Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Cowboys - GameDay Thread***
(08-18-2018, 09:53 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Goes to show the Domino effect missing on a 1st round LT and 2nd round Fisher, can have. Instead of noticing you missed and immediately try to fix it, the Bengals just ignore it, and ride or die with subpar talent because they already paid them. The Line  should have been resolved last year and built upon this year.....but no.

I refuse to believe the guys backing up OG and fisher are any worse.

Oh wait, they're not.
Reply/Quote
Is Fisher dressed/playing ? Put him in at RT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In 2016, the Vikings had a terrible offensive line that caused them to go 8-8. They replaced all 5 starters with new guys in the '16-'17 offseason and went 13-3 with their third string QB and second string RB.

The Bengals have had a bad OL for the last two seasons and they're looking at going for season number three.

There's just zero urgency in this FO to actually put together a good team. Or they're just terrible at evaluating talent. They took a guy who was cut off a TERRIBLE Giants OL and said "yup, he seems like a good starting RT, and his backup can be the guy who's tanked the last two seasons at both RT and LT".

So trading for a starting LT and drafting a C in the first don't count for anything?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair we're replacing 4

Yea, all except one being a rookie or bargain bin players. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is Fisher dressed/playing ? Put him in at RT

He's playing LT
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:56 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Yea, all except one being a rookie or bargain bin players. 

Minnesota didn't bring in any big names. Let's just take a breath
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If they keep this Walton kid over Trey Carson or Hill that would just be a mistake in my opinion.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Don't look now but Jake Fisher isn't looking bad at LT...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If they keep this Walton kid over Trey Carson or Hill that would just be a mistake in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, he looked pretty good last week...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 09:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, it's only preseason and it's like gloom and doom?

Hey! What's all this giving up stuff?
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[HarleyDog runs out, alone; then returns]

WTF happened to the Board I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest year of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you HarleyDog, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my tail from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this.

We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

(wife) Hey Dog, you know it's just preseason right?

Oh yeah, just preseason. :drool:

I'm not really freaking out about anything but RT  Shockedthat's a major problem
Reply/Quote
Fair catch on a line drive kick.. So much for taking that job from Erickson..and...offsides from the 7.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tate dropped the ball?
Reply/Quote
Even Tate off.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Our WRs have been getting molested all night, & not one fudging call?
Reply/Quote
Tough catch but surprised Tate didn't hold that
Reply/Quote
Driskel bailed out on throw to who the hell know's what by holding
Reply/Quote
Holy shit they made a call against the Cowboys!
Reply/Quote
Erickson has looked good today.
Reply/Quote
Carson looking like he's about 5 levels above Walton
Reply/Quote
Holy shit u all hear Ericksons highschool stats!?!?!

Wow
Reply/Quote