Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Probably at least one coaching change coming
(12-31-2020, 12:05 AM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Not sure the family makes moves to appease the fanbase. 

The fan base has played a role in some recent moves.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:20 AM)samhain Wrote: The line looks okay now because of the run game.  Does anyone think that when Burrow returns, they will learn their lesson and run the ball more? I just don't see it.  Whoever is coaching or playing on the line had better be able to gear things toward an extremely pass-heavy offense.  When that time comes, does anyone expect Jim Turner to be able to coach these guys up to be better pass blockers than they were this season?  I don't think he's capable.  He's here because of his connections, nothing more.  

When Joe comes back, they need to commit to running the ball effectively. But still, Turner and Taylor need to go....
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: I really hope Turner goes.

Who exactly has he coached up? The main reason our OL got better was Spain dropped out of the sky and XSF came back from injury. What do they have in common? Vets who were already coached up by other teams. Fred Johnson likewise was coached up outside the club and except for Adeniji the current group predate Turner.

Under Turner Michael Jordan has actually gotten worse over time. Calhoun was so bad he only lasted a few snaps. ALL of our linemen need training in proper technique badly.

This is not about Turner's off field stuff - he sucks as a line coach period.

How come Johnson (UDFA, signed by Bengals after being waived week 6 of his rookie year and been on the Bengals roster for a season and a half) was coached up outside of the organization but Calhoun (UDFA, signed by Bengals after being waived opening week of his second season and was on the roster for less than a month) was the fault of the Bengals' coaching staff? 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 04:37 AM)SladeX Wrote: When Joe comes back, they need to commit to running the ball effectively. But still, Turner and Taylor need to go....

Not that I disagree that they need to commit and stick to the run game, but if they could do this, then they could have won more with Dalton. They drafted Burrow to be Burrow, not to hand the ball off. But yes, they need to stick to a more balanced offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, if a weak resume was grounds for dismissal we’d have to replace 99% of the staff...

Which would be the way to go...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 12:11 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: How come Johnson (UDFA, signed by Bengals after being waived week 6 of his rookie year and been on the Bengals roster for a season and a half) was coached up outside of the organization but Calhoun (UDFA, signed by Bengals after being waived opening week of his second season and was on the roster for less than a month) was the fault of the Bengals' coaching staff? 

Is Fred Johnson really "coached up?"
To me, being "coached up" is turning a later round pick or castoff into a quality starter.

Is Fred Johnson a quality starter or someone you would even want to give a starting job to?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote