Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Cardinals @ Bengals- GameDay Thread***
I think Zac and staff take the preseason about as seriously as the Pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
And yes, sign me up for a Spain return.
Reply/Quote
Volson seems to look good. i guess playing against backups to backups. But still.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're talking about Anthony Munoz, so STFU

They complimented the opposition. That is not permissible for BENGALS announcers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Volson seems to look good. i guess playing against backups to backups. But still.

I mean damn, Prince and Adeniji looked shitty VS backups so any li am playing good is a plus to me.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Well, our backup oline doesn’t look too good. Hopefully we can stay healthy. Probably the most concerning is the backup situation at tackle.

Otherwise evans and Dax looked great.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: They complimented the opposition. That is not permissible for BENGALS announcers. 

Anthony Munoz compliments everyone. He once said he's the worst athlete in his family
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't even know if I would give Adeniji a PS spot, at this point.  

I said that out loud tonight: I don't think he makes the roster at all, at this point.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we see Moss and Adeniji at minimum get cut after this.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Volson seems to look good. i guess playing against backups to backups. But still.

He's getting beaten a lot in pass pro. I did see him get to the 2nd level in one run
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile AZs third string OL gets push with no problem on our "defense".
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Well, our backup oline doesn’t look too good. Hopefully we can stay healthy. Probably the most concerning is the backup situation at tackle.

Otherwise evans and Dax looked great.

Gaillard has looked ok at RG and C.  T has been bad.  
Reply/Quote
Number 41 made a couple of good plays.
Reply/Quote
I knew he'd bobble it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well that was not the way for Pooka to earn a spot...
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's getting beaten a lot in pass pro. I did see him get to the 2nd level in one run

He's getting beat
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I said that out loud tonight: I don't think he makes the roster at all, at this point.

Looks like the perfect tackle.  Does not play like the perfect tackle.  He lacks something mental.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I said that out loud tonight: I don't think he makes the roster at all, at this point.

I'm not a preseason alarmist, but I do think we need to look at bringing in a vet backup OT.  None of our guys have looked even serviceable against AZ's backups.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not a preseason alarmist, but I do think we need to look at bringing in a vet backup OT.  None of our guys have looked even serviceable against AZ's backups.  

to be fair D'Ante Smith is the main tackle back up and he was out tonite

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The announcing crew is always terrible but it’s been the same great terrible for years! How does anyone not like how positive Munoz is? I love when they were gushing over Mixon and the camera man is on Mike Hilton. Not once, but twice. Then I believe they interview Hilton later to make up for their F-up. I love preseason games! I miss CJ clowning around during the interviews.
Reply/Quote