Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Bowl Bengals - who gets picked?
They announce the rest of the Pro Bowlers tonight and I wanted to see everyone’s predictions on which Bengals will get selected. I know it’s not truly the best who are picked but it’s still cool to see guys get chosen.
I also don’t even know how they pick them now with fan/player voting but it will be interesting to see.

Hendrickson - this is a no brainer
Chase - has fallen off lately but I think he gets in

Reader should get in but he’s not a stats guy

I think McPherson will get there eventually but not with Tucker still around.

Burrow could make it but I am thinking Mahomes, Allen and Herbert. Other guys like Carr had good years and I am probably forgetting someone.

Who did I forget? (Insert Drew Sample joke here)
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:05 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They announce the rest of the Pro Bowlers tonight and I wanted to see everyone’s predictions on which Bengals will get selected. I know it’s not truly the best who are picked but it’s still cool to see guys get chosen.
I also don’t even know how they pick them now with fan/player voting but it will be interesting to see.

Burrow could make it but I am thinking Mahomes, Allen and Herbert. Other guys like Carr had good years and I am probably forgetting someone.

Who did I forget?  (Insert Drew Sample joke here)

Chase was the leading vote getter for AFC WR at last count so he'll be there.

I think in terms of fan votes, we may see Burrow and Hendrickson....but that's probably it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
From recent talk around Eli Apples a shoo-in.

Yes that was sarcasm. Guys been pretty respectable after a rocky start but still has a lot of haters.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and Chase should no problem.

Burrow and Logan Wilson should as well but who knows.

Edit: And Mixon duh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they do it AFC/NFC I think Joe Burrow is a "shoe"-in.

He's go the 4th most passing yards (#1 in YPA), the highest passer rating, and the highest completion percentage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:05 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They announce the rest of the Pro Bowlers tonight and I wanted to see everyone’s predictions on which Bengals will get selected. I know it’s not truly the best who are picked but it’s still cool to see guys get chosen.

Who did I forget?  (Insert Drew Sample joke here)

I don't pay enough attention to Pro Bowl, but if they do 3-4 OLB separate from 4-3 DE, I think Hendrickson could be a starter across from Myles Garrett.
If not, I think it's Watt and Garrett as the starters with Hendrickson as backup.
I could also see Judon getting in over Hendrickson because of the popularity of the Patriots, but this won't matter if they separate 4-3 DE with 3-4 OLB.

I think Chase has to be in, as he's 2nd among AFC WRs in yards (behind just Tyreek Hill).
The only other receivers ahead of Chase in AFC are TEs Andrews and Kelce.
Chase is 1st among AFC WRs in TDs, one ahead of Hill.

Burrow, as you said, might not make it over Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen. With that said, I would argue Burrow would surpass at least Allen if he had anywhere near the number of attempts as those guys. He's at 435 (not a typo), Allen is at 528, Herbert 542, and Mahomes at 549.
That's basically an extra 2-3 games worth of passes that Burrow doesn't have.

Ogunjobi might get in as an alternate based on his sack numbers. He's tied with Cam Heyward at 7.0 sacks, behind just Jeffery Simmons at 7.5 sacks for IDL.
I know I've not been happy with Ogunjobi during November, but he's picked up his sack production in December, adding 3.5 in this month alone so far.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If they do it AFC/NFC I think Joe Burrow is a "shoe"-in.

He's go the 4th most passing yards (#1 in YPA), the highest passer rating, and the highest completion percentage.

This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

come at me bro!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

come at me bro!

Well I learned something new today.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

come at me bro!

OMG! Our shoo-ins are all corrupt!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Well I learned something new today.

I may or may not have made up that fact just to win this argument.
Reply/Quote

come at me bro!

I think you mean, "Don't at me, brah!"
Reply/Quote
hopefully they will all be busy
Reply/Quote
Chase, Mixon, Hendrickson, and Burrow are our players who deserve it, IMO. It think we could see Hendrickson and Burrow snubbed though…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
McPherson
Hendrickson
Chase
And maybe Burrow

Maybe a few more if they are alt selections due to declines.
Reply/Quote
Is there an AFC CB better than Awuzie?
Reply/Quote
In order of most confident will get in-

Chase
Hendrickson
Mixon
Burrow

Any other bengal is anyones guess at this point .
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hendrickson and Chase should no problem.

Burrow and Logan Wilson should as well but who knows.

Edit: And Mixon duh

I don't think Logan Wilson would make it.
He's got quite a handful of other LBs ahead of him in tackles.
About the only thing he's near the Top 3 in is INTs.
I doubt they'd select him just for that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Will be there: Hendrickson, Chase

Should be there but won't be: Burrow, Reader

Close but no cigar: Mixon, McPherson, Awuzie
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 04:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Will be there: Hendrickson, Chase

Should be there but won't be: Burrow, Reader

Close but no cigar: Mixon, McPherson, Awuzie

Yea I think Mixon is kind of on the fence.

Taylor gets in for sure for AFC. Henry probably as well, as he's at 937 yards and 10 TDs in just 8 games. People expect him back so he'll probably get selected.
I could see Chubb getting in over Mixon since he's only 77 yards behind Mixon but 72 less attempts.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I certainly hope none of them play in it. First off, because they are busy, secondly because "Eifert" and the fact the game is staged. I always knew it was a game where no one really tries, but I was not aware of it being staged until Charlie Weiss was talking about it the day before yesterday on NFL radio. He was talking about a certain QB, who may or may not be running the Broncos, and his last year. Elway didn't show up until Wed., then told Weiss, who was coaching the team, that he only wanted to make a quick appearance, but did not want to go 3 and out, and wanted to throw a touchdown. Weiss got with the other coach and they worked it out. Nothing but WWE stuff.
Reply/Quote