Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Falcons***
(08-18-2023, 10:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: This secondary is awful.

Calm Down! Your scaring the shit out of Tokyo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:24 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: I am an "awful individual" for calling out a bullshit taunting penalty against "our" team.  Alright.  I think you are a contrarian , tries to know it all, board dweller that puts down any new members who come on here to make yourself feel superior.

You are trying to get me to say something to get myself banned and it's not gonna work.  Keep trying.  

I dont want you banned.  You said I was stupid and should be a Steelers fan.

Just because I know the rule...?  It is a dumb rule but they call it nonstop, how do you NOT know this?

I dont like it when our team does dumb stuff.  I have owned 2 sets of season tickets for over a decade. My son is good friends with one of our best players.  I was with a handful of them at his baby's gender reveal just a month ago.  

I like the team as much or more than you, but Im not stupid and think our guys can violate the rules and then complain about it like it didnt really happen.

Do better.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's what crappy teams do - they play to win in the pre-season.

They may also be trying to evaluate their offensive depth in an semi-accurate manner by playing a QB who isn't so crapola granola that you walk away with naught but excuses as we are.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:26 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Browning definitely looking better than Siemian. A little reckless but somewhat more accurate. Didn’t get the td on a decent drive but at least put points on the board. Chrisman on the hold on that kick.

Trevor over four quarters:  22/42 (52.38%) for 183 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Calm Down! Your scaring the shit out of Tokyo.

Wasn't Godzilla another one of those characters who got so popular the film makers were like "The audience has missed the point...give 'em what they want and make him a good guy?"
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:28 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Guys calling the game two homers

They were annoying BEFORE the game started.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They may also be trying to evaluate their offensive depth in an semi-accurate manner by playing a QB who isn't so crapola granola that you walk away with naught but excuses as we are.

It's the fans making excuses.  How do you know what the coaches are thinking?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Godzilla another one of those characters who got so popular the film makers were like "The audience has missed the point...give 'em what they want and make him a good guy?"

It's strange. Toho decided to target children as the audience for a while - then they snapped out of it and starting with Godzilla 1985 (Return of Godzilla) the movies got good again because they treated him as a force of nature again. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe Heinike comes out since he got them a TD.

He’s got a super great feel for their scheme.

I’d love him as a backup now. He’s just playing like he’s in another league with these bench guys Simeon should absolutely be doing this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:23 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Let's bring back sanu as a qb. 

Brother, I was in Washington for RG3's very first home game.  Crowd was fired up before kickoff.   Bengals very first play, Sanu to Green bomb, crowd was never loud again.  Was glorious.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Calm Down! Your scaring the shit out of Tokyo.

I know the total lack of pressure on the QB is not helping but these guys are missing EASY coverages too. 
Reply/Quote
Any xfl qbs available? Had to be at least 50 qbs or there better than these 2. Wouldn't trust them to kneel the ball
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's the fans making excuses.  How do you know what the coaches are thinking?

I'm just tossing a possibility out there.  I assume whomever the HC of the Falcons is knows that pre-season games don't count.  But I was mostly making a joke about how we spent the whole first half talking about how Siemien made things extra pointless.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Brother, I was in Washington for RG3's very first home game.  Crowd was fired up before kickoff.   Bengals very first play, Sanu to Green bomb, crowd was never loud again.  Was glorious.

I remember that game. Was great
Reply/Quote
Offense has no rhythm at all and constantly looks out of sync. With backups I can make a bit of an allowance but the scheme is vanilla too. This is hard to watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 10:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's strange. Toho decided to target children as the audience for a while - then they snapped out of it and starting with Godzilla 1985 (Return of Godzilla) the movies got good again because they treated him as a force of nature again. 

I have a side joke band and we wrote and recorded a song about Jet Jaguar and Godzilla being awesome, but we changed it to Space Robutt and Green Monster.
Reply/Quote
Jones with two 3rd down plays. Good to see.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Charlie!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No movement in the run game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote