Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prime Time 2022
(05-12-2022, 10:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I checked and the Texans have a Thursday night game so all teams must get at least one prime time game.

The Texans have to be the least-interesting/boring/unwatchable team in the league this year.

I believe they try and give every team 1 and the max for any 1 team is 5 (13 teams have 5 this year)

***Okay i was wrong the Lions did not get a prime time game for next season but they were the only one. and everyone is probly okay with it lol
Reply/Quote
Sunday night can go up to 7 with no more than 5 of one team I believe.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 08:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wk 4: MIA (TNF)
Wk 5: @ BAL (SNF)
Wk 8: @ CLE (MNF)
Wk 11: @ PIT (SNF)
Wk 17: BUF (MNF)

Damn, I get up too early  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 08:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 additional 4:25 kick offs. Won’t be as nearly as many 1pm kick offs as we’ve been used to the last few years.

I may need to cancel my Sunday NFL ticket then.  

Of course, if I do, I will kick myself in the rear at some point.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious to what posters think about the Tua v Burrow prime time match up? I have already seen online articles hyping it as a clash between two exceptional QBs that were high draft picks. I kind of found it odd because Tua hasn't had the same level of success as Burrow. I fully expect the Bengals to crush the Dolphins with Tua, at best, playing an average game. Maybe a TD, a pick, and 200 yards or so at best.

Burrow's talent exceeds Tua's talent. Right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm curious to what posters think about the Tua v Burrow prime time match up? I have already seen online articles hyping it as a clash between two exceptional QBs that were high draft picks. I kind of found it odd because Tua hasn't had the same level of success as Burrow. I fully expect the Bengals to crush the Dolphins with Tua, at best, playing an average game. Maybe a TD, a pick, and 200 yards or so at best.

LOL Tua might not even be their starter at that point
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm curious to what posters think about the Tua v Burrow prime time match up? I have already seen online articles hyping it as a clash between two exceptional QBs that were high draft picks. I kind of found it odd because Tua hasn't had the same level of success as Burrow. I fully expect the Bengals to crush the Dolphins with Tua, at best, playing an average game. Maybe a TD, a pick, and 200 yards or so at best.

You serious, Clark?

Reply/Quote

I think that Tua is an interesting QB. A lot of people dump on him, but he hasn't had the greatest supporting cast since arriving in Miami, had a coaching staff that didn't want him and has struggled with injuries. All of this, aside from maybe the injuries (who knows) have been remedied. The addition of Tyreek could be huge, especially for Waddle on the opposite side. 

I'd vote for Tua to be a surprise player at QB this season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 09:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ***Okay i was wrong the Lions did not get a prime time game for next season but they were the only one. and everyone is probly okay with it lol

The Lions have Thanksgiving, which one could argue is their prime time game.  

Very interesting schedule.  Should definitely have some extra motivation going on the road under the lights! 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think that Tua is an interesting QB. A lot of people dump on him, but he hasn't had the greatest supporting cast since arriving in Miami, had a coaching staff that didn't want him and has struggled with injuries. All of this, aside from maybe the injuries (who knows) have been remedied. The addition of Tyreek could be huge, especially for Waddle on the opposite side. 

I'd vote for Tua to be a surprise player at QB this season. 

He’s probably the 12th or 13th best QB in the AFC. Guys I’d put Tua ahead of?

Davis Mills
Zach Wilson
Trubisky/Pickett

That’s about it. They obviously added some nice pieces for him, but I’m not sure it will be enough to keep up in the arms race (no pun intended) that is the AFC.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You serious, Clark?

I just need some loving reassurances from peeps here at The Bengals Board. Hold me and tell me Burrow is indeed better.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s probably the 12th or 13th best QB in the AFC. Guys I’d put Tua ahead of?

Davis Mills
Zach Wilson
Trubisky/Pickett

That’s about it. They obviously added some nice pieces for him, but I’m not sure it will be enough to keep up in the arms race (no pun intended) that is the AFC.

I'm inclined to agree, but that is because the AFC is a murderer's row of QBs. 

Burrow
Watson
Herbert
Allen
Jackson
R. Wilson
Mahomes

I mean, that is just ABSURD. Then, you throw in guys like Carr and Tannehill who are strong QBs themselves. I'm not meaning to argue that Tua is a great QB. I just think that he has been dealt a tough hand to start off and his play reflects that. I think he has a chance to turn it around this season and shift the narrative. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm inclined to agree, but that is because the AFC is a murderer's row of QBs. 

Burrow
Watson
Herbert
Allen
Jackson
R. Wilson
Mahomes

I mean, that is just ABSURD. Then, you throw in guys like Carr and Tannehill who are strong QBs themselves. I'm not meaning to argue that Tua is a great QB. I just think that he has been dealt a tough hand to start off and his play reflects that. I think he has a chance to turn it around this season and shift the narrative. 

dont forget Matt Ryan also join the AFC
Reply/Quote
Just a bummer most of prime time games are in division... and away. NFL IMO screwed Cincy coming off a SB appearance.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s probably the 12th or 13th best QB in the AFC. Guys I’d put Tua ahead of?

Davis Mills
Zach Wilson
Trubisky/Pickett

You wouldn't put Tua ahead of Lawrence right now?

2021:
Lawrence (17 games) - 602 attempts, 59.6% completion, 3641 yards, 12 TDs, 17 INTs
Tagovailoa (13 games) - 388 attempts, 67.8% completion, 2653 yards, 16 INTs, 10 INTs

I know Lawrence didn't have the greatest weapons, but he had Marvin Jones (still a quality WR2), 2020 first rounder Shenault, DJ Chark (but only played 4 games), and James Robinson. That's still better than some teams have had.

I'll be interested to see both of these guys this year since both teams upgraded the offensive weapons and also got new HCs.
JAX - Kirk, Marvin Jones, Shenault, Engram, Robinson
MIA - Hill, Gesicki, Waddle, Cedric Wilson, Mostert/Edmonds
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 12:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You wouldn't put Tua ahead of Lawrence right now?

2021:
Lawrence (17 games) - 602 attempts, 59.6% completion, 3641 yards, 12 TDs, 17 INTs
Tagovailoa (13 games) - 388 attempts, 67.8% completion, 2653 yards, 16 INTs, 10 INTs

I know Lawrence didn't have the greatest weapons, but he had Marvin Jones (still a quality WR2), 2020 first rounder Shenault, DJ Chark (but only played 4 games), and James Robinson. That's still better than some teams have had.

I'll be interested to see both of these guys this year since both teams upgraded the offensive weapons and also got new HCs.
JAX - Kirk, Marvin Jones, Shenault, Engram, Robinson
MIA - Hill, Gesicki, Waddle, Cedric Wilson, Mostert/Edmonds

No. Lawrence is a far better QB. Sometimes you have to just throw out the numbers and actually watch them play. Plus, he had one of the most toxic coaching situations in recent memory.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:08 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: We will just have to humiliate the division in front of a national audience AND the home fans.

Yep, good thing Burrow plays his best under the bright lights. It is time to start owning the Browns now.

We just started with the other 2 in the Division last year, need to keep that up especially need to keep it up with the Stoolers.

I expect to split with the Ravens if they are healthy, we might lose that game in Primetime on Sunday Night.

They will be looking for revenge similar to us with the Browns when they beat us up pretty good last season the first time around.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 12:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. Lawrence is a far better QB. Sometimes you have to just throw out the numbers and actually watch them play. Plus, he had one of the most toxic coaching situations in recent memory.

We'll have to wait and see then.
I guess I think Tua can/will be better than you do, and I don't think Lawrence is that great right now.

Doesn't mean Lawrence won't become great, but I don't think he's there yet.

Also, I'm not going to sit there and watch a bunch of games of Tua and Lawrence to make some "expert" determination.
I don't have the time nor interest.
So maybe my opinion is off, but I'm not going to invest that much time to change my opinion.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We'll have to wait and see then.
I guess I think Tua can/will be better than you do, and I don't think Lawrence is that great right now.

Doesn't mean Lawrence won't become great, but I don't think he's there yet.

Also, I'm not going to sit there and watch a bunch of games of Tua and Lawrence to make some "expert" determination.
I don't have the time nor interest.
So maybe my opinion is off, but I'm not going to invest that much time to change my opinion.

I have to lean Nicomo's way on this. Lawrence was put in an even worse situation than Tua was and is far more talented.

Expect to see Lawrence to be the better QB when all is said and done if they put a good OL and some weapons around him.

Tua might be better this year with all the Phins put around him, he better be or there is no hope for him.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have to lean Nicomo's way on this. Lawrence was put in an even worse situation than Tua was and is far more talented.

Expect to see Lawrence to be the better QB when all is said and done if they put a good OL and some weapons around him.

Tua might be better this year with all the Phins put around him, he better be or there is no hope for him.

I didn't think we were talking about talent to be better. I thought we were talking about who was better right now.
I do think Lawrence will end up being the better QB down the road, but I wouldn't say he's better right now (although I haven't seen how much they've improved in the offseason yet).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote