Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-gun rocker Ted Nugent bans guns from Virginia concert
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pro-gun-rocker-ted-nugent-bans-guns-from-virginia-concert

Quote:Pro-gun rights rock legend Ted Nugent’s fans were told last minute before his Tuesday night show in Virginia that they would not be permitted to bring their guns inside the Berglund Performing Arts Theater.

Nugent’s management team made the decision not to allow guns into the show following protests in the weeks leading up to his performance, according to a local NBC affiliate.

The theater where he performed is owned by the city of Roanoke, and is not able to keep out guns unless the performers request it.

[/url][url=https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pro-gun-rocker-ted-nugent-bans-guns-from-virginia-concert]
"It happened about five minutes before we opened doors, we had a security meeting before we opened doors and the subject came up and we said, 'Yes people will be bringing firearms,'" Berglund Center General Manager Robyn Schon said.

"’Uh, no, our agreement says no,’” Schon said Nugent’s management team responded when they found out guns would be permitted.

The audience was informed of the decision by security as people were already in line for the concert. Concert-goers were patted down, and any gun found was kept out of the theater.

Schon indicated that Nugent’s security team was taking extra precautions after the terrorist attack at Pulse nightclub, the bombing at a Manchester stadium during an Ariana Grande concert, and the mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in Las Vegas.

Local police did not indicate to NBC if there were any specific threats to the event, but did add there was a lot of attention surrounding it and wanted to be prepared.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Ted denies this.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/18/ted-nugent-denies-banning-guns-roanoke-concert/

Quote:“Dear God in heaven & damn the fakenews lying bastards!” the 69-year-old guitarist wrote on Facebook. “I gave the direct order tonight that guns were absolutely welcome to my concert. The media cannot be trusted. They are consumed with hate and dishonesty.”
(07-19-2018, 02:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ted denies this.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/18/ted-nugent-denies-banning-guns-roanoke-concert/

Whew.

So he just misspoke.  

Glad he cleared that up a couple days AFTER.

No wonder he likes Trump.
(07-19-2018, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whew.

So he just misspoke.  

He denies getting BJs from 12 year olds and adopting a 17 year-old just so he could bang her, too.  Can't really deny writing a song about gang raping a 13 year-old, though.  It's kind of out there for everyone to hear.  
(07-19-2018, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whew.

So he just misspoke.  

He didn't misspeak. Do you even know the definitions of the words you're using anymore? 
(07-19-2018, 03:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He didn't misspeak. Do you even know the definitions of the words you're using anymore? 

Oh!  So he was crystal clear and his management went explicitly against the wishes in his agreement?

Sad to hear he fired all of them!

Right?

Cool

Next time he should ask everyone to hold their guns up as proof they were allowed to bring them in!   Smirk
(07-19-2018, 03:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Can't really deny writing a song about gang raping a 13 year-old, though.  It's kind of out there for everyone to hear.  

Which song?
(07-19-2018, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pro-gun-rocker-ted-nugent-bans-guns-from-virginia-concert

Smirk

gotta stop believing everything you see on the internet dude...
(07-19-2018, 03:16 PM)samhain Wrote: He denies getting BJs from 12 year olds and adopting a 17 year-old just so he could bang her, too.  Can't really deny writing a song about gang raping a 13 year-old, though.  It's kind of out there for everyone to hear.  

(07-19-2018, 04:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Which song?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/can-we-talk-about-ted-nugents-predilection-for-teenaged-girls-yet/

Quote:Detroit rock icon Ted Nugent has a few things in common with Roy Moore.

They both have a fondness for cowboy hats, they both have a thing for guns and they both have cozy relationships with evangelical politicians.

They also appear to have shared a predilection for teenage girls during the 70s.

In 1978, the year before Moore had allegedly gone after 14-year-old Leigh Corfman, Nugent was pursuing a teenage girl himself: Pele Massa, a 17-year old from Hawaii.

Due to their age difference, the then 30-year-old Nugent was unable to marry her, so in a bizarre workaround, the musician was able to convince her parents to declare him her legal guardian, an arrangement that the two have openly acknowledged.

Now, this isn’t a big secret.

It’s been heavily documented by VH1, and a 2000 issue of SPINmagazine listed it in their 100 sleaziest moments in rock history, where despite the Woody Allen overtones, it only charted at #63.

While Moore has been evasive on whether or not he was into teenage girls in his thirties, Nugent has been much more brazen.

Like, really brazen.

In his 1981 single Jail Bait, Nugent sings that he doesn’t really see “age of consent” laws as that big of an issue:

Quote:Well, I don’t care if you’re just thirteen
You look too good to be true I just know that you’re probably clean
There’s one little thing I got do to you”

The lyrics go on to state: “It’s all right baby, it’s quite all right I asked your Mama.”

The song ends with a light-hearted nod to a statutory rape arrest, so it could maybe be dismissed today as a joke or cautionary tale, if not for the fact that this was both a frequent subject in Nugget’s other songs and his own statements at the time.

It’s also been the subject of at least one disturbing rumor.

In 2004, Hole front-woman Courtney Love claimed on The Howard Stern Show that she had given Nugent oral sex when she was 12 years old, something that Nugent apparently declined to comment on at the time.

He eventually denied all of it in the last year or so.
(07-19-2018, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gotta stop believing everything you see on the internet dude...

Mellow

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/roanoke/pro-gun-rocker-ted-nugent-turns-away-firearms-from-his-roanoke-show

video at the link
(07-19-2018, 04:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  So he was crystal clear and his management went explicitly against the wishes in his agreement?

How the hell would I know? All I know is he denies banning the guns. He could be lying. He could be telling the truth. He could be the victim of some elobrate conspiracy. He could see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. All I know is that there was a claim he banned guns and that he denies doing so. At no point in time has anything been posted that allows one to be able to accuse him of misspeaking or claiming that he misspoke.
Why would you need a gun to go to a live concert ?????

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(07-19-2018, 04:39 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why would you need a gun to go to a live concert ?????

Because America.
(07-19-2018, 04:39 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why would you need a gun to go to a live concert ?????

People who have a license to carry, or live in a state in which such a license is unnecessary, can carry a firearm into any venue that does not prohibit it.  As for the "need" part, that's entirely subjective.  The "for" argument would be along the lines of you don't get to pick and choose when you'll be the victim of a crime.  

I guy from France, of all people, is asking this question?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-19-2018, 04:39 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why would you need a gun to go to a live concert ?????

To shoot Ted Nugent, and end all of our misery.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-20-2018, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: People who have a license to carry, or live in a state in which such a license is unnecessary, can carry a firearm into any venue that does not prohibit it.  As for the "need" part, that's entirely subjective.  The "for" argument would be along the lines of you don't get to pick and choose when you'll be the victim of a crime.  

I think you have more chances to be victime of a crime if you fear to be. 

IMHO.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(07-19-2018, 04:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Which song?

Sorry, locked out of the board for some reason.  The song is called Jailbait.  
(07-19-2018, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.mediaite.com/online/can-we-talk-about-ted-nugents-predilection-for-teenaged-girls-yet/

He eventually denied all of it in the last year or so.

To be fair, Jimmy Page basically abducted a 14 year-old back in the day, too.  It wasn't a totally uncommon practice for rock stars in the 70's.  Doesn't make it any more acceptable.
(07-19-2018, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How the hell would I know? All I know is he denies banning the guns. He could be lying. He could be telling the truth. He could be the victim of some elobrate conspiracy. He could see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. All I know is that there was a claim he banned guns and that he denies doing so. At no point in time has anything been posted that allows one to be able to accuse him of misspeaking or claiming that he misspoke.

So I post a news story, where people are quoted explaining that the guns WERE banned and why.  

And Teddy spews "fakenews!!!" and you post it and then say you don't even know if he's telling the truth when I suggest he must have fired everyone who went against he very strong wishes.