Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread***
(08-15-2019, 11:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: THAT is one I am going to be watching as JuJu is a dirty player and more than one team has complained about him and OPI. 

Antonio Brown was/is the best at pushing off since Michael Irvin and nobody ever mentioned it. I felt like I was crushing up and snorting crazy pills.
Reply/Quote
Cellar Bowl Preview?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well it started off awful to sat the least ! But overall and I would never have thought I'd be saying this, I think we recovered nicely and made some improvements from last week.
Reply/Quote
The first team offensive line looked weird tonight. Hopkins was crud at Center and Miller had problems too. Uzomah was just awful tonight to boot. On the other hand first team (such as it was with a LOT of starters out) defense did look a bit better.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Forced"?

Really, Harley?

Yep!

(08-15-2019, 11:37 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'm too drunk to remember most of this game.

See what I'm sayin?  Wink

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well the 1st qtr was a total shit show and that statement was highly filtered. But they've recovered fairly well and took some steps in the right direction.

Offense was weird, mainly due to the interior line.

Defense first team played really well and then the backups stopped Washington's first team VERY well as well.

Kerry Wynn showed tonight that he's sticking around.

Willis showed that there is a DE controversy (unless they keep Brown at DT like they should) as he beat DONALD PENN for the strip sack (Penn is still highly overrated, but he's not terrible).

Wren had a few good plays and looks big.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, our 2nd team was much better than theirs..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Offense was weird, mainly due to the interior line.

Defense first team played really well and then the backups stopped Washington's first team VERY well as well.

Willis showed that there is a DE controversy (unless they keep Brown at DT like they should) as he beat DONALD PENN for the strip sack (Penn is still highly overrated, but he's not terrible).

I think they keep 10
DT
Geno
Glasgow
Billings
Wren
Brown
DE
Wynn
Dunlap
Hubbard
Lawson
Willis
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think they keep 10
DT
Geno
Glasgow
Billings
Wren
Brown
DE
Wynn
Dunlap
Hubbard
Lawson
Willis

That's definitely what I would do too...

But, I think one of Wren or Brown, they try to get them to PS.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Offense was weird, mainly due to the interior line.

Pratt had a few good plays but he still looks unsure in coverage on some plays.
Reply/Quote
NFL Network just showed highlights...

All Redskins except the Erickson TD and they're going on and on about how well Haskins played...

Not a single word about Finley.

**** those bitches.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anyone else like the Jets new Uni's?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone else like the Jets new Uni's?

I'm all for 'em...they remind me of the Esiason-era Jets uniforms.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm all for 'em...they remind me of the Esiason-era Jets uniforms.  

Yep. Just a little shinier and more sleek. 

I've always liked the '80s Jets uni's. 

Reply/Quote
So, my mini breakdown of the game. Great TD by Samples. Finley looked good. Erickson rocked that return. Replay is going to suck (unless its in our favor). We fans wine a little (but its ok, we are fans). ZT did better. The defense looked better. Dunlap wore a hat that was horrid (only for the dog - but Gramps would love it on a hot day of fishing- wish he would do it more on Sundays). A girl got wiped out. Eifert didn't get hurt. Ellis stood out with great talent. Vizcaino hit a 47yrd"er (he's not going to be our kicker). That seems simple.

We sucked on first teams. It was Washington which makes it worse. But a much better showing than against KC. I seen some good clock management which was cool (we didnt give up in the first half 2 minutes out). We still need a lot of work but we will get there. I drank plenty of beer and had a great time with the Ho (wife)! So, we will wait till next Thursday to experience the next level of improvement.

I would have more details but the wife, She talked a lot. Oh well.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NFL Network just showed highlights...

All Redskins except the Erickson TD and they're going on and on about how well Haskins played...

Not a single word about Finley.

**** those bitches.

surprising to say the least, Haskins had a couple nice throws but had some bad ones as well and in my mind, whats left of it, Finley played leaps and bounds better.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, my mini breakdown of the game. Great TD by Samples. Finley looked good. Erickson rocked that return. Replay is going to suck (unless its in our favor). We fans wine a little (but its ok, we are fans). ZT did better. The defense looked better. Dunlap wore a hat that was horrid (only for the dog - but Gramps would love it on a hot day of fishing- wish he would do it more on Sundays). A girl got wiped out. Eifert didn't get hurt. Ellis stood out with great talent. Vizcaino hit a 47yrd"er (he's not going to be our kicker). That seems simple.

We sucked on first teams. It was Washington which makes it worse. But a much better showing than against KC. I seen some good clock management which was cool (we didnt give up in the first half 2 minutes out). We still need a lot of work but we will get there. I drank plenty of beer and had a great time with the Ho (wife)! So, we will wait till next Thursday to experience the next level of improvement.

I would have more details but the wife, She talked a lot. Oh well.

I think it was 57 yards, and that was after he missed one from what...36 yards?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: surprising to say the least, Haskins had a couple nice throws but had some bad ones as well and in my mind, whats left of it, Finley played leaps and bounds better.

33/44 75% 259 5.9YPA 3TD 1INT 102.4 RATING

I'm not even saying he should be starting but he's doing his best Russell Wilson preseason ala 2012 imitation. 

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 33/44 75% 259 5.9YPA 3TD 1INT 102.4 RATING

I'm not even saying he should be starting but he's doing his best Russell Wilson preseason ala 2012 imitation. 

He's been impressive any way you wanna chop it up. And I'm in no way saying he should be our starter either. Just that yes it's way early but we may have found a keeper.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's been impressive any way you wanna chop it up. And I'm in no way saying he should be our starter either. Just that yes it's way early but we may have found a keeper.

At this point in time, i think you can take that word out. 

Reply/Quote