Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price on Redmond... Good Grief
https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Quote: “He’s worked his butt off for this moment,” Price said. “People don’t know Redmond now. They’ll know him Sunday.”

Price is excited. Not nervous. His first college start came on an NFL field when the Buckeyes played Navy in Baltimore at M&T Bank Stadium. Everyone but left guard Clint Boling is new on this line that allowed five sacks in last year’s opener. Go back to the 2016 opener and the seven sacks in the win against the Jets and they’re looking for a much cleaner start with new line coach Frank Pollack’s scheme, technique and personnel.
“The key is being on the same page and making sure we’re communicating. I was just talking about that with Bobby,” said Price of right tackle Bobby Hart. “Make sure everyone is on the same page. Make the call. Echo the call. Make the call. Then everybody goes execute. Then do it again. Do it again. Do it again. In the NFL, you can’t have a bad play. A mental lapse is what gives you a sack or a fumble or somebody is unblocked. It’s all about communication.”
If it sounds like Price is a soothing force it’s because he is. He and Redmond make for a unique tag team because Redmond’s energy and passion can sometimes get him into trouble. And then there’s Boling, the dean of the line with seven straight Opening Day starts. It’s quite an interesting brew. Pollack is rolling out these three guys because he must think they give him the best chance to prevent the inside pressure that dogged quarterback Andy Dalton last season.
“Yin and yang. Yin and yang,” Price said of him and Redmond. “Clint’s his own character. It’s going to be cool having (Redmond’s) energy and having him coming in just smashing people. But let’s do it controlled. Let’s do it the right way. When he’s 100 percent confident in what he’s doing and where he’s going, he’s going to ‘kill,’ somebody. That’s how he is. That makes us balanced. That’s what is really cool about it.”

Is this a new guy, or has Redmond been holding back???
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Paul was holding him back  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul was holding him back  Whatever

Paul's passive blocking schemes being gone, plus his lack of enthusiasm (as well as a lack of enthusiasm on the team), and the replacement of Pollack's aggressiveness, has the entire team just fired up to play and get out their and be aggressive!
Reply/Quote
I mentioned it during one of the PS games. Redmond looks like what you want in an olineman as far as fire and passion. Hopefully he puts it all together.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never put much stock in what Hobs spins.... but if Billy Price is saying Redmond is going to kill somebody, that has my interest. As someone who wanted Westerman, I hope Redmond proves me wrong...
Reply/Quote
I'm all for Redmond starting. Between him and Westerman, we knew one of them had the potential to start based on what we saw from them against Detroit and Baltimore. Just can't afford drive killing penalties from him. Hopefully, he's ready to play and can strengthen that right side a little.
Reply/Quote
These guys have to support each other. Build each other’s confidence and trust each other if they’re going to play their best. Having said that it’s all just talk till we see some results I remain cautiously hopeful this years line will perform.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never put much stock in what Hobs spins.... but if Billy Price is saying Redmond is going to kill somebody, that has my interest. As someone who wanted Westerman, I hope Redmond proves me wrong...

Agree 100%

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul was holding him back  Whatever

Will be hard to argue against if Redmond does have good year. 

Absolutely hoping he does too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think Redmond has some serious potential, but he really has to get the false start penalties under control. It would be great to have a bonified mauler to the right of Price,  someone capable of absolutely dominating from his position.. not that it wouldn't be nice to have all 5 olinemen doing the same thing. Who knows .maybe the Bengals brain trust can find a few more of them.  Heck, just one would be nice. 5 would be better than just merely nice. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Redmond looked like a significant upgrade when he finally got his shot a year ago.  He has always been the strongest of the linemen, but had mental lapses and maturity issues.  I think once he gets his opening day jitters out, he will be pancaking some guys and Mixon is going to love running behind that right side.  Boling is our best pulling guard and he won't have to dodge a backpedalling Bodine on his way to the right side this year.

Redmond is just 23 years old.  He lost 25 pounds of bad weight (which I understand they initially wanted him to gain) and has better mobility now for the pass protection but is still a road grader.  

I can't wait to see what they do against Indy.  If they can get a good start to the season and play with confidence, they can go all the way.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never put much stock in what Hobs spins.... but if Billy Price is saying Redmond is going to kill somebody, that has my interest. As someone who wanted Westerman, I hope Redmond proves me wrong...

I sure liked Westerman, too, and a back up plan should Hart not measure up would have to be moving Boling to RT and Westerman at LG.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but he is still a valuable piece.  Really unfortunate for him about his illness right before the season. 
Reply/Quote

And as much as I kept my earlier comment on Redmond, this also has me fired up about Price.  He didn't give up A SINGLE PRESSURE in the preseason (and he ONLY went against the #1s ) and just like at OSU, he was the mouthpiece for that offense.  

I am so thrilled we got him and Glenn with that single first round pick.  That might prove to be the move of the offseason.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And as much as I kept my earlier comment on Redmond, this also has me fired up about Price.  He didn't give up A SINGLE PRESSURE in the preseason (and he ONLY went against the #1s ) and just like at OSU, he was the mouthpiece for that offense.  

I am so thrilled we got him and Glenn with that single first round pick.  That might prove to be the move of the offseason.  

Like I said before...… "Frank who?"
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Redmond looked like a significant upgrade when he finally got his shot a year ago.  He has always been the strongest of the linemen, but had mental lapses and maturity issues.  I think once he gets his opening day jitters out, he will be pancaking some guys and Mixon is going to love running behind that right side.  Boling is our best pulling guard and he won't have to dodge a backpedalling Bodine on his way to the right side this year.

Redmond is just 23 years old.  He lost 25 pounds of bad weight (which I understand they initially wanted him to gain) and has better mobility now for the pass protection but is still a road grader.  

I can't wait to see what they do against Indy.  If they can get a good start to the season and play with confidence, they can go all the way.  

Nothing to do with Redmond but this alone should make things a lot better. 

How Bodine kept that job is still a bigger mystery than the pyramids ever were. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Nothing to do with Redmond but this alone should make things a lot better. 

How Bodine kept that job is still a bigger mystery than the pyramids ever were. 

Agreed,

Bodine was just awful with us way more often than not. Perhaps he will improve some no longer under PA ? but I doubt it
Reply/Quote

Bengals could still have Westerman in starting lineup if they would be willing to kick Boling out to OT opposite Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

Bodine was just awful with us way more often than not. Perhaps he will improve some no longer under PA ? but I doubt it

Hope so for his sake. He seems like a good hard working guy. 

Fault the coaches for sticking with him and only hated his play, but not really him personally. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals could still have Westerman in starting lineup if they would be willing to kick Boling out to OT opposite Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we please stop with the Boling to RT talk.  If this were going to happen it would have happened during the off season.

The Bengals know what they have at LG.  Every other line position needed to be worked out after last year.  Moving Boling to RT assumes Westerman is hands down starting material at LG.  So far the coaching staff has not seen that so let's just let it play out the way it is for now.  Pollack is a smart dude.  If he felt this was the best approach it would have happened already.  Patience.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Like I said before...… "Frank who?"

Haha, to be fair, he didn't give up a pressure either.  But I want the leadership of Price.  

If I wasn't 100% certain it would jinx him, I would buy a PRICE jersey.  
Reply/Quote