Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Probably at least one coaching change coming
This has to be Jim Turner, no?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That’d be my guess. Should have kept the last line coach around, he seemed good. It’ll be interesting to see who they bring in.
Reply/Quote
My guess is quarterbacks coach Dan Pitcher is replaced by a veteran QB with a better resume.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
It better be several. But if it can only be one, Turner is the obvious choice. If they keep Turner on staff for next year, then I’ll have no hope for this front office going forward. This is the most obvious fire in years.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:11 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: My guess is quarterbacks coach Dan Pitcher is replaced by a veteran QB with a better resume.

Man, if a weak resume was grounds for dismissal we’d have to replace 99% of the staff...

Reply/Quote
In a hypothetical scenario where a new regime came in, I'd advise them to keep:  Bicknell, Simmons, Tobin(IF and only IF he took a job as some sort of scouting coordinator).  Everyone else would be purged.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has to be Jim Turner, no?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I sure hope so...if culture is so important, get rid of this first class ass.  And he hasn't shown to be a good coach on the most important criteria
: pass blocking.

I would give Anarumo one more year, mainly because I think he has done the most with the least (aside from the one game job with Finley) and any D-coordinator you get right now will be looking at a situation where ZT clearly has one more year as HC unless things change.  That is hardly a stable job because the next coach would want his own staff and you also don't want someone to sabotage the HC so they get the job a la Bruce Coslet.  

If ZT gets one more year, so does Anarumo.  
Reply/Quote
Turner needs shit canned.
Reply/Quote
turner is the easy choice here if there was only one to go. No other choice should be considered.
Reply/Quote
Anarumo bought himself a third year after the last few weeks.

Turner 100% needs to go.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:24 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Anarumo bought himself a third year after the last few weeks.

Turner 100% needs to go.

This. The defense has actually been coming together, and they played lights out Monday. They're not the most talented bunch up front, but the effort has been there. They need to keep these guys together too. One thing that folks didn't consider, you had a lot of new pieces added this off-season with no OTAs. Reader, Mac, Wayne's, Bynes, Wilson, Davis-Gaither, Daniels, etc....then came all of the replacements on top of that. The main issue was an inability to close out. No huge turnover on that side of the ball on the back end, coupled with some talent infusion up front could wind up being a good unit. Lou also needs to take note from Monday....let these guys play aggressive and fast. If you get burnt, you get burnt. Let them attack for the most part.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 03:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has to be Jim Turner, no?

A token firing to try and calm the restless natives. ZT and the clowns he brought with him all deserve a pink slip. It's odd that the two hold overs from Marvin's staff have done the best work the last two years.

Reply/Quote
Nick Eason
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nick Eason

His unit has certainly sucked, but I don’t think that would appease fans as much as Turner.

Reply/Quote
I'd have thought it incredibly rare for there to be no changes on a coaching staff and it therefore seems an odd thing to report. I wonder if this refers to an additional hire rather than a departure? Or is someone leaving for a college job?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His unit has certainly sucked, but I don’t think that would appease fans as much as Turner.

Agreed but you cant coach talent....which is what this unit grossly lacks aside  from Lawson and Reader.  Imagine how much more effective Lawson might be with a legit force on the other side?
I see Akins leaving or on IR most of next yr. Need an infusion of edge and DT talent/leadership in offseason in a bad way.   I actually see this as priority #1.
I like what Covington and Hunt have brought and I think they may be good to keep as depth.....other then that Im open to a complete overhaul
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:48 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: I'd have thought it incredibly rare for there to be no changes on a coaching staff and it therefore seems an odd thing to report. I wonder if this refers to an additional hire rather than a departure? Or is someone leaving for a college job?

Can’t imagine anyone on this staff being a hot commodity.

Reply/Quote
Someone has to pay for the Burrow injury. If it's not Zac himself, then it's Turner. Crap teacher of pass blocking technique, crap human being. Should have been replaced with Bill Callahan last spring.

Turner can't be the guy that's tasked with coaching the unit that protects the franchise, and that's as proven as proven gets. I'd take Paul freaking Alexander back before I'd let Turner stick around.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed but you cant coach talent....which is what this unit grossly lacks aside  from Lawson and Reader.  Imagine how much more effective Lawson might be with a legit force on the other side?
I see Akins leaving or on IR most of next yr. Need an infusion of edge and DT talent/leadership in offseason in a bad way.   I actually see this as priority #1.
I like what Covington and Hunt have brought and I think they may be good to keep as depth.....other then that Im open to a complete overhaul

Daniels is the type of player I think they should bring back on a short term deal whilst drafting a long term replacement in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 11:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: This. The defense has actually been coming together, and they played lights out Monday. They're not the most talented bunch up front, but the effort has been there. They need to keep these guys together too. One thing that folks didn't consider, you had a lot of new pieces added this off-season with no OTAs. Reader, Mac, Wayne's, Bynes, Wilson, Davis-Gaither, Daniels, etc....then came all of the replacements on top of that. The main issue was an inability to close out. No huge turnover on that side of the ball on the back end, coupled with some talent infusion up front could wind up being a good unit. Lou also needs to take note from Monday....let these guys play aggressive and fast. If you get burnt, you get burnt. Let them attack for the most part.

Yeah, hopefully the Indy game and the 2nd Browns game taught him something.  Trying to run and hide with leads is never a good idea.  They have at least seems to stop playing scared, but then again, they haven't had that many leads since.
Reply/Quote