Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Preseason week 1) ***New York Giants @ Cincinnati Bengals*** (Game Day Thread)
Even though the 1st preseason game is still 5 weeks away...is it ever too early to start talking about it? Confused

So, I figured I would go ahead and start the Game Day section, and the 1st official game day thread on the new board. Yes, I'm geeking for some football! Excited

Here's 3 questions to get us started...

What will you be looking for in the 1st preseason game?

Which players will you be watching most closely?

Which longshots would you like to see have a big performance?
Reply/Quote
1. I will be looking for the same thing that I always look for in the 1st preseason game, health. There's not too much to take away from the game since players are shaking off rust. I just want us to remain to healthy.

2. I'll be paying attention to our RB depth. Mainly Terrell Watson. I'm also interested to see how they play Jake Fisher.

3. I'd like to see Floyd Raven and/or Troy Hill to have great performances.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 1. I will be looking for the same thing that I always look for in the 1st preseason game, health. There's not too much to take away from the game since players are shaking off rust. I just want us to remain to healthy.

2. I'll be paying attention to our RB depth. Mainly Terrell Watson. I'm also interested to see how they play Jake Fisher.

3. I'd like to see Floyd Raven and/or Troy Hill to have great performances.

I agree with Raven and Hill. I think they're both very strong practice squad candidates and potential 53 members in the future. I'm also interested in seeing Jake Kumerow.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the first pre-season home game (especially when it falls during week #1) is all about the health as the other poster said. I just love being back at PBS for that first game, soaking up the atmosphere and enjoying the fact that summer is almost over and real football is almost here.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
im anxious to actually see McCarron after all of the hype. Besides mentioning no injury, id like to see Alford's speed and get him some touches. And finally, id love to see, shocking the world, Burfict come out in pads ready to eat at the line of scrimmage. I realize he wont be ready for a while. But just saying that would be crazy to see....
Reply/Quote
The key to EVERY preseason game.  Nobody gets INJURED! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 03:00 AM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: im anxious to actually see McCarron after all of the hype.  Besides mentioning no injury, id like to see Alford's speed and get him some touches. And  finally, id love to see, shocking the world, Burfict come out in pads ready to eat at the line of scrimmage. I realize he wont be ready for a while. But just saying that would be crazy to see....

Definitely interested to see how McCarron looks. He'll get quite a few snaps, so it would be nice to see him perform well after not playing at all last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree with Raven and Hill. I think they're both very strong practice squad candidates and potential 53 members in the future. I'm also interested in seeing Jake Kumerow.

I completely forgot about Kumerow. I was excited when we signed him. Hopefully he can show enough to get a PS spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The 2 things I'm watching for all throughout the preseason are the receivers not named Green or Sanu (and this includes the TEs) and the defensive line. I am curious to see how McCarron looks. I'm hoping that at the least he looks capable of being the backup QB.

The thing that sucks about the first preseason game is most of the game you're going to be watching guys that will most likely not make the team, so there's really not much to watch after the first quarter.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 12:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The key to EVERY preseason game.  Nobody gets INJURED! 

^^^ This

I'll be watching Clark, D. Moore, and Dennard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to watch some football!
1.) Hope we can have an injury free preseason.
2.) I want to see how Geno and Leon look.
3.) I want to see how Dennard and Kirkpatrick look.
4.) 4 rookies  I really want to see play Dawson, Alford, Harrison,  and Shaw look.
5.) the 9th defensive line spot should be intriguing training camp battle between Still, Hunt, and Clarke.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Even though the 1st preseason game is still 5 weeks away...is it ever too early to start talking about it?  Confused

So, I figured I would go ahead and start the Game Day section, and the 1st official game day thread on the new board. Yes, I'm geeking for some football!  Excited

Here's 3 questions to get us started...

What will you be looking for in the 1st preseason game?

Which players will you be watching most closely?

Which longshots would you like to see have a big performance?

What will you be looking for in the 1st preseason game?  Backup QB play and LB play

Which players will you be watching most closely?  McCarron, Hawk and Dawson.  

Which longshots would you like to see have a big performance?   Wr Jake Kumerow.   Plus any of the young TEs.  We need the best two new TEs to really shine.  With his injury history, Eifert needs strong backups.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 12:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What will you be looking for in the 1st preseason game?  Backup QB play and LB play

Which players will you be watching most closely?  McCarron, Hawk and Dawson.  

Which longshots would you like to see have a big performance?   Wr Jake Kumerow.   Plus any of the young TEs.  We need the best two new TEs to really shine.  With his injury history, Eifert needs strong backups.  

The 1st preseason game is getting closer and closer!  Dancing
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 12:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The 1st preseason game is getting closer and closer!  Dancing

I know!  August 14th, about 3 weeks away.  
Reply/Quote
Not much into preseason games except it's football. Feel season ticket holders paying full price to see backups is a rip off.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Obviously I don't want injuries, but I understand the reason behind preseason.

1. I'll be looking to see how well the rookies have adapted. I tend to take what the starters do with a grain of salt. No team is fully playing lights out with their starters. There's no need to. Rookies and backup players are playing for their lives; those are the ones you need to watch.

2. Besides rookies, I would like to see the wide receiver corp outside of the big 3. There's a ton of question marks outside of those 3. Devon Still vs. Pat Sims is going to be a huge battle to watch for. Would also like to see how the linebackers have progressed.

3. McCalebb and DiManche. McCalebb deserves to see return possibilities. DiManche was a beast on special teams and plays well against the run. Both I think have a very good shot if they have good games.
Reply/Quote
What will you be looking for in the 1st preseason game? Backup QBs, WRs & LBs.

Which players will you be watching most closely? McCarron, Moore, & Dawson.

Which longshots would you like to see have a big performance? Probably would be Troy Hill imo.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
1. Rookies in adapting and who will be a clear starter.
2. Thinking that AJ needs to prove he is a capable backup or if Dalton falters, he could be a possible starter.
3. Really anybody that can prove that the long shots can make any roster if not with the Bengals.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I want to see Andy looking confident and decisive while he plays. If his head is in the right place, that bodes well for the regular season. Also, what is the over/under on Dre K picking off Eli? I know they'll only be in there for a quarter or less, but I could see that happening.

For rookies it will be interesting to keep an eye on the O-Line as it starts to rotate mid-way through the game. Also I'm hoping to see something from Troy Hill when he gets to play late in the game.

Reply/Quote
1. Second team if the first team in case they go down, second team is the backup.
2. A.J. McCarron to see if he is a great backup to Dalton.
3. A lot of payers too numerous to name. A lot of long shots.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote