Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Price vs. Peko
(11-28-2018, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not an OSU fan. Or an NCAA football fan in general.

Meh that's one of those things like loving peanut butter but hating peanuts.

I'm also interested in the new football league starting next year (Feb.) the AAF.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Old and ineffective vs young and ineffective is the matchup of the year

In all honesty though I hope Peko gets a good reception from the 10 or so Bengals fans that will be at the game. He should be appreciated for his time here as a leader even when his play wasn't the greatest
Reply/Quote
The truth is in the numbers. Peko's job was to help stuff the run, many don't realize it but Geno was not double teamed on running plays when Peko occupied the spot alongside him, it was Peko who demanded the double teams and one less blocker to go get our LBers.

Our run defense is much worse since Peko left, fans hated Peko because he was not a sack guy or tackle for loss guy. But he did his job for us and now is doing it well in Denver. He is a class act and was very unappreciated by our fan base.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:27 PM)thillan Wrote: And yet, we will still watch on Sundays! Ah well, I still always love football. 

Fantasy football really helps in times like this.. though I do believe it has had a major impact on the way football is played now, with defense getting zero help.

I pride myself on at least making the playoffs in practically every season of every league I'm in, so I always have FF to fall back on if/when the Bengals start having a bad season.

This year, my records thus far are:
- 11-1 (1st)
- 10-2 (1st)
- 6-4-2 (4th)
- 7-5 (3rd)

The 6-4-2 league was especially challenging because I had Jimmy Garoppolo and Jerrick McKinnon out on IR early and AJ Green hurt too. Luckily Kamara has been good and I snagged James Conner up at the start of the season from the waiver wire. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I salute you for being able to care about an individual matchup. I don't even care about the game, frankly.

Literally the only thing that interests me going forward is the off chance that Marv gets canned at the end of the season.

Everything else is moot point. This staff is like cancer that finally needs removed.

The only two things I have any real interest in at all is seeing if we have anything in Driskel or not. And the big one seeing what MB is going to do at seasons end.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Pfft at least you guys still have Ohio State to root for...

WVU tanked the last two games knocking them out of any NY6 Bowl games. I think the best bowl game they have a chance at now is the Alamo Bowl.

Pffttt!!!!  At least y'all going to a bowl....FSU fan here....36 year bowl streak ended. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The only two things I have any real interest in at all is seeing if we have anything in Driskel or not. And the big one seeing what MB is going to do at seasons end.

I'm hoping to see Driskel bring about images of Fran Tarkenton out there.....if Og starts, he'll need to rein in those ghosts of scramblers' past. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Anyone ready for Savage to start the Chargers game after Peko body slams Driskle to end his season ?
God only knows who Savage's backup might be.. JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL BABY! (Not tthat I'm pessimistic or anything you know..)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone ready for Savage to start the Chargers game after Peko body slams Driskle to end his season ?
God only knows who Savage's backup might be.. JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL BABY! 

At the moment, it's Tyler Boyd......he'll be throwing to himself. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: At the moment, it's Tyler Boyd......he'll be throwing to himself. ThumbsUp

Mike Brown will assume the role since he's obviously got experience as a QB.. Now THAT would sell out the entire stadium and they could even sell tickets just to be in the same city it happens in..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Mike Brown will assume the role since he's obviously got experience as a QB.. Now THAT would sell out the entire stadium and they could even sell tickets just to be in the same city it happens in..lol

Ha ha ha.....no shit.  I'd buy 'em....watch him get his teeth knocked down his throat after the "positions we don't value that highly" let two come in unblocked on his crotchety old ass.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a huge Peko fan. He gave his all while here and is pure class. I hated to see him go.... that said, I hope Price stuffs him.

He was always one of the nicest people at training camp in Georgetown. He gave my son a football and signed it with the pen we brought. He talked to us for a good two minutes and you could tell that he is as down to earth as it gets.

People that also stood out were Dhani Jones. He was really friendly and would talk to everyone. Tank Johnson also. 
The weirdest thing that ever happened is I had Cedric Benson sign this hat I had for autos and I told him to rush for 2000 yards . (Yeah at 3.4 yards a carry that would have taken years lmao) but he signed Cedric and put a heart over top the i. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: I just can't seem to get the image of a ten year vet running out onto the field in a playoff game out of my mind.

(11-28-2018, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me either

Or yelling hut-hut costing us a penalty on a crucial 3rd or 4th down that same season or the one before. It's the little things so many times that add up to losses. And we lost that game.

Remember all those clowns around here who claimed Peko was garbage and would not play for any other team.  Remember how stupid the people were who said that kind of stuff about him?

"Derp.  Peko plays on roller skates. Herp.  All he is good for is jumping on a pile. Derp."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember all those clowns around here who claimed Peko was garbage and would not play for any other team.  Remember how stupid the people were who said that kind of stuff about him?

"Derp.  Peko plays on roller skates. Herp.  All he is good for is jumping on a pile. Derp."

Neither one of the posts you quoted said anything like that.   Odd, to say the least. You got nothing yet still won't give up your bizarre one man crusade against common sense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: Neither one of the posts you quoted said anything like that.   Odd, to say the least. You got nothing yet still won't give up your bizarre one man crusade against common sense.

Fred's right on this one, there were many, many people on here saying Peko was nothing but a pile jumper, who got no push, and was washed up.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember all those clowns around here who claimed Peko was garbage and would not play for any other team.  Remember how stupid the people were who said that kind of stuff about him?

As is par for the course here, it turns out this bumbling, inept, staff was misusing him here his last few seasons.  He was playing too many snaps.  Denver plays him on 1st and 2nd downs, and, "shockingly", he's playing better.  He was better here too when he wasn't asked to play so many downs.  

The guy is one helluva teammate and person.....glad to see him doing well.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 12:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I salute you for being able to care about an individual matchup. I don't even care about the game, frankly.

Literally the only thing that interests me going forward is the off chance that Marv gets canned at the end of the season.

Everything else is moot point. This staff is like cancer that finally needs removed.

I'm right there with you. I am starting Phillip Lindsay and whoever Denver's TE is in a must win game in my fantasy league though.... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fred's right on this one, there were many, many people on here saying Peko was nothing but a pile jumper, who got no push, and was washed up.

There was no mention of any of that in the two posts he quoted.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Peko has been pretty solid in Denver. We've had a few games where the Broncos run D got ripped, but most of the damage has been done on the edge - usually a result of LBs (other than Miller) and safeties missing tackles or being out of position.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: There was no mention of any of that in the two posts he quoted.  

But you remember them don't you.

Smirk
Reply/Quote