Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Falcons***
Why didnt he run?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s not just our d that can sniff out our screen.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We've somehow managed to mention both Andy and Palmer in this thread.

Might as well have the hat trick:

[Image: e532cd93cd6f122a616bf603e694a6cb-original.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Will we EVER learn how to run screens?

We tried at least 2, both times the QB had to throw the ball in the ground.  I think we got a penalty on one, lineman down field.

Reply/Quote
The need for a true QB is now in flashing red light territory. Neither of these clowns is a legit NFL grade backup.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:09 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree with Bates. Falcons could be a decent team this year. Good oline. Defense is getting better. Playmakers on O. They play in a weak division. I could see Atlanta bouncing back this year and making a playoff push. Won't go deep in my opinion. But they are a good young team.

Just how Tee and Chase changed our offense, i think Allgier and Robinson could change this offense to such a running team that as long as Ridder can just not be pure ass they’ll be in every game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've somehow managed to mention both Andy and Palmer in this thread.

He looks like a rotten potato with eyes.

Reply/Quote
Good tackle by Davis
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've somehow managed to mention both Andy and Palmer in this thread.

We look more like this guy any time Burrow hain't on the field.

[Image: bruce-coslet7.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Have no idea why I’m happy

Not like we’re gonna score
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Can we actually....GASP....finally score an offensive TD here?
Reply/Quote
Let’s go Browning!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can we actually....GASP....finally score an offensive TD here?

Maybe just call QB draws....?

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 09:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: They've actually looked okay. That last snap was the first pressure they have allowed all night. And if Siemian had ANY pocket awareness he still had time and space to complete a pass. 

Sorry, just seeing this reply. They haven't opened many holes in the run game. They've given up some pressure and sacks. We've had some stretches of stringing some passes together but not much consistency up front. The thing that stands out the most is the lack of push in the run game.
Reply/Quote
If we kicked a FG on just one of the failed 4th down conversions we'd be driving for the game-winning FG right now.

Sorry, I took this seriously for a moment there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe just call QB draws....?

Could be. Seems to work better than when he throws...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: That cut is from Godzilla vs Megalon - most G fans consider it the worst Godzilla movie ever. 

I can see why. I've seen that movie. They were just throwing shit at the wall to get another movie out.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: The need for a true QB is now in flashing red light territory. Neither of these clowns is a legit NFL grade backup.

If we ever need them to play real minutes in a game we better hope we can, by some miracle, have a decent running game because these guys aren’t throwing anything much over 5 yards.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Sorry, just seeing this reply. They haven't opened many holes in the run game. They've given up some pressure and sacks. We've had some stretches of stringing some passes together but not much consistency up front. The thing that stands out the most is the lack of push in the run game.

We've only given up one sack - it was that play Browning had clean space to operate in but ran right into the pressure. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Have no idea why I’m happy

Not like we’re gonna score

No

(08-18-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can we actually....GASP....finally score an offensive TD here?

No

Reply/Quote