Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Press conference conclusions
The press conference signals a couple things IMO.

1. There is a very good chance he returns as HC.

2. They are likely negotiating on the topic of personnel control. What else would it be? My second guess would be perhaps coaching staff hiring/firing is also being discussed.

3. Bengals must feel like they have at least 1-2 internal candidates they can fall back on, were the Marvin discussions fall through, which explains the lack of urgency to move quickly.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watching it now on Facebook. One thing that sticks out, is he has no Bengals apparel on.... that has to be a first.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Watching it now on Facebook. One thing that sticks out, is he has no Bengals apparel on.... that has to be a first.

He's not an employee now, right?
Reply/Quote
And once again, the ***** ass local media ***** its way through another Marvin shit show. Is there even one pair of testicles in the whole bunch?

Why would Marvin ever even think about leaving here? He doesn't care about winning and neither do his bosses. It's a match made in heaven.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."

The course of being Pittsburgh’s ***** and getting your head used as a stepping stone in the playoffs is a terrible course.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:15 PM)McC Wrote: And once again, the ***** ass local media ***** its way through another Marvin shit show. Is there even one pair of testicles in the whole bunch?

Why would Marvin ever even think about leaving here? He doesn't care about winning and neither do his bosses. It's a match made in heaven.

And now, Patty Cake Hour with Marv Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't Marv love his job? The boss never holds anyone accountable, Marv doesn't have to go through a GM, and the local media isn't allowed to ask tough questions. You can tell the Bengals RUN that shit. The reporters literally sound timid, like they're afraid to even tip-toe near tough questions. They'll probably lose access if they do. My question is why do they care? Have some damn loyalty to your readers/listeners. I'm sure they'd appreciate some truth. This team deserves major negative press.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The course of being Pittsburgh’s ***** and getting your head used as a stepping stone in the playoffs is a terrible course.

This is a day of celebration in Shitsburgh.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why wouldn't Marv love his job? The boss never holds anyone accountable, Marv doesn't have to go through a GM, and the local media isn't allowed to ask tough questions. You can tell the Bengals RUN that shit. The reporters literally sound timid, like they're afraid to even tip-toe near tough questions. They'll probably lose access if they do. My question is why do they care? Have some damn loyalty to your readers/listeners. I'm sure they'd appreciate some truth. This team deserves major negative press.

Yes. Who cares if access to Marvin’s bs is revoked? He never says anything worth anything anyway. You’ll lose your chance to cover meaningless trash. Bummer
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's not an employee now, right?

Wrong. Head Coach responsibilities do not end with the last game of the season, there is still a lot of post season work that he is under contract to do....
Reply/Quote
Conclusion:

Marvin's back and nothing of any real significance will change. Oh new OC perhaps ?

Mike will pay some lip service about change blah, blah, but it will be 2010 all over again. Mike will pull back all the rope he pretends to pay out once it comes time to ante up.

Here we go again ! Same old song again
Reply/Quote
15 years
Can't win a playoff game
Can't beat the Steelers at home
Disgusting prime time record
Back to back losing seasons

Yet, after all that...it seems as though it's basically Marvin's call whether he is back or not. Mind boggling!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wrong. Head Coach responsibilities do not end with the last game of the season, there is still a lot of post season work that he is under contract to do....

I thought his contract ended today...
Reply/Quote
A sad state of affairs in bengal land. This is eerily similar to 2010 all over again.

If Marvin is back, i will stop keeping up until game 1 of regular season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 15 years
Can't win a playoff game
Can't beat the Steelers at home
Disgusting prime time record
Back to back losing seasons

Yet, after all that...it seems as though it's basically Marvin's call whether he is back or not. Mind boggling!

0-7 in the playoffs
get beat bad in the 2nd half all the time.

Sign that man back up ? WTF is a giant understatement

This is surreal 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yes. Who cares if access to Marvin’s bs is revoked? He never says anything worth anything anyway. You’ll lose your chance to cover meaningless trash. Bummer

Exactly! Do we really need to hear "we did some good things" every week? The players are muzzled too and rarely - if ever - provide a meaningful sound bite.

Just start doing fair and blunt journalism (say nice things when it's deserved and rip them when called for) and I would eat that up.

I don't care about team quotes because they're empty and meaningless.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought his contract ended today...

He said his contract was up next month. I'm guessing it ends after the Superbowl when the 2017 season is officially over.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Team ranked #31 in attendance this year averaging just over 53K per game. Only the LA Chargers trailed them and that's because of their move to LA where no one cares about them. The only other team to average under 60K per game was the Raiders. If there aren't whole-sale changes to this coaching staff, 53K per game will be a PIPE DREAM next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 0-7 in the playoffs
get beat bad in the 2nd half all the time.

Sign that man back up ? WTF is a giant understatement

This is surreal 

If Marvin is brought back - and it sure appears to be leaning that way - it proves once an for all how incredibly lazy and complacent Mike and Katie are. There is absolutely no incentive for them to change, so they'll ride the status quo for as long as they possibly can. Marvin saying that if you're a real fan you'll 'stay the course' was pretty telling, because it's basically the mindset of the entire organization and why winning a championship will never be the priority it should be.
Reply/Quote