Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Day Thread
Couple of day 3 prospects UCF OT Wyatt Miller to visit Bengals and they chatted with Jesse Aniebonam Maryland DE at his pro day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ed Oliver ran a 4.75....4.71 by one scouts time. Also ran a 4.19 short shuttle...insane.

Really though I wonder if it makes sense for him to be more of a Michael Bennett and play end and then kick inside on passing downs. Athletically he just tested better than Aaron Donald in pretty much every category. I have been anti Oliver but if we use him as an end that kicks inside as to not displace Geno and then have a passing down line of Lawson/Oliver/Atkins/Dunlap I think I can get behind that.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals met with Alabama State OT Tytus Howard.

Edit: They also met with Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger.

I like Tytus, Big Athletic Man.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ed Oliver ran a 4.75....4.71 by one scouts time. Also ran a 4.19 short shuttle...insane.

Really though I wonder if it makes sense for him to be more of a Michael Bennett and play end and then kick inside on passing downs. Athletically he just tested better than Aaron Donald in pretty much every category. I have been anti Oliver but if we use him as an end that kicks inside as to not displace Geno and then have a passing down line of Lawson/Oliver/Atkins/Dunlap I think I can get behind that.

I'd rush to the podium if Oliver was there at 11.  The guy is so strong and quick and actually gets away with arm tackles that no one makes.  He outruns linebackers in pursuit.  The guy is a total stud.  I never saw him pushed backwards and he was being double and triple teamed constantly.

The thought of him being in the middle with Geno on money downs makes me drool.

Pretty sure he won't be there.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 09:31 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals met with TE/FB Trevon Wesco at WVU pro day.

Edit: Bengals did meet with Devin White at LSU pro day. Could they be the team he hinted were willing to move up to take him?

I'm very intrigued by Wesco.  He is money in blitz pickups is a nasty inline blocker and apparently is awesome at blocking for the running back.   LOVE to have him in stripes protecting Dalton and paving the way for Mixon...
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ed Oliver ran a 4.75....4.71 by one scouts time. Also ran a 4.19 short shuttle...insane.

When Geno needs his rest you put him Oliver at the three Tech and you play them together on passing downs. That's how I would do it at least.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 02:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd rush to the podium if Oliver was there at 11.  The guy is so strong and quick and actually gets away with arm tackles that no one makes.  He outruns linebackers in pursuit.  The guy is a total stud.  I never saw him pushed backwards and he was being double and triple teamed constantly.

The thought of him being in the middle with Geno on money downs makes me drool.

Pretty sure he won't be there.

Oliver is who I wanted at 11 for a while now, was pretty confident he was gonna be there but his pro day makes that alot less likely now.
Reply/Quote

He has a quick first step, very disruptive.  Has he ever played DE at college?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Lots of my favorites did well, would love White (even with what he said), Oliver, Wilkins, Ford, Bush, Williams, or Gary at 11 now.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 05:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Oliver is who I wanted at 11 for a while now, was pretty confident he was gonna be there but his pro day makes that alot less likely now.

I don't get this; Everyone new he was going to destroy the workout. At this point I really don't think this will change what people think of him. Also he didn't get bigger and his pass rush numbers didn't improve today.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't get this; Everyone new he was going to destroy the workout. At this point I really don't think this will change what people think of him. Also he didn't get bigger and his pass rush numbers didn't improve today.

Not sure they knew that it would be that good. The guys short shuttle was better than some elite WR’s.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 08:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure they knew that it would be that good. The guys short shuttle was better than some elite WR’s.

[Image: D2xwadTU0AYNcUl.png]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 08:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure they knew that it would be that good. The guys short shuttle was better than some elite WR’s.

They said with his numbers, he could hypothetically play safety and be average Shocked
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

(03-29-2019, 08:47 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [Image: D2xwadTU0AYNcUl.png]

(03-29-2019, 08:48 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They said with his numbers, he could hypothetically play safety and be average Shocked

Crazy, and if there is one thing i put a lot of stock in it is the 3 cone drill where he had more great numbers for his size.

Crazy dexterity for his size with great feet.
Reply/Quote

Everyone said he was going to perform like Aaron Donald  pre workout.
J24

Reply/Quote
Bengals have a visit lined up with Louisiana Tech DE Jaylon Ferguson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
According to CinyJungle The Bengals sent their linebacker coach to Utah pro day to check out LB Cody Barton.

I like both Barton and Chase Hansen and they would be day 3 picks.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: According to CinyJungle The Bengals sent their linebacker coach to Utah pro day to check out LB Cody Barton.

I like both Barton and Chase Hansen and they would be day 3 picks.

These guys are underrated just like Sione Takitaki of BYU, i get to watch a lot of Utah and BYU games.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a visit scheduled with WR/KR Trenton Irwin from Standford.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 12:47 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have a visit lined up with Louisiana Tech DE Jaylon Ferguson.

He is a sack producer yet seen as an average athlete.  Some think he projects as a better run defender. Kind of an enigma to me. Would we consider him in round two?  If we were to trade down in two, like we did with Bates, I'd consider him.  Tough guy to grade.
Reply/Quote