Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Day Thread
(03-20-2019, 01:37 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-fresno-state  March 18,2019
"The Cincinnati Bengals had their assistant receivers coach on hand. He asked (KeeSean) Johnson to run specific routes used by the Bengals after position drills ended and took the wideout to dinner this evening."

Sick No outside speed and a lot of screens and comeback routes that inflated his numbers?  A very average athlete that couldn't likely play outside?  Maybe it sounds like a backup plan to Boyd?  A later round slot WR?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anarumo at UK pro day today. Josh Allen obviously the big name, which we probably wouldn't be able to get anyways, but Lonnie Johnson interests me as a day 3 CB.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to note our RB coach worked out Benny Snell. Big fan of Snell if the plan is to move on from Gio after this year Snell as the 1/2 with Mixon would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: Anarumo at UK pro day today. Josh Allen obviously the big name, which we probably wouldn't be able to get anyways, but Lonnie Johnson interests me as a day 3 CB.

He could be looking at that running back.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He could be looking at that running back.  

Turns out we had our RB coach there looking at Snell the HB. I'm guessing the DC was looking at someone on the other side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turns out we had our RB coach there looking at Snell the HB. I'm guessing the DC was looking at someone on the other side of the ball.

Snell is interesting back.  I wouldn't mind him in later rounds and I do think Bengals will cut Walton and grab someone in round 5-6 in terms of RB.  Hell, if Webb is there in round 4 I would be tempted even with Mixon.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Bengals met with LB Te'Von Coney at Notre Dame Pro Day and they had their new TE coach at San Diego State to look at TE Kahale Warring.

Edit: Bengals also met with LB Dru Tranquill.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bengals met with TE/FB Trevon Wesco at WVU pro day.

Edit: Bengals did meet with Devin White at LSU pro day. Could they be the team he hinted were willing to move up to take him?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 09:31 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals met with TE/FB Trevon Wesco at WVU pro day.

Edit: Bengals did meet with Devin White at LSU pro day. Could they be the team he hinted were willing to move up to take him?

How far up would they have to go and what would it cost?  And was this before or after he declared himself a god?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 11:40 AM)McC Wrote: How far up would they have to go and what would it cost?  And was this before or after he declared himself a god?

Depends on how far white is getting mocked to the Bucs at 5 so 4 or higher would require extra 1st round picks not worth it...and it was the same day so I couldn't tell you.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Depends on how far white is getting mocked to the Bucs at 5 so 4 or higher would require extra 1st round picks not worth it...and it was the same day so I couldn't tell you.

Wonder if teams will see that talk as no more than just bluster or if it will work against him.  You want players with confidence, of course, but not to the point of me first bad attitude.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: Wonder if teams will see that talk as no more than just bluster or if it will work against him.  You want players with confidence, of course, but not to the point of me first bad attitude.  

I think in a pre Antonio Brown world they would have, but now I wonder if teams will be leery of guys like that after seeing what kind of corner it can put them team in.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals take White now. There is a good chance the Lions take him and even if there at 11, the team will likely go with Ford, Bush, Haskins, Hochenson, or Wilkins/Oliver.

The one theme Taylor has demonstrated is team first people in the organization. But I will say, White has energy and is the Best backer on paper.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think the Bengals take White now.  There is a good chance the Lions take him and even if there at 11, the team will likely go with Ford, Bush, Haskins, Hochenson, or Wilkins/Oliver.  

The one theme Taylor has demonstrated is team first people in the organization.  But I will say, White has energy and is the Best backer on paper.

We interviewed him, I wonder if we will do a follow up. I trust that if they take him they have a better feel for his personality than one quote. They do a lot of work behind the scenes on first round guys. They go to the school talk to equipment managers, janitors, etc. They basically want to know what the guy was like his whole career when no one was watching not just when they became a star. I once heard a story of team scouts sitting in local bars on "party" nights just to see if guys showed up and to ask people at the bar how often they are there ( Think it was Manziel maybe). 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think the Bengals take White now.  There is a good chance the Lions take him and even if there at 11, the team will likely go with Ford, Bush, Haskins, Hochenson, or Wilkins/Oliver.  

The one theme Taylor has demonstrated is team first people in the organization.  But I will say, White has energy and is the Best backer on paper.

Man...IF White is gone at our pick, it gets interesting. I've seen White going as high as 5.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...IF White is gone at our pick, it gets interesting. I've seen White going as high as 5.

If White is gone, I will be on the edge of my seat.  I would be happy with Hochenson, Ford, Taylor (OT), Haskins, Oliver, Wilkins (my preference), or just trade down.  

If they do select a QB, these boards will go nuts.    Freakout
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Bengals met with Alabama State OT Tytus Howard.

Edit: They also met with Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals met with Alabama State OT Tytus Howard.

Edit: They also met with Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger.

I really think Howard will be in play for us in the 3rd. I would be cool with him being the RT of the future. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: I really think Howard will be in play for us in the 3rd. I would be cool with him being the RT of the future. 

He fits what Jim Turner said he wants in an offensive linemen.

I'm looking forward to seeing the blocking scheme this year. Last season there was alot of inside zone and gap blocking, but Zac Taylor keeps referring to Gary Kubiak's offense and Not Bill did coach under him in Denver.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: I really think Howard will be in play for us in the 3rd. I would be cool with him being the RT of the future. 

I'd even be happy with him in the 2nd, though many are saying that's too high (he is rising and is much higher than the 5th that Draftscout has been giving him all year).

If we reach a round for a guy that will solidify a position of weakness for 5+ years, I'm perfectly happy with that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote