Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Jaguars - GameDay Thread***
(08-29-2016, 12:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Once the starters went out, I wasn't really concerned.  They need to pull Ericsson too.  We don't want our future starting returner getting hurt.

It's still disgraceful. I would not be able to look at myself in the mirror were I these reserves. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does Kumerow even make the practice squad?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: It's still disgraceful. I would not be able to look at myself in the mirror were I these reserves. 

And a lot of those mirrors they are looking in will be in their own homes far away from the team after they get cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If Erickson doesn't make the team, its bullshit. Period.

I think he has a solid chance to make team, most of his returns have been against 2nd teamers but I have been impressed and he has made some catches.. I see him sticking over Wright.   I see AJ LaFell, Boyd, Tate, Core and Erickson now as our 6 WRs
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:01 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd like to see how Erickson fairs against first-stringers before I get too hyped for him, but I definitely want him on the roster.

Wasn't he returning kicks against first stringers early in the game?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Good bye Licata

Still has looked way better than Wenning. All QB's throw picks.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think he has a solid chance to make team, most of his returns have been against 2nd teamers but I have been impressed and he has made some catches.. I see him sticking over Wright.   I see AJ LaFell, Boyd, Tate, Core and Erickson now as our 6 WRs

They should move on from Tate IMO.  But they won't.
Reply/Quote
With Peerman lost for the year, we may keep 3 rb's and 7 receivers.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: With Peerman lost for the year, we may keep 3 rb's and 7 receivers.

I don't think we have anybody who can make up for his absence on special teams.
Reply/Quote
Backups (Oline) still not quite over primetime curse.

Reply/Quote
This second string o-line is getting pushed around. If any of them want to make an NFL team, they better hit the gym.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:07 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They should move on from Tate IMO.  But they won't.

Tate has outplayed others for the 5/6 spot so he has earned the spot.. also with Peerman out for a while, Tates value has went up on special teams, I rather keep him than have some 6th WR on the bench and ineffective on special teams.
Reply/Quote
Has Westerman been playing?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:06 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Still has looked way better than Wenning. All QB's throw picks.

Considerably better!
Reply/Quote
The Tate hate is real, c'mon people he has out performed most of the others for the 5/6th spot...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Tate has outplayed others for the 5/6 spot so he has earned the spot.. also with Peerman out for a while, Tates value has went up on special teams, I rather keep him than have some 6th WR on the bench and ineffective on special teams.

We will never be rid of his poor return game until he is gone from this team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:16 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: We will never be rid of his poor return game until he is gone from this team.

Regardless of his return game he's performed pretty well at the WR position 
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Tate has outplayed others for the 5/6 spot so he has earned the spot.. also with Peerman out for a while, Tates value has went up on special teams, I rather keep him than have some 6th WR on the bench and ineffective on special teams.

I have no doubt they will keep him.  His adequate preseason play doesn't make up for average to below average returning during the regular season. And if Jones is out long, we won't have an explosive returner at all unless we keep Erickson.
Reply/Quote
And another primetime embarrassment is in the books. Doesn't matter if it's preseason - the fact that it was primetime should be been the needed extra impetus not to get beat by a bad team.
Reply/Quote
with first cuts on Tuesday and all of our injuries it will be tough to hold some starters out of the 4th preseason game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote