Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Vs Ragnow
(09-11-2018, 10:19 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Stop. Price had a good game no matter what you have claimed.

No the “talent” level means diddly squat. Where was that “talent” last season when the Ravens needed to beat the Bengals to go to the playoffs?

So a guy that was thwarted by Bodine is supposed to matter all of a sudden?  All because PFF claims that Price was bad?

First what was Price’s assignment on any play?  You don’t know so how do you know he played terribly?  

Price stopped people that were in front of him. Mixon had 95 yrds rushing. Yet Price struggled in run blocking. OK.

This post is just full of wrong.

I'll start with the Bold first. So your saying Bobby Hart had a good game too because Mixon had 95 yards rushing. Nope...

And are you really calling Brandon Williams bad because the Bengals won at the end of the season? Williams is one the top Nose Tackles in the NFL. 

I just can't lol Brandon Williams was handled by Bodine lol.  I'm done here lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:10 PM)Synric Wrote: This post is just full of wrong.

I'll start with the Bold first. So your saying Bobby Hart had a good game too because Mixon had 95 yards rushing. Nope...

And are you really calling Brandon Williams bad because the Bengals won at the end of the season? Williams is one the top Nose Tackles in the NFL. 

I just can't lol Brandon Williams was handled by Bodine lol.  I'm done here lol.

Then bye...

Way to go on NOT addressing any of the points.  I didn't call Williams bad, just that he isn't as "talented" as you are making him out to be.

3rd round DT in 2013.  Just because he plays for the Ravens doesn't mean he is one of the "top" NTs in the league.

Never said Hart had a good game, just that Mixon had to have someone blocking for him to get 95 yrds.  We know it wasn't Hart, and RG wasn't that much better.  So that leaves LG and LT with an adequate job by the OC.

So go ahead and lol.  That doesn't make you right, it just makes you look silly.  Address the points next time, K?  Bye
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't Iso Ragnow, but either the Jets are for real or the Lions suck Rhinoceros balls...because I would imagine they are really big.

I took the Jets plus 7 in that game...what a laugher.

(09-11-2018, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: Quite the imagination you have there. I never really gave the size of rinoceros balls much thought, but then gay beastiality really isn't my thing. ..not that I'm saying it's yours either, but you did bring up the idea .  Be honest now. How many videos of rinoceroses running away from the camera do you have qued up and ready to view late at night? 
I just had a thought.. Think of the schear bravery required to do such an act with a male rinoceros? It's definitely not for the faint of heart . That's for sure. 
"Well hello there big guy . Care for some fun?"  I'm guessing that line probably wouldn't work with too many rino's.. 

Had to look it up, and I discovered that a rhino's balls aren't where you'd expect them. They're not toward the back of the penis and below the anus as we see with horses and dogs and most other male mammals. They're in front of the penis. AND, they're really kinda small in proportion to the rest of the animal. Learn something new every day.

.[Image: rhino_0754raw-239974.jpg]

Also, are you going to tell me that this creature doesn't look like Tyrell Suggs? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Price got beat on Dalton’s Int no doubt and pushed back BUT go rewatch the play and pause it Boling stepped on his foot that’s why he got bullrushed to the ground. However he did get backwards towards pushed towards Clint
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
A little early to proclaim we've dodged a bullet by missing out on ragnow. He dominated, on a subpar Razorback team. I would expect him to have a fine NFL career.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
More PFF Stuff for those that care, RE 1st Round O-line Picks.

PICK NO. 6: QUENTON NELSON, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
2018 SEASON GRADE: 62.9
This was not the debut the Colts were hoping to see from 2018 first-round pick Quenton Nelson. Starting at left guard, Nelson had a number of downgrades in both run-blocking and pass-blocking, and he particularly struggled in space when he was asked to pull or get to the second level. He played all 82 offensive snaps for his team, 60 of which came in pass-protection, where he allowed two quarterback hurries and was clearly beaten by a defender on three separate occasions.

PICK NO. 9: MIKE MCGLINCHEY, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
2018 SEASON GRADE: 55.4
The former Notre Dame tackle didn’t have a particularly impressive debut, but it would be unfair to judge him too harshly on Sunday’s performance alone, as injuries on the 49ers offensive line forced him to kick inside to guard, a position that he’d never played at any level up until that point. All told, McGlinchey spent 42 of his 67 snaps as a pass-blocker, but struggled for the most part and allowed one sack, one hit, and three hurries.

PICK NO. 15: KOLTON MILLER, OAKLAND RAIDERS
2018 SEASON GRADE: 59.5
The Raiders new left tackle played all 70 offensive snaps for his team on Monday night, and while he wasn’t perfect, he showed a marked improvement in pass protection after a couple of wildly inconsistent preseason games. All told, Miller yielded just two quarterback hurries on 47 pass-blocking snaps and only lost one of his pass-blocks all game.

PICK NO 20: FRANK RAGNOW, DETROIT LIONS
2018 SEASON GRADE: 41.2
Like the majority of Lions players who played in Week 1, Ragnow will want to forget his season opener in a hurry. The first-round guard struggled for most of the night as a blocker, allowing two hits and four quarterback hurries on his 56 pass-blocking snaps. If that wasn’t bad enough, Ragnow was consistently defeated by the Jets pass-rush and was left for dust on at least four of his pass-blocks.

PICK NO. 21: BILLY PRICE, CINCINNATI BENGALS
2018 SEASON GRADE: 58.1
The rookie center played all 56 of his team’s offensive snaps, and once again fared much better as a pass-blocker than as a run-blocker. Price spent 34 snaps in pass-protection, where he allowed just one pressure, his first in four games.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:20 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: He was rated so low due to an injury, his tape was some of the best according to a majority.

ehhhh, I mean that was one of his problems. 

WalterFootball had him as a mid tier prospect in terms of pure attributes of a Center

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018positionreviewC.php
4th in pass protection
4th in run blocking
5th in speed
5th in zone blocking
3rd in power man blocking
4th in versatility
5th Overall

He was a good but not great prospect until, like...April 15th. then he became a first round prospect. And that's just weird.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't Iso Ragnow, but either the Jets are for real or the Lions suck Rhinoceros balls...because I would imagine they are really big.

I took the Jets plus 7 in that game...what a laugher.

Rhino balls!  Do they call those African desert oysters?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:51 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: OK, I posted a thread in Around the NFL concerning Ragnow last night.

To be fair, Ragnow is a rookie and could develop into a stud.  He also was up against a tougher opponent in the Jets than what Price went up against with the Colts.  So apples to apples comparisons aren't possible.  However first impressions are not good.

Price only had 1 play that stood out as bad and that led to a Dalton INT.  After settling down, Price had an overall decent game and just like Ragnow could develop into something special, he looks good now, wait until he gains experience.

Ragnow had many negative plays that stood out.  Stafford was getting destroyed and to top it off throwing INTs because of the pressure.  Ragnow unfortunately was the cause to a lot of the pressure and was missing blocks quite frequently.  He did win some, but he lost more.

So in closing, we may have dodged a bullet by not having the opportunity to take Ragnow and getting "stuck" with Price.  We may never really know who we would have taken if both were available but many would be upset if Ragnow was the selection and he performed for us the way he did last night the outrage would have been extensive.
Even if Ragnow turns out to be a pro bowl center the Bengals got two starters for the #9 pick. It remains to be seen what will transpire during the season but I believe the Bengals got the best possible result with their first pick. Why didn't they take another lineman in the next rounds??? That is definitely a head scratcher.
Reply/Quote
I keep going back to the O-Line as a complete unit that functions as a whole. To single out a player may not tell the whole story. Price and Redmond need to find chemistry so they each has awareness of slants/stunts if needed. My Problem with the Bengals Offensive Line is at RT. Just a horrible RT can cause disruptions across the line, from at least center-RG-RT.

What made the O-Line so great back in the 1980s for the Bengals was chemistry. Of course they had one of the best OT in the game in Munoz but still I remember many on the O-Line from the 1980's had average skills coming out of college and were not drafted high. The team also had the greatest O-Line Coach for the Bengals in Jim McNally.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:41 AM)BengalD Wrote: Rhino balls!  Do they call those African desert oysters?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ehhhh, I mean that was one of his problems. 

WalterFootball had him as a mid tier prospect in terms of pure attributes of a Center

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018positionreviewC.php
4th in pass protection
4th in run blocking
5th in speed
5th in zone blocking
3rd in power man blocking
4th in versatility
5th Overall

He was a good but not great prospect until, like...April 15th. then he became a first round prospect. And that's just weird.

Walterfootball from over 6 months before making that list: 

"7/17/17: Ragnow could be in the running to be one of the top center prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft. Over the past two seasons, he hasn't allowed a single sack while taking on excellent competition. As one can expect coming from Arkansas, Ragnow is also a tough run blocker. He is a technician who enters his senior year having made 26 straight starts. As a sophomore, Ragnow was the Razorbacks starter at right guard. He has the size to be a guard or center in the NFL."

Pretty much every site you go to had him rated as a top 2-3 center from the start but he fell down draft boards because of the injury, and even then he was still usually rated round 3. When it was clear he would be ready for the season he moved back up the ranking. 

On top of that it has been one game. He played his first game at OG not center against an very good dline while Price played his drafted position against a weak colts dline. So I dont think anybody should be claiming much of anything about either of these guys until we see more games.
Reply/Quote