Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pro Bowl talent all across roster except for Oline and maybe Punter
(03-12-2022, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to be careful with that assumption.  NFL history is full of great postseason performances that never equated to regular season success.

You old enough to remember Bengal safety Dexter Jackson?

Yup I remember good ol' Dexter Jackson. Didn't he win the SB with the Bucs? 

Wonder what he's doing these days...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 14-2? Your premise is correct. A better OL and we definitely win several more games. Really if we can add a running game to this offense it’s going to be ridiculous to defend. Mixon is dynamic in the open field. Just being able to convert third and fourth downs with ease will do wonders. But teams are going to play a lot more dropping 8 against us. We have to respond with punishing them in the run game consequently

Excellent take.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 14-2? Your premise is correct. A better OL and we definitely win several more games. Really if we can add a running game to this offense it’s going to be ridiculous to defend. Mixon is dynamic in the open field. Just being able to convert third and fourth downs with ease will do wonders. But teams are going to play a lot more dropping 8 against us. We have to respond with punishing them in the run game consequently

Thanks and was counting playoffs and Super Bowl when saying 18-2 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not so sure I'd go as far as not even close ? But I do believe we'd have had 3 or 4 more wins including the Super Bowl with a decent Oline.

You can't have all all pro bowler team, it's just impossible. So you have to build around your strength, ours is Joe Burrow. Get him a real line and watch it unfold.

I'm not saying totally ignore the D. However you basically have to choose one or the other ( O od D ) it's hard to have both be top 10 units.

Get an Oline, a real Oline and things will change.

Agree completely but sticking to my prediction that we would have won every single game we lost by 3 points with better O-line. Now we may have lost the last game since the Browns had already had their way with us earlier. Think we would have won but will concede the Chargers, and Browns twice.

Yet not going to lie, believe the Chargers game may have flipped and the 2nd Browns game as well. Yet will still call those three losses and an 18-3 record. Did not count 2nd Browns game in earlier post but calling it a loss for the sake of argument. 

Also sticking with both sides of the ball can be fixed this year if O-line is fixed in FA. 

Just think defensive starters are easier to find at 31 and 63 than O-line players. It's been a long time since the Bengals drafted one this late that was a viable starter and would hate to depend on it in our short window of opportunity. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Definitely no "pro bowl" talent with the oline and Huber. Obviously oline needs upgrades, but Huber should be replaced as well much sooner than later. He had a good career, but he just isnt like he used to be. I also would add TE to this list as well. Uzo is good, but I dont see him as that good tho.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
As much as I'm looking to improve the team, I could be tempted into building on the momentum of last year too. They're not necessarily the same. I mean, improve the team by fortifying the OL- specifically by adding proven talent. It goes without saying.

But build on the momentum by adding some fun new pieces. Maybe Gronk at TE for example. Or Araiza at P. I don't think Uzomah or Huber held us back in any way whatsoever- in fact they were soldiers. Hats off to both those guys. But i'm not averse to having some fun headlines while we systematically rebuild our actual positions of weakness. This year it looks like the gardens of TE and P would be easiest way to feed that appetite.

At the same time, I don't expect changes there at all. Uzo will be re-upped imo and even if Huber goes, Chrisman's waiting in the wings. I doubt ZT and Co. have any plans of fixing what ain't broke. I'm just proposing it as a fan... I wouldn't mind.
Reply/Quote