Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread***
Another nice catch Tate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One of these days, people will stop talking about the most overrated aspect of a WR...separation.

At least, it's my dream. 

Separation doesn't mean shit. Catching the ball is all that matters.

You need some separation otherwise YAC winds up really low. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also impressed with Ellis for the second week in a row.

I think Ellis has done well
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Finley!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that 4th round was well worth it. Who gets credit for that pick? Zac? Callahan? Brown? TObin?
Reply/Quote
Along with Tate and Sample. The D rebounded, as did Phillps on special teams.

Still plenty of to work on and clean up, but the team has potential. The depth looks better then in recent years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So will our fans. It's what makes these discussions great. But in the end, AD will start regardless. God forbid we hit that period of constant discussion like we did with McCarron. We all know the outcome of that one.

Finley is def better than McCarron. But right now, that should only give people peace about if QB14 goes down. Finley is not the Bengals best option behind center this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Too bad Finley isn't 21. This might be the ceiling and not the floor. My only concern. Other than that he's the surprise of preseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Along with Tate and Sample. The D rebounded, as did Phillps on special teams.

Still plenty of to work on and clean up, but the team has potential. The depth looks better then in recent years.

Finley, Tate, Ellis, Sample all having good games. 
Reply/Quote
74 Keaton Sunderland doesn't look too terrible.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: By that I meant that he plays well all 4 qtrs and doesn't fade towards the end, or forces the ball or just gets sloppy, etc.

Gotcha. I wouldn't worry about it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Looks like Tate is going to be our #3 WR. I'm stoked.
Reply/Quote
I'm disappointed in Wren thus far
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't know if it's because the team has settled down some but the offense just looks more confident with the rookie quarterback.

Mellow

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals rookie quarterback looks better than the Redskins rookie I'm so glad the Bengals didn't take him in round one in the last NFL draft.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
While we are giving out kudos Price deserves a big one. The difference in the interior blocking as soon as he stepped out there is immediate and very positive.
Reply/Quote
Damn Driskel in, I wanted to see Dolegalalaala
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals rookie quarterback looks better than the Redskins rookie I'm so glad the Bengals didn't take him in round one in the last NFL draft.

Yep. Haskins looks like he needs a lot of work. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Looks like Tate is going to be our #3 WR.   I'm stoked.

Last year he was a preseason warrior too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Willis with a great catch regardless of outcome
Reply/Quote
What is this moving around in the pocket BS I'm seeing from this #5. I thought the only way to avoid a sack was to throw it in .001 milliseconds
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote