Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Vs Ragnow
The way this team is built, I'd take the guy who is fairly solid now as a rookie and becomes a good player, then the guy who is struggling now, but may become a star. We have 30 year old QB and WR1. Just re-signed our 2 best DL who are around 30. This has to happen fairly soon
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: By now we all know the dubiousness of PFF, but I did add the term "off-season champion" simply because, based on the initial reviews of his tape, he was graded as a 2nd-3rd rounder. I forget what triggered his ascent to a 1st round pick but it was very sudden and very immediate. And those kinds of rises are always suspicious. Reminded me of Jason Smith in 2009 (on a smaller scale, of course, as he went from a late 1st-early 2nd round pick to a top 2 pick).

Yea, why you're not wrong, but It was his draft workout that ascended him. He graded elite in quite a few areas, but he still had the tape to back it up. The fact he never gave up a sack while starting is pretty amazing, especially in the SEC. I think scouts over-looked him since they're in the West with Bama/Tigers etc... and to be completely fair, Arkansas is a power run team, so not giving up a sack is probably because they passed it maybe 12 times a game lol. Either way, he was a good prospect 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't know if I'd call the Jets "for real" just yet. If Darnold stays within himself they may make some waves ?

The Lions are the NFC's Bengals ! They spit the bit at random moments. They may come out next week and wax the Eagles, not sure who they play ? Then blow chunks against Cleveland the following week. What did Stafford end up with 5 pics ? You can't win any NFL game like that unless you're playing Cleveland.

Ragnow vs. Price - way to early to tell

If you watched that game, you would have been impressed by their defense.  Their offense was solid, but their defense was amazing.  I think Detroit had something like 50 yards in the first half. 
Reply/Quote
turns out on the Dalton interception play, Price's foot was stepped on by Clint Boling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:35 PM)pally Wrote: turns out on the Dalton interception play, Price's foot was stepped on by Clint Boling

Thats a good catch.. Here is the vid of it, not the wide view though at the 13 second mark. (click Watch on YouTube) cause the NFL are moneygrubbing knkjnjs.

At least we know it wasn't all of Price's fault for sure.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thats a good catch.. Here is the vid of it, not the wide view though at the 13 second mark. (click Watch on YouTube) cause the NFL are moneygrubbing knkjnjs.

At least we know it wasn't all of Price's fault for sure.

Actually seeing that, I didn't even realize Dalton's arm was hit as he was passing the ball.  
I have watched Billy for 4 years and have never seen him get blown up like that. This made more sense knowing Boling had step on his foot causing him to lose his balance.
Reply/Quote
Price played okay. It wasn't the greatest debut but he is a rookie coming off of a limited off-season. He struggled in the run game once again. I noticed a couple of plays where the DT pushed him back into the backfield or slipped by him to make a play. This is consistent with what I was seeing during the pre-season too.

Apart from the first play of the game, his pass protection was fine.
Reply/Quote
So Price got partly tripped by Boling and Dalton's arm was hit as he threw. Okay.

Best thing is Price and Boling fixed it and it did not happen again.
Reply/Quote
It was not just one play Al Woods gave Price trouble most of the game. Thursday Price goes up against Brandon Williams who is a lot better than Woods.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 06:06 PM)Synric Wrote: It was not just one play Al Woods gave Price trouble most of the game. Thursday Price goes up against Brandon Williams who is a lot better than Woods.

What game did you watch?  I admit that Price did not have a flawless game, but he did well for most of the game and didn't have a lot of trouble with Woods.
Reply/Quote
I wanted a Center, so I'm glad we got the guy who is actually playing Center at the NFL level. That he performed better so far is icing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ragnow was always a prospect I was suspicious of. He went from a 2nd/3rd round prospect to a top 20 prospect almost over night. If his game tape were good enough he would have never fallen out of the first round discussion to begin with.

As for Price, he was considered a top 20 lock until he got injured and only then did people start questioning his draft stock.

So he and Ragnow were going in opposite directions, "stock wise" heading into the draft so I think it was natural that Bengals fans were upset that they got the "cold prospect" rather than the "hot prospect."

The problem with hot prospects is...there was a reason they were so low to begin with. And we'll see how this pans out over the course of the year, but I'm always weary of workout warriors or off-season champions. And Ragnow was certainly one of those.

He was rated so low due to an injury, his tape was some of the best according to a majority.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 06:49 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: What game did you watch?  I admit that Price did not have a flawless game, but he did well for most of the game and didn't have a lot of trouble with Woods.

Same one you did. 

He wasn't as bad as Hart but Price did not look good by a long shot. Most of his issues was with run blocking.

Redmond gave up some pressures but had a nice game pulling around the edges in the run game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Same one you did. 

He wasn't as bad as Hart but Price did not look good by a long shot. Most of his issues was with run blocking.

Redmond gave up some pressures but had a nice game pulling around the edges in the run game.

That isn't what I saw at all.  Thanks for sharing your observations.  I just don't agree with what you claim to have seen.
Reply/Quote
For a rookie, starting at Center, in his professional debut, on a line feature 4/5 new parts? I thought that he did pretty darn good.

So much better than what the Bills had to work with this weekend...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:42 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: That isn't what I saw at all.  Thanks for sharing your observations.  I just don't agree with what you claim to have seen.

PFF even gave him a worst grade in the run game than in pass pro. Meaning he had issues run blocking so I'm not 5he only one who observed it.

Thursday he goes up against Brandon Williams and Williams is a very good nose tackle.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:45 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF even gave him a worst grade in the run game than in pass pro. Meaning he had issues run blocking so I'm not 5he only one who observed it.

Thursday he goes up against Brandon Williams and Williams is a very good nose tackle.

Again I didn't see it at all... PFF has very little credibility with me.  I have never supported them and I don't know why so many like to use them as a go to, unless it is to support their claim, like you are doing.

I saw a guy that had 1 terrible play, and then settled down and adjusted nicely.  He didn't win all of his matches, which is very hard to do in the NFL, but he did hold his own on his first outing.

I don't care who Baltimore has, Price may to make some adjustments but what he showed on Sunday is that he can do that. 

Williams was apart of the Ravens last year when they were in win and in playoff mode.  He had to go up against Russell Bodine and was thwarted.  Yes Williams will get some shots, but I don't see Williams winning a lot of matches against Price.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: Quite the imagination you have there. I never really gave the size of rinoceros balls much thought, but then gay beastiality really isn't my thing. ..not that I'm saying it's yours either, but you did bring up the idea .  Be honest now. How many videos of rinoceroses running away from the camera do you have qued up and ready to view late at night? 
I just had a thought.. Think of the schear bravery required to do such an act with a male rinoceros? It's definitely not for the faint of heart . That's for sure. 
"Well hello there big guy . Care for some fun?"  I'm guessing that line probably wouldn't work with too many rino's.. 

LMAO!!! Fun fact, a Rino's horn is made of hair. Not funny I know but that's all I got man.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 08:25 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Again I didn't see it at all... PFF has very little credibility with me.  I have never supported them and I don't know why so many like to use them as a go to, unless it is to support their claim, like you are doing.

I saw a guy that had 1 terrible play, and then settled down and adjusted nicely.  He didn't win all of his matches, which is very hard to do in the NFL, but he did hold his own on his first outing.

I don't care who Baltimore has, Price may to make some adjustments but what he showed on Sunday is that he can do that. 

Williams was apart of the Ravens last year when they were in win and in playoff mode.  He had to go up against Russell Bodine and was thwarted.  Yes Williams will get some shots, but I don't see Williams winning a lot of matches against Price.

I claimed he struggled in the run game which is also supported by a third party. Could Price get better absolutely but I refuse to stick my head in the sand just because he's not Bodine. Price had a bad game plain and simple.

....And are you saying it doesn't matter about the talent level of the guy Price lines up across from? 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I claimed he struggled in the run game which is also supported by a third party. Could Price get better absolutely but I refuse to stick my head in the sand just because he's not Bodine. Price had a bad game plain and simple.

....And are you saying it doesn't matter about the talent level of the guy Price lines up across from? 

Stop. Price had a good game no matter what you have claimed.

No the “talent” level means diddly squat. Where was that “talent” last season when the Ravens needed to beat the Bengals to go to the playoffs?

So a guy that was thwarted by Bodine is supposed to matter all of a sudden? All because PFF claims that Price was bad?

First what was Price’s assignment on any play? You don’t know so how do you know he played terribly?

Price stopped people that were in front of him. Mixon had 95 yrds rushing. Yet Price struggled in run blocking. OK.
Reply/Quote