Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Chiefs @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
(08-19-2017, 10:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When are we going to see Ross? Whats his status?

Right after we trade for an O-line
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We very well could be a 6-10 team.

KC isn't really blitzing or gameplanning to attack our weak offensive line. We can't run the ball.

Guys like Billings and Vigil aren't looking good in starting roles. Guys like MJ look bad. The offensive line isn't blocking well.

Shawn Williams may have a bad injury.

I'll wait til next week before I make predictions.  It doesn't look good right now.
Reply/Quote
Flowers is, "Jimmy Johns Fast!"

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When are we going to see Ross? Whats his status?

He was practicing during the week.

idk...Ross is frustrating. He's had a lot of injuries in college and I don't like that he isn't ready for preseason.

My expectations for him are lowering by the day. Maybe he'll be contributing at a high level for the 2nd half of the year...but we might be out of it by that point.

You know they won't play him heavily during the season if he's not contributing during the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: McCarron had a 44 QB rating last time I looked.

I'd take Mahomes over him.

I was making fun of the announcer calling McCarron -  Driskell for like 8 plays 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We very well could be a 6-10 team.

KC isn't really blitzing or gameplanning to attack our weak offensive line. We can't run the ball.

Guys like Billings and Vigil aren't looking good in starting roles. Guys like MJ look bad. The offensive line isn't blocking well.

Shawn Williams may have a bad injury.

I thought Vigil was decent tonight?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought Vigil was decent tonight?

Vigil and Smith came to play on defense. Most of the rest flat
Reply/Quote
So does this game kinda solidify the idea that the Bengals D line was being hyped because they practice against a really bad O line?

The amount of missed tackles tonight was embarrassing. Guys trying for big hits and not wrapping up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought Vigil was decent tonight?

Against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Against starters...not so much.
Reply/Quote
Who the heck is this Albright guy? He's probably the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was practicing during the week.

idk...Ross is frustrating. He's had a lot of injuries in college and I don't like that he isn't ready for preseason.

My expectations for him are lowering by the day. Maybe he'll be contributing at a high level for the 2nd half of the year...but we might be out of it by that point.

You know they won't play him heavily during the season if he's not contributing during the preseason.

I hope they get him involved.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So does this game kinda solidify the idea that the Bengals D line was being hyped because they practice against a really bad O line?

The amount of missed tackles tonight was embarrassing. Guys trying for big hits and not wrapping up.

Yes. It also doesn't prepare them well to play against good offensive lines either as they are getting handled too.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'll wait til next week before I make predictions.  It doesn't look good right now.

The defense which I thought would be our strength, has one eyebrow way up !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So does this game kinda solidify the idea that the Bengals D line was being hyped because they practice against a really bad O line?

Yep. Gives me the feeling Guenther or some defensive coach doesn't like to coach solid fundamentals. Zimmer would be ripping this squad a new a$$h**e tonight. I see a Marvin-like look of confusion from Guenther.

God help us if he's our next head coach 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The defense which I thought would be our strength, has one eyebrow way up !

We appear to have no strengths...other than cap management!

We have $18.6 million in cap space. Keep your eye on the prize!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:57 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Who the heck is this Albright guy?  He's probably the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.

You feelin' albright? 

I'm not feelin' too good myself
Well, you feelin' albright? 
I'm not feelin' too good myself

Nervous

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We appear to have no strengths...other than cap management!

I read that quickly and thought you said "crap management".

Still works  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Atkins is 29. Green 29. Dunlap 28.

These guys are in their prime for maybe 2 more years...and it's going to be squandered by having a terrible line.

Then we have playmakers like Mixon...and no offensive line.

$18 million in cap space and we signed Andre Smith to be backup RT.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We appear to have no strengths...other than cap management!

Yup. I'd settle for an O-line as a prize. And a week of tackling drills for the defense
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup. I'd settle for an O-line as a prize. And a week of tackling drills for the defense

Why practice tackling? Anything they do probably works in practice against our terrible offensive line.

I'm pretty sure Guenther is stunned.
Reply/Quote