Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure on Rookies
[Image: x5EKX4zLoklYUuRUYQfGH59PnhAGqhWo-T6vkyil...a4BDCgJZFo]

This picture pretty much sums up Akili. He's taken responsibility for his failures, but the guy is without a doubt the #1 bust in team history.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Isaac Curtis was an elite track athlete as well and a pretty darn good receiver.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 03:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dave Klinger on his worst day was better than Akili. Klingler had no o-line.

Ki-Jana was decent when he played. We would've been better off as a team if Akili got injured.

He authored arguably the worst passing season in NFL history in 2000. With weapons Klingler only dreamed of.

Seriously, it's not close. Even before considering all the picks we passed up.

That's right Klingler would get bull rushed as soon as the ball was snapped.  Terrible line play.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 07:28 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah he should have said we think he’ll suck. That’s why we picked him in the top 5 picks....if you’re picking a player that high and DONT think they’re an elite player then you screwed up

He could have sent a better message.  Maybe something like "We think big things are in store for Ja'marr Chase.  As he grows and shows that he's ready to meet the challenge, we'll work him into offense.".  

Perhaps the Bengals should reconsider allowing the Novice Head Coach to have free reign of the microphone at pressers?  I mean, honestly, I expected soooo much more from a man lauded as some sort of "master communicator", the way the team presented him, upon announcement of his hire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote