Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Press conference conclusions
(01-01-2018, 05:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Then maybe Mike Brown should think about how he treats his customers then. I wouldn't feel guilty over a boycott lol. Why should I?

Mike Brown is the one who should feel guilty, theoretically.

Lol I wonder what would happen if Mike Brown is reported to the better business bureau.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Bengals fans should stay the course."

**** off, Marvin. It's been fifteen ***** years.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:14 PM)Synric Wrote: I get it I'm not happy about the last few years either and while Im more of a supporter for Marvin Lewis than most I think it was just time for a fresh start. 

As for the Boycotting it usually hurts the wrong people. In this case the team and even the regular employees. If it gets bad enough the Bengals will be forced to relocate and that would mean billions lost to thr county and state...not to mention all thr people that will lose their jobs. I just don't see boycotting as a good answer.

Does a boycott really hurt that many people?  You're talking about 8 games a year and a couple of preseason tilts.  The team employs a bare bones staff of family members in the FO and lifetime appointments as coaches.  As for vendors, etc those are low level jobs that can be had just about anywhere in this economy.  Hell,I know here in Lexington, there are many restaurant owners publicly claiming that the dining market is so saturated (too many restaurants) that they can't maintain adequate wait staff.

This organization takes more than they give to this city.  Cincinnati would keep on keeping on if they left.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol I wonder what would happen if Mike Brown is reported to the better business bureau.

Lmao. They'd have to come up with a rating below F.

(01-01-2018, 05:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Bengals fans should stay the course."

**** off, Marvin.  It's been fifteen ***** years.

Is he trolling with this nonsense? Seriously. What does that mean? Is the "course" a quarter-century long?

Is that the big picture? Marv's 25 year plan for a single playoff win?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:28 PM)samhain Wrote: Does a boycott really hurt that many people?  You're talking about 8 games a year and a couple of preseason tilts.  The team employs a bare bones staff of family members in the FO and lifetime appointments as coaches.  As for vendors, etc those are low level jobs that can be had just about anywhere in this economy.  Hell,I know here in Lexington, there are many restaurant owners publicly claiming that the dining market is so saturated (too many restaurants) that they can't maintain adequate wait staff.

This organization takes more than they give to this city.  Cincinnati would keep on keeping on if they left.

So because it's a low level job it doesn't matter that if they lose it and are forced to find another one? 

Sorry, I cannot get behind any idea that will cause a regular American to lose their employment.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:33 PM)Synric Wrote: So because it's a low level job it doesn't matter that if they lose it and are forced to find another one? 

Sorry, I cannot get behind any idea that will cause a regular American to lose their employment.

Those are (very) temporary jobs though, Syrinc. I worked for Tenable Security at the stadium. It wasn't my main gig...it was a side gig for fun. From my experience, it was the same for pretty much everyone there, and the full-time staff did security jobs elsewhere when the Bengals weren't playing in Cincy.

These guys (and gals) aren't supporting families off of 10 days a year. They're just earning a few extra bucks on the side.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."

LOL. Guess I'm not a real fan then.  :andy:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol I wonder what would happen if Mike Brown is reported to the better business bureau.

The BBB's response would be that the Bengals are technically  not a business.  If an entity makes piles of money no matter how badly it is run, it is, by definition, not a business.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."

Ok. For many of us, staying the course leads us right out the door. Aye aye, captain!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "Bengals fans should stay the course."

**** off, Marvin.  It's been fifteen ***** years.

yep, just think, we're halfway home on the 30 year plan to success  Garfield

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:08 PM)McC Wrote: Personally, I would love to see Mike take his circle jerk somewhere else, deliver his special brand of misery to some other city.  It would be the one thing that would get me off this train of sadness, since I can't do it on my own.  And I am not kidding about this.  50 years in purgatory is more than enough.

Yup,

I'm 100% at that point myself. I've been a Bengals fan since the early 70's and I've never, ever, had this much apathy towards this team.

I'm still trying to hold out a shred of hope that Mike will come to his senses. It's a microscopic shred

I however, can't sign back up for another year of the same old same old.
Reply/Quote