Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Debut for Jonah Williams
Tomorrow will be a big day for the Bengals’ first round draft choice from 2019. From what I’ve heard, Jonah is healthy, ready to go, and better than advertised. In training camp Sam Hubbard couldn’t get around him — and that’s saying something.

This means Jonah will be lined up primarily against the Chargers’ defensive end Melvin Ingram III who is an excellent player. (This means Bobby Hart gets Joey Bosa. Horrors!). Because of the Hart/Bosa issue most run plays may have to be through the left side B-gap and Joe Burrow will likely move left in the pocket instead of right on pass plays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hart vs. Bosa? Holy Shit!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tomorrow will be a big day for the Bengals’ first round draft choice from 2019.  From what I’ve heard, Jonah is healthy, ready to go, and better than advertised.  In training camp Sam Hubbard couldn’t get around him — and that’s saying something.  

This means Jonah will be lined up primarily against the Chargers’ defensive end Melvin Ingram III who is an excellent player.  (This means Bobby Hart gets Joey Bosa.  Horrors!). Because of the Hart/Bosa issue most run plays may have to be through the left side B-gap and Joe Burrow will likely move left in the pocket instead of right on pass plays.

At least Burrow will see it coming from Hart's side lol

Jonah has looked great in TC but that Ingram is a freak, but so is Hubbard, great test.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hart vs. Bosa? Holy Shit!

He will need help to say the least. Have Sample or Uzo chipping Bosa all day...
Reply/Quote
I heard that Ingram and Bosa switch sides at times. Either way they both are good/great players and unfortunately Booby Fart is not.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:00 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I heard that Ingram and Bosa switch sides at times. Either way they both are good/great players and unfortunately Booby Fart is not.

They do switch, but Bosa primarily lines up on the RT.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:37 PM)jason Wrote: They do switch, but Bosa primarily lines up on the RT.

I hope they have a plan for this? OMG, Bobby Freaken Hart! I would rather have Bob Newhart out there.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope they have a plan for this? OMG, Bobby Freaken Hart! I would rather have Bob Newhart out there.

...as Professor Proton. That would be a positive development.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...as Professor Proton.  That would be a positive development.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I fell better about Hart than coming into last year.. He actually did improve.. he had the 8th most snaps at Tackle last year and he was ranked 18th with 6 sacks allowed and reduced his penalties to 7. Hopefully he continues to improve this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I fell better about Hart than coming into last year.. He actually did improve..  he had the 8th most snaps at Tackle last year and he was ranked 18th with 6 sacks allowed and reduced his penalties to 7.  Hopefully he continues to improve this year.

He's gonna have to be better than that tomorrow against Bosa. Would hate to lose Burrow first game of season because of, well, Bobby Freaken Hart!

Reply/Quote
TE's gonna have to do some blocking tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's gonna have to be better than that tomorrow against Bosa. Would hate to lose Burrow first game of season because of, well, Bobby Freaken Hart!

I feel like you're holding back on your feelings.  You really shouldn't bottle them up like that, it's not healthy.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hart vs. Bosa? Holy Shit!

Relax.... this is why we drafted Sample. He's going to have a huge day tomorrow blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 08:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: I feel like you're holding back on your feelings.  You really shouldn't bottle them up like that, it's not healthy.

[Image: vpOAlq.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Relax.... this is why we drafted Sample. He's going to have a huge day tomorrow blocking.

Nice. Forgot about Sample. He better be there and take Bosa out. I mean, OUT!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He will need help to say the least. Have Sample or Uzo chipping Bosa all day...

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 04:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope they have a plan for this? OMG, Bobby Freaken Hart! I would rather have Bob Newhart out there.

Larry,  Daryl and his other brother Daryl.....
Reply/Quote
He's gonna be fine......I hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He will need help to say the least. Have Sample or Uzo chipping Bosa all day...

Oh yeah Sample, how has he been?
Reply/Quote