Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince carted off
Isaiah Prince was carted off the practice field today. Looks to be a left arm or elbow...but for a lineman that could be season ending

Hill also injured on an earlier play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A veteran backup tackle who can also swing to guard without being a liability would be perfect to have right about now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: A veteran backup tackle who can also swing to guard without being a liability would be perfect to have right about now.

Some will be available soon...  But they might want some more bodies for practice reps
Reply/Quote
Trey Hill seems to be fine and has returned to practice

BJ Hill also dinged a bit but is also practicing again

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: A veteran backup tackle who can also swing to guard without being a liability would be perfect to have right about now.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle/available/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Well the good news is anyone we sign off the street is just as good as him. Wish I was exaggerating.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:48 PM)pally Wrote:

That list is ugly and I thought D'Ante Smith was geared up and practicing. I know he was in pads yesterday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:51 PM)Synric Wrote: That list is ugly and I thought D'Ante Smith was geared up and practicing. I know he was in pads yesterday.

Hes out there practicing today I think the tweet means recent injuries.  LC is practicing today as well. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:49 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Well the good news is anyone we sign off the street is just as good as him.  Wish I was exaggerating.

Lol you are exaggerating. There are certainly worse tackles just sitting around on the street than Prince. There are also still some decent guys left. A guy like Bobby Massie wouldn't be a bad pickup. 
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith is only 35.

I'm joking...mostly.

Reply/Quote
By far the best and worst month of the season. Love getting started... next thing you know you're holding on for dear life until Week 1. Nervous

Hope Isaiah gets better soon. We've been through a lot with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 04:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lol you are exaggerating. There are certainly worse tackles just sitting around on the street than Prince. There are also still some decent guys left. A guy like Bobby Massie wouldn't be a bad pickup. 

What has Prince done in his entire career to prove hes better than an average FA?  He was a 6th round pick and he had a 36 PFF grade in 250 post-season snaps last season.  Just because hes on our roster doesn't mean anything. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 05:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What has Prince done in his entire career to prove hes better than an average FA?  He was a 6th round pick and he had a 36 PFF grade in 250 post-season snaps last season.  Just because hes on our roster doesn't mean anything. 

You're moving the goalposts there. You said that anyone on the street was just as good or better than Prince. Of course, that isn't true and you know that. That is why it is an exaggeration. Prince isn't unquestionably the worst NFL tackle, there are guys that played last year who were worse than him and there are definitely guys just sitting on the street that are worse than him. 

I agree, Prince was bad, but it can definitely get worse. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 05:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What has Prince done in his entire career to prove hes better than an average FA?  He was a 6th round pick and he had a 36 PFF grade in 250 post-season snaps last season.  Just because hes on our roster doesn't mean anything. 

I'd say his experience playing in the Super Bowl- and the road there- is valuable. It's certainly unique. His nerves are battle-tested. Guys off the street may have more raw talent (even that's debatable) but they're adjusting to more noise, including the lights and the big stage. Prince and Adeniji have already done that at the highest level. They may take (and warrant) abuse for their PFF scores, but they've seen it all. Given they're not starters anymore, they're almost the ideal bench players: they can step in seamlessly at any time in a way that's quite rare in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
If the OL starters aren't playing this preseason game and Prince is to be out, it will be REAL interesting to see who takes his spot.
Maybe we see Adeniji outside (for this preseason game at least)?

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Prince's blocking ability, but I don't like seeing players get hurt (unless it's a Steeler Cool )

Bengals are hopefully considering now two new OL to pick up between now and the season start.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
After final roster cuts there will be some decent depth options out there, no need to sound the alarm people.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 05:30 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: After final roster cuts there will be some decent depth options out there, no need to sound the alarm people.

Other than just the general need for anyone new to have time to acclimate to new offense, team, and city.
The earlier a player can be brought in before the regular season, the better they can be ready by Week 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Folks banking on players getting released during cuts must understand something we've never experienced before:

We are 31st in Waiver Wire priority. We need to send out feelers to teams that are thinking of cutting and offer up a little something.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 05:30 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: After final roster cuts there will be some decent depth options out there, no need to sound the alarm people.

We are 31st on the waiver wire.  Not many decent depth options are going to fall all the way down

Reply/Quote