Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Price vs. Peko
(11-28-2018, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you remember them don't you.

Smirk

What could that possibly have to do with anything?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:51 PM)jason Wrote: I'm right there with you. I am starting Phillip Lindsay and whoever Denver's TE is in a must win game in my fantasy league though.... So there's that.

Lindsey has been remarkable, especially for an undrafted rookie.

The TE position has been a mess. In training camp, Jeff Heuerman was at the top of the depth chart, followed by Jake Butt with Troy Fumagali and Matt LaCosse fighting for a roster spot. (all former Big-10 guys)

Fumagali went on IR just before the season started. Butt tore an ACL in September. Heuerman has been put on IR (for the third straight year of his three-year career) after suffering three broken ribs last week.

LaCosse did play reasonably well last week against Pittsburgh with 4 catches and a TD. He's now backed up by Brian Parker and Temarrick Hemingway (promoted from the practice squad).    
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:57 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Peko has been pretty solid in Denver. We've had a few games where the Broncos run D got ripped, but most of the damage has been done on the edge - usually a result of LBs (other than Miller) and safeties missing tackles or being out of position.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for sending Pig Pen and the Stoolers home losers. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:22 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Lindsey has been remarkable, especially for an undrafted rookie.

He has.....but he ruined my sleeper pick in fantasy, Royce Freeman. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for sending Pig Pen and the Stoolers home losers. :andy:

Lord knows the Bengals can't.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for sending Pig Pen and the Stoolers home losers. :andy:

Ha! It was our pleasure!  (21-11-1 vs. the Steelers since the merger.)  If we could only do that well against the damned Ravens... 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:34 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Ha! It was our pleasure!  (21-11-1 vs. the Steelers since the merger.)  If we could only do that well against the damned Ravens... 

We'll swap with you.  We typically do well against the Ravens, it's those damned Stoolers we can't seem to beat!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:34 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Ha! It was our pleasure!  (21-11-1 vs. the Steelers since the merger.)  If we could only do that well against the damned Ravens... 

And the Tebow playoff win will go down as one of Bengal fans' all time favorites as we don't have much of our own stuff to get all excited about.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And the Tebow playoff win will go down as one of Bengal fans' all time favorites as we don't have much of our own stuff to get all excited about.  

True that.....

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:22 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Lindsey has been remarkable, especially for an undrafted rookie.

The TE position has been a mess. In training camp, Jeff Heuerman was at the top of the depth chart, followed by Jake Butt with Troy Fumagali and Matt LaCosse fighting for a roster spot. (all former Big-10 guys)

Fumagali went on IR just before the season started. Butt tore an ACL in September. Heuerman has been put on IR (for the third straight year of his three-year career) after suffering three broken ribs last week.

LaCosse did play reasonably well last week against Pittsburgh with 4 catches and a TD. He's now backed up by Brian Parker and Temarrick Hemingway (promoted from the practice squad).    

I really like Phillip Lindsay... He's so small, but has a ton if heart. I liked him getting in multiple Steelers' faces last week.

We can't cover TEs worth a damn. LaCosse is gonna chew the Bengals defense up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Domata Peko took up at least one blocker which freed Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap to wreak havoc.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:34 PM)Bronco Fan Wrote: Ha! It was our pleasure!  (21-11-1 vs. the Steelers since the merger.)  If we could only do that well against the damned Ravens... 

You have mile high magic on your side. This year Cincinnati suffers from sea level suckiness.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ought to be a fun one to watch. I truly hope PBS gives Peko a warm welcome back from the fans. He's not one of the players who left for more money, he wanted to be here but didn't get resigned. I hope the stadium remains classy.....

(11-28-2018, 01:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like Peko. Solid player and everyone I know that met him (he hung around NKY a lot) said he was super friendly in person. Great guy.

(11-28-2018, 02:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Always have been a big Peko fan and he certainly got a bad rap around here while being a leader and solid player as well.

It was puzzling much like the Justin Smith hate.

All this.

Great complimentary DT to Atkins. Tough, durable and solid.

Don't know what you got till its gone!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Domata Peko took up at least one blocker which freed Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap to wreak havoc.

Yes!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:06 PM)jason Wrote: I really like Phillip Lindsay... He's so small, but has a ton if heart. I liked him getting in multiple Steelers' faces last week.

We can't cover TEs worth a damn. LaCosse is gonna chew the Bengals defense up.

Shannon Sharpe could come out of retirement for the Broncos and chew this defense up. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:43 PM)XsandOs Wrote: All this.

Great complimentary DT to Atkins. Tough, durable and solid.

Don't know what you got till its gone!

Some of us did. And others laughed when Mike Zimmer called him the best NT in the game...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Shannon Sharpe could come out of retirement for the Broncos and chew this defense up. 

Hell Sean "Smokes Like Chimney" Brewer could torch this defense
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ought to be a fun one to watch. I truly hope PBS gives Peko a warm welcome back from the fans. He's not one of the players who left for more money, he wanted to be here but didn't get resigned. I hope the stadium remains classy.....

Yeah, Peko is a great man and has played better for the Broncos than he did for us for some reason lol

Thought he fell off before he left than he went there and was making plays. Think the change revitalized him.

Should be a good test for Billy, he had a rough game against the Stains.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Shannon Sharpe could come out of retirement for the Broncos and chew this defense up. 

Shannon Sharpe has a face for radio, and a voice for newspaper. And he looks like a mule.

No relevance to your post, my NJ Bengal brother. Just don't understand what that guy is still around.....
Reply/Quote