Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prime Time 2022
(05-12-2022, 09:50 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: At first thought I balked at Miami being prime time, but that team is loaded with talent offensively outside of QB.

Tua has a lot of talent.  Mobile.  Great arm.  I just can't see him staying healthy.

I was really hoping we would get the Phins in late December or January.  Frigid weather could have been a big advantage for us.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have to lean Nicomo's way on this. Lawrence was put in an even worse situation than Tua was and is far more talented.

Expect to see Lawrence to be the better QB when all is said and done if they put a good OL and some weapons around him.

Tua might be better this year with all the Phins put around him, he better be or there is no hope for him.

the Dolphins did bring in bridgewater for a reason....  i expect he is the starter by years end

But who knows Tua and the Dolphins could trun around and have a Burrow and the bengals year...
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the Dolphins did bring in bridgewater for a reason....  i expect he is the starter by years end

But who knows  Tua and the Dolphins could trun around and have a Burrow and the bengals year...

We will see, I agree with your Teddy prediction myself from what I have seen of Tua as a pro.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tua has a lot of talent.  Mobile.  Great arm.  I just can't see him staying healthy.

I was really hoping we would get the Phins in late December or January.  Frigid weather could have been a big advantage for us.

?
Reply/Quote
Both of our "short-week" games (Thursday v. Miami, Saturday at Patriots) come after road games.

That is kind of tough.

I hat Thursday night games.  they kick off about 100 hours after the Sunday afternoon games end.  that is not enough time for teams to properly recover and prepare for another opponent.  The games are often low quality.  The travel time from a road game on the prior Sunday just cuts away more of those 100 hours.

Playing on a Saturday night really shouldn't make that much difference, but we will be playing on the road against the Pats after playing on the road at Tampa the prior Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't think we were talking about talent to be better. I thought we were talking about who was better right now.
I do think Lawrence will end up being the better QB down the road, but I wouldn't say he's better right now (although I haven't seen how much they've improved in the offseason yet).

The biggest difference in JAX will be Doug Pederson >>> Urban Meyer.

I have no idea what to expect out of Mike McDaniel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ?

Yes.  I don't know what all the scouts said, but I watched him a few times in college and he made all the throws.

Maybe not "great", but pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
I think we have a shot at being last unbeaten I may put 20 on it. AT Cowboys week 2 concerns me though.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  I don't know what all the scouts said, but I watched him a few times in college and he made all the throws.

Must have been the college ball or something, because his arm strength looks very suspect in the NFL. Just type Tua underthrows into Google…

He’s averaging a paltry 6.6 Y/A so far. And that was even with having Waddle last season. Obviously that’s not everything - Lawrence is actually even lower - but there’s no doubt at all that he actually has a canon.

Reply/Quote
Tua is good, but Lawrence is the better prospect. As someone else already noted Tua might even put up much better numbers because of the talent around him, but Lawrence is much more talented.

Biggest problem with Tua is that he is always injured. He had two ankle surgeries (minor) in college before he suffered the horrible hip injury that ended his last season. In the NFL he has missed games with broken ribs.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tua is good, but Lawrence is the better prospect.  As someone else already noted Tua might even put up much better numbers because of the talent around him, but Lawrence is much more talented.

Biggest problem with Tua is that he is always injured.  He had two ankle surgeries (minor) in college before he suffered the horrible hip injury that ended his last season.  In the NFL he has missed games with broken ribs.

Tiger
Its time to get away from college injuries now Fred because although he hasn't been a world beater the guy to this point has beat the odds. It wouldn't shock me won bit if he rolled into PBS undefeated and left with a loss.
Reply/Quote

I could see this one getting flexed.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:07 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Its time to get away from college injuries now Fred because although he hasn't been a world beater the guy to this point has beat the odds. It wouldn't shock me won bit if he rolled into PBS undefeated and left with a loss.

He is tough.  He suffered an ankle injury in the SEC Championship game one year, had surgery and started 4 weeks later in the playoff game.  Two weeks later he was MVP of the National Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:07 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

you think the dolphins are gonna beat the pats, ravens, and bills to roll in undefeated?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Both teams 13-0.

Think it would get much hype?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  I don't know what all the scouts said, but I watched him a few times in college and he made all the throws.

Yeah, at Bama he looked like he had a pretty good arm. Looks different in the NFL with the bigger ball though.

(05-13-2022, 02:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Must have been the college ball or something, because his arm strength looks very suspect in the NFL. Just type Tua underthrows into Google…

He’s averaging a paltry 6.6 Y/A so far. And that was even with having Waddle last season. Obviously that’s not everything - Lawrence is actually even lower - but there’s no doubt at all that he actually has a canon.

What Nicomo said. YPA doesn't tell all on arm strength cause it depends on how much time you have to throw and how 
deep the target is going and what YAC the targets have but Tua seems to have a weak arm when I watch him. Lots see
the same, not like Lawrence who like you say Nicomo has a great arm.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Uh, yeah. I think without a doubt this game gets flexed. I think Tom unretired cause he wanted to play against Joe or at least
it was a part of it. Just this vid got me pumped.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
why the Bengals have 3 division games on the road

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: why the Bengals have 3 division games on the road

Sure but it should be 3 at home regardless... but whatever.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 08:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m hopeful I won’t need Sunday Ticket but I can’t stand to miss one
Isn't there a local bar or restaurant with Sunday Ticket?
(05-13-2022, 01:23 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Really weird to me that all of our divisional road games are on prime time this year.

I'm trying to decide if it's because they hate us or because they know that those teams generally have bigger media markets so more people will tune in to watch them play a Super Bowl runner-up with a roster as good as ours, and not to mention Joey B.
Reply/Quote