Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread***
lol Driskel would rather play QB it seems...
Reply/Quote
What a horrible call OPI my cat's ass
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: You need some separation otherwise YAC winds up really low. 

Let me ask you this...

WR A gets 5 yards past the defender and drops a 30 yd pass on the 10 yd line.

WR B catches a 10 yd pass for a first down with a defender draped on him.

Which play is more important to the offense?

YAC doesn't just come from "separation". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He was using the right arm a good bit
Reply/Quote
The Willis's have had good games.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Damn Driskel in, I wanted to see Dolegalalaala

At least his accuracy is better this game. 

And you didn't use enough L's and A's.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: Last year he was a preseason warrior too.. 

And? Are you saying he played well in the preseason then stunk in the regular season?

Reply/Quote
None of our kickers can hit that distance consistently.

Reply/Quote
Finley's gonna take Andy's job.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Willis's have had good games.

What you talking about?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:59 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Finley's gonna take Andy's job.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
These OPI calls are horrible
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: These OPI calls are horrible

I suspect they have OPI reviews to get more ad revenue
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At least his accuracy is better this game. 

And you didn't use enough L's and A's.

He did do better, but he's flashed accuracy before then fell right back into couldn't hit the ocean from the beach next 5 series.

And I agree with you on the separation thing. Another one of those things that goes hand in hand with getting players the ball "in space"

There's just not that much "space" "separation" at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote
Was that ZT yelling at a ref!

Ok maybe not yelling but no clapping yet...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He did do better, but he's flashed accuracy before then fell right back into couldn't hit the ocean from the beach next 5 series.

And I agree with you on the separation thing. Another one of those things that goes hand in hand with getting players the ball "in space"

Oh i don't think he has any chance for the #2 job at this point. Just good to see him hitting WRs while he's chucking the ball as a Bengals QB. 

If he remains the #2, i think it would be the biggest shock of PS to this point. 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He did do better, but he's flashed accuracy before then fell right back into couldn't hit the ocean from the beach next 5 series.

Obviously hands are more important but to act like separation is meaningless is also wrong. I agree that poor hands means no catch in the first place. But poor separation tends to mean little YAC. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Obviously hands are more important but to act like separation is meaningless is also wrong. I agree that poor hands means no catch in the first place. But poor separation tends to mean little YAC. 

Separation isn't meaningless. It's just one of the most overused, under important aspects of football. 

Reply/Quote
And there's what Driskel does bring to the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Obviously hands are more important but to act like separation is meaningless is also wrong. I agree that poor hands means no catch in the first place. But poor separation tends to mean little YAC. 

I'm not saying it's meaningless, just saying it's one of those buzz phrases that gets overblown/overused. 

Why do they also say the really good QB's throw guys open ?
Reply/Quote