Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump used his phone to take a snapshot of a classified image and tweeted it
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-shares-potentially-revealing-image-of-iranian-missile-site-on-twitter/2019/08/30/4820db10-cb5e-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html?noredirect=on

Well, he certainly has the right to be this careless with classified information, but it's wild that this happened. So did we just admit that we're violating their airspace to use drones or planes to spy on them?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The tradition these days (well, since Carter) is for Presidents to blame the previous administration. It'll be interesting (and depressing) to see the crap trump puts out when his time is up and there's likely some changes in direction in regard to... Everything.
Saves the Russians airfare to visit the White House IOT pick it up in person like the last time Trump compromised intel.
(08-30-2019, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-shares-potentially-revealing-image-of-iranian-missile-site-on-twitter/2019/08/30/4820db10-cb5e-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html?noredirect=on

Well, he certainly has the right to be this careless with classified information, but it's wild that this happened. So did we just admit that we're violating their airspace to use drones or planes to spy on them?

I don't see that he does have the right to tweet out classified images now. He has forfeited it by poor judgment.

The problem is that holding him accountable is so difficult.
(09-04-2019, 12:50 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't see that he does have the right to tweet out classified images now. He has forfeited it by poor judgment.

The problem is that holding him accountable is so difficult.

If an Army private did that they would be punished.
Fastest way to give it to Russia !

But her emails ... LMFAO.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

“We didn’t do what nobody accused us of doing.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-30-2019, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-shares-potentially-revealing-image-of-iranian-missile-site-on-twitter/2019/08/30/4820db10-cb5e-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html?noredirect=on

I saw some say that that is a satellite picture, so we aren't violating their airspace.

Even if it is, I find it hilarious that Trump would tweet it and risk the question being asked.
(09-04-2019, 01:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If an Army private did that they would be punished.

An Army general would be punished. President has the final say on what and whether classified material is exposed. So he has a "right."

But in doing what he did, and has done on other occasions, he has shown himself unfit to have that right, to hold that office.
Trumps been using his personal phone and emails against the advice of his Intel and Administration.

Americans just don't care because it's not Hillary. If only the media would focus on this as they did Hillary's emails to her daughter over their dinner plans......

But they won't and thus all those Trump supporters chanting "lockherup" look like the fools they get played to be by Republicans since Trump is doing far more on personal devices then Hillary ever did.

And the truth is say what you want about Hillary, but she was politically wise and experienced. I trust her far more to know what is classified and what not to send via email then Trump who doesn't know which end is up when it comes to classified information, and has done far more damage by informing the Russians and NK on things they would have never found out under any other Administration (Israel's top secrets, our overseas Nuclear locations).

Our enemy's have all our secrets.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-04-2019, 08:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I saw some say that that is a satellite picture, so we aren't violating their airspace.

Even if it is, I find it hilarious that Trump would tweet it and risk the question being asked.

Yea amateur satellite trackers were able to determine which satellite, when, and where. It's from some satellite whose launch was top secret and there's been speculation about, so now we know a bit more about it thanks to this tweet.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Yes, we have gone over that the POTUS can decide when to declassify anything.

Key word is "decide" versus just running his mouth.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-19-2019, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, we have gone over that the POTUS can decide when to declassify anything.

Key word is "decide" versus just running his mouth.

"Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that." is some Grade A military phrasing to have on-hand. That guy has clearly had to work for idiots before.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-19-2019, 09:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that." is some Grade A military phrasing to have on-hand. That guy has clearly had to work for idiots before.

From what I have heard from every single person I know who was in the military that is par for the course.  Smirk

Still, makes you wonder what DJT rambles on about while trying to sound important to people when there ISN'T someone there to tell him (politely) to shut his orange pie hole.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.