Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-life politician urges a woman he had an affair with to get an abortion
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

An affair and urging an abortion. Why am I not surprised in the least? This from from the party that claims to be the "family values" party. Even has the same feel as the always classic anti-gay public stance, and actively gay in secret, conservative politician. 
(10-04-2017, 09:31 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

An affair and urging an abortion. Why am I not surprised in the least? This from from the party that claims to be the "family values" party. Even has the same feel as the always classic anti-gay public stance, and actively gay in secret, conservative politician. 

Yep PA Republican.  Latest word is he plans to "retire".

What an idiot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I can see it. i'm pro-life, but if I got a girl pregnant in high school I could see myself going that route. We sometimes do things we know are wrong. That's why I don't chastise people who get abortions here or anywhere else.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2017, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep PA Republican.  Latest word is he plans to "retire".

What an idiot.

And as tax payers, we'll pay to support his retirement.  maybe even pay for his abortion. 

hyp·o·crite

ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun
noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites
  1. a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
    synonyms:
    pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More
    informalphony, fraud, sham, fake

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-05-2017, 09:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: And as tax payers, we'll pay to support his retirement.  maybe even pay for his abortion. 

hyp·o·crite

ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun
    synonyms:
    pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More

Tax payers already pay for abortions. Which is disgusting.

As for this guy..... he has to answer for his own decisions
(10-04-2017, 09:31 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

Except Obama was a liberal democrat.
(10-05-2017, 09:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: And as tax payers, we'll pay to support his retirement.  maybe even pay for his abortion. 

hyp·o·crite

ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun

synonyms:

Lol...when a liberal democrat engages in hypocrisy no liberal bats an eye, but if its a Republican, liberals lose their minds to the point of this insatiable desire to post the definition of the word.

That's because Republicans are held to a higher standard, whereas it has become an accepted norm that in general democrat politicians are scumbags.

[Image: Moral_Standardshighjump.jpg]
(10-05-2017, 10:34 AM)Vlad Wrote: Lol...when a liberal democrat engages in hypocrisy no liberal bats an eye, but if its a Republican, liberals lose their minds to the point of this insatiable desire to post the definition of the word.

That's because Republicans are held to a higher standard, whereas it has become an accepted norm that in general democrat politicians are scumbags.

#fakenews

The GOP does it to themselves.  If Murphy didn't want to run on a pro-life platform he didn't have to.  If he ISN'T opposed to abortion sin certain situations he could have made that clear and ran on his own words.

Instead they try to snowball the voters and then get caught.

At least be honest about it.
(10-05-2017, 09:55 AM)Vlad Wrote: Except Obama was a liberal democrat.

Wow, the progressive agenda is really succeeding in full-force since we elected a gay black president in Obama and a man who clearly thinks the holy sacrament of marriage is a joke in Trump. Toss in the fact that we put a trans male to female in as the First Lady and it's clear conservatives are losing ground fast. It's a new world.

Insane level of hypocrisy.  Like legislating against private gun ownership while you have armed security seeing to your safety.
(10-05-2017, 11:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Insane level of hypocrisy.  Like legislating against private gun ownership while you have armed security seeing to your safety.

True, no matter how much you claim to hate guns and abortion you have to admit that they can both come in pretty handy when the chips are down.
(10-05-2017, 10:34 AM)Vlad Wrote: Lol...when a liberal democrat engages in hypocrisy no liberal bats an eye, but if its a Republican, liberals lose their minds to the point of this insatiable desire to post the definition of the word.

Not even getting into the whole pro-life being the higher moral standard debate, but it's undeniably true that it's this republican himself that laid the bar where it is. It wasn't liberals that did so. He could be pro-choice or indifferent and no one would have said a thing about that incident.

But as soon as you demand a certain morality or what you consider to be a certain morality, it's the most natural thing that you yourself get measured by the own standards you put forth. This is not a bit about someone else holding them to a high standard, it's completely about this guy holding himself (and others) to a high standard and then spectacularly failing to meet said own standard.

Spinning that around is ridiculous.
(10-05-2017, 12:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not even getting into the whole pro-life being the higher moral standard debate, but it's undeniably true that it's this republican himself that laid the bar where it is. It wasn't liberals that did so. He could be pro-choice or indifferent and no one would have said a thing about that incident.

But as soon as you demand a certain morality or what you consider to be a certain morality, it's the most natural thing that you yourself get measured by the own standards you put forth. This is not a bit about someone else holding them to a high standard, it's completely about this guy holding himself (and others) to a high standard and then spectacularly failing to meet said own standard.

Spinning that around is ridiculous.

Right, but we all do things we know are wrong.  I drank and drove a lot when I was younger, and yet I thought drinking and driving should be illegal.  Hypocrite?  I guess, but is that what comes to mind when we hear someone has been arrested for it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-05-2017, 12:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Right, but we all do things we know are wrong.  I drank and drove a lot when I was younger, and yet I thought drinking and driving should be illegal.  Hypocrite?  I guess, but is that what comes to mind when we hear someone has been arrested for it?

You're right on that one. As public figure and policy maker, things are always a bit different though. I don't hope my politicians are just like me, I hope they are better than me. It's in their job description.

I wouldn't even advocate to crucify that guy for that. Defending him and seeing the real problem on the other side, however, takes it a bit too far for me.
(10-05-2017, 12:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: You're right on that one. As public figure and policy maker, things are always a bit different though. I don't hope my politicians are just like me, I hope they are better than me. It's in their job description.

I wouldn't even advocate to crucify that guy for that. Defending him and seeing the real problem on the other side, however, takes it a bit too far for me.

Like I said, I don't take individuals who have gotten abortions to task because there's no way I can say I wouldn't do the same thing under certain situations, so I'm not so much defending him as sticking to that.

(10-05-2017, 02:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said, I don't take individuals who have gotten abortions to task because there's no way I can say I wouldn't do the same thing under certain situations, so I'm not so much defending him as sticking to that.

And that kind of stance would go a lot further than the one Murphy ran on and "stood by" publically.
(10-05-2017, 02:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said, I don't take individuals who have gotten abortions to task because there's no way I can say I wouldn't do the same thing under certain situations, so I'm not so much defending him as sticking to that.

(10-05-2017, 03:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: And that kind of stance would go a lot further than the one Murphy ran on and "stood by" publically.

That's the exact response I had in mind as well. (I only would have needed more words for the same thing.)
Nothing new here. A typical right wing conservative turd following the right wing hypocritical creed : Do as I say, not as I do.
What a F'n fraud.
(10-05-2017, 11:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Insane level of hypocrisy.  Like legislating against private gun ownership while you have armed security seeing to your safety.

So relying on armed professionals for security rather than privately carrying a firearm is hypocritical when saying private gun ownership isn't necessary? I get what you're saying here, but I've always had a hard time with this parallel since the official would be relying on licensed professionals for security.

I guess you could say that having the security is evidence of a dangerous world we live in, but if they are legitimately at a heightened risk of being a target, then that makes their situation different than the average citizen, who could arguably rely on law enforcement.

I'm going down a rabbit hole, here. Never mind me.

Oh, hey, we can now attribute the actions of an individual to the group again? Sweet! Time to start banning some Muslims! ThumbsUp