Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Taylor and nick foles
I know Philadelphia could block his brother from joining us, but if he comes here what’s the chances he brings foles with him? I know it’s a long shot. Just curious if anyone thinks this is a possibility? Would you stick with Andy or go with foles? I’m all for Andy getting a chance still but foles has won a super bowl. He can write a 2 million dollar check and be a free agent. He is also obviously familiar with press, and I’m sure comfortable.
Reply/Quote
No thanks. Foles has been less than impressive in the regular season (without which there is no playoffs) and indeed looked like an amateur against the Saints yesterday. If you have to have a QB prospect (in a very weak QB draft class) then take one in Rd 3 or so and develop them behind Andy whilst fixing the OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously... What's up with this Foles shit?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As long as it’s not OC, I’m ok If press wants a spot on the staff. But I want NOTHING to do with Foles. Like others said, if you’re looking to replace Dalton, go ahead and draft a prospect to groom.

Reply/Quote
So for the fourth thread...no. People here don’t want to pay Andy 16 a year why do they want to trade something to Philly to pay Foles 20 for one year then have to invest heavily in him? I’m not going to get into the argument of is he better than Dalton, I’m going to simply say he is not exponentially better making such an investment intelligent.
Reply/Quote
So, for the 2nd thread, no. I don't like the thought of the Head Coach's bro having a prominent spot on the staff. You'd have to wonder about accountability, and I can't imagine other coaches being totally comfortable in that situation. Especially since Taylor's father in law (Mike Sherman) has already been mentioned as a possible consultant. The Bengals already have too much nepotism going on.

I also don't like the thought of adding a very green OC to go with a very green HC. Press is even younger than Zac.

Also, his name is Press. Who names their kid "Press"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: No thanks. Foles has been less than impressive in the regular season (without which there is no playoffs) and indeed looked like an amateur against the Saints yesterday. If you have to have a QB prospect (in a very weak QB draft class) then take one in Rd 3 or so and develop them behind Andy whilst fixing the OL.

He has a regular season career passer rating of 88.5. Are we in agreement that is less than impressive? Because I can roll with it. 

As to the OP: Foles should go to a team that only needs a QB; we need more. As to Press: Not bad; as long as we get a veteran DC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So, for the 2nd thread, no. I don't like the thought of the Head Coach's bro having a prominent spot on the staff. You'd have to wonder about accountability, and I can't imagine other coaches being totally comfortable in that situation. Especially since Taylor's father in law (Mike Sherman) has already been mentioned as a possible consultant. The Bengals already have too much nepotism going on.

I also don't like the thought of adding a very green OC to go with a very green HC. Press is even younger than Zac.

Also, his name is Press. Who names their kid "Press"?

Pete Maravich's grandfather.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:22 PM)McC Wrote: Pete Maravich's grandfather.

Well, it's a good thing the talent skipped down another generation. Otherwise, we'd be talking about "Pistol Press".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, it's a good thing the talent skipped down another generation. Otherwise, we'd be talking about "Pistol Press".

I believe Press was a pretty good player but he was not specifically raised to be a basketball wizard like his son was.  And he was also not 6'5".  Yeah, Pistol Press doesn't have much of a ring to it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: So for the fourth thread...no. People here don’t want to pay Andy 16 a year why do they want to trade something to Philly to pay Foles 20 for one year then have to invest heavily in him? I’m not going to get into the argument of is he better than Dalton, I’m going to simply say he is not exponentially better making such an investment intelligent.

I wasn’t suggesting, just asking. I want to keep dalton as our qb and see what new eyes can do for him. I was just curious if anyone thought it might come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, it's a good thing the talent skipped down another generation. Otherwise, we'd be talking about "Pistol Press".

Pistol Press sounds like an 18th century STD tool for males. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I wasn’t suggesting, just asking. I want to keep dalton as our qb and see what new eyes can do for him. I was just curious if anyone thought it might come to fruition.

Sorry, this has just been the new “thing” around here for the last couple days. Didn’t mean to bite your head off.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind Foles as a bridge QB, but not at 20 mil. Foles is nothing special but he does seem to step up his game post season. He brought it home last year and was pushing his team down the field to potentially knock off the Saints this year until his butter-fingered WR failed to squeeze the pig.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:20 AM)HuDey Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Foles as a bridge QB, but not at 20 mil. Foles is nothing special but he does seem to step up his game post season. He brought it home last year and was pushing his team down the field to potentially knock off the Saints this year until his butter-fingered WR failed to squeeze the pig.

The friendly fans of Philly, probably poured bleach in his yard, and threw dog shit on his lawn.
Reply/Quote
Foles is a fine QB but he isn’t the answer for Cincinnati. He’s not much better, if any better than Dalton and he is more expensive.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Foles is a fine QB but he isn’t the answer for Cincinnati. He’s not much better, if any better than Dalton and he is more expensive.

Nick Foles = Joe Flacco
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know Philadelphia could block his brother from joining us, but if he comes here what’s the chances he brings foles with him? I know it’s a long shot. Just curious if anyone thinks this is a possibility? Would you stick with Andy or go with foles? I’m all for Andy getting a chance still but foles has won a super bowl. He can write a 2 million dollar check and be a free agent. He is also obviously familiar with press, and I’m sure comfortable.
I dont want Press, rather we have a clean staff no nepotism,  
Reply/Quote
The same fans that thought we were sitting on gold with AJ McCarron a few years ago are now pining for Nick Foles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry, this has just been the new “thing” around here for the last couple days. Didn’t mean to bite your head off.

[Image: Praying_Mantis_(California).jpg]

Reply/Quote