best back to back seasons in team history and you question how they prepare? What they are doing works…

Are you also concerned that they haven’t won a game in 7 months?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: And of course we have a preseason where only one offensive starter had any snaps. Get ready for the offense to struggle like crazy against the Browns and Rats because of rust.

I think this year won't be like last year due to Burrow not losing weight and strenght with the surgery. If he's 100%, even without the PS snaps, they should look much better. At the very least, it should take much less time to 'get in game synch'. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is 42 and why was he dropping back in the end zone when the guy hit the five yard line?  The front part counts too.

42 is Allan George Allen. He was my favorite backup last year, just because of his name.

Reply/Quote
Seemed like Battle had a bad game. Wish we could've kept Bell.
Reply/Quote
Preseason wins and losses don’t matter, but I didn’t see much in these games to feel great about.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Seemed like Battle had a bad game. Wish we could've kept Bell.

Battle didn't seem great and Tycen Anderson didn't seem great either, from what i saw with the sound down.

Reply/Quote

It's a long season. We should be good by week 3. But I get where your coming from. Gonna trust in Zac because of the importance of keeping your guys healthy.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:52 PM)pally Wrote: why?  He was born and raised in California.  His parents were the immigrants

Because that’s what I thought. I said “Gotta be honest” which implies it may not be the most rational of thoughts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 42 is Allan George Allen. He was my favorite backup last year, just because of his name.

I didn’t realize that was him. Takes me a while to catch up on some numbers. That’s my preseason.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's a long season. We should be good by week 3. But I get where your coming from. Gonna trust in Zac because of the importance of keeping your guys healthy.

Seeing Juedy get carted off made my decision for me.

I’m ok with starting seasons rusty if it means we guaruntee no important preseason injuries
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Battle didn't seem great and Tycen Anderson didn't seem great either, from what i saw with the sound down.

Yeah and mix in that Nick Scott appeared to leave a lot to be desired against Atlanta and I am a little concerned.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah and mix in that Nick Scott appeared to leave a lot to be desired against Atlanta and I am a little concerned.

I feel like Nick and Dax will be good. I actually like Scott a lot.

Those backup corners on the other hand…..wow
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think Browning secured the second spot. I have to go back and watch the Oline. RJ3 and Davis, and the fighting Pekos have all made cases for spots on the dline. Serious ones.

Wide receiver room is promising, and I see why they hid Saylors. Hudson made a strong case.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's a long season. We should be good by week 3. But I get where your coming from. Gonna trust in Zac because of the importance of keeping your guys healthy.

And it’s not just about injuries it’s about the toll on their bodies and 17 plus 4 more games. Karras was effusive in his praise of Zac in that regard as is Orlando.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm so ticked about this game. My local market is the Commanders. 112 miles from my front door to the stadium. Every Commanders game is available locally, except that one for some reason. Okay, so I couldn't watch it live. At least NFLN replays the games, right? Apparently we had a nasty storm overnight when the game was replayed. I started my recording a short time ago to see one play, then fast forward through 3 hours of blurred out screen. Next showing is not until Wednesday, at which point the final cuts are already behind us. Me Angry!!!
Reply/Quote