Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profession by Political Affiliation
(04-04-2016, 12:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bump keys only work under certain situations. 

Wink

Ok.
I also have a big ass that can hip-check a steel door, out of a steel frame.
But more seriously though.... I do appreciate you guys when I need an ignition switch repaired on a classic car. I've saved good money having locksmiths redo the springs & pins.
(04-03-2016, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I don't want to seem like I am attacking this entire study.  Overall it is very informative.  But I do see a few interesting results.

For example it shows that taxi drivers are a lot more liberal than truck drivers.  I think this has more to do with the fact that all taxi drivers are from big cities, and large cities in general are more liberal than rural areas.

Very interesting to note that under "Religion" it lists 64% democrat.  That just doesn't seem right from my personal experience.  Anyone have a theory on that result?

This study also shows that "engineering" is dominated by Democrats when most other studies I have seen show that engineers are more likely to be conservatives.

A lot of Catholics are Democrats, and it's the biggest church in the country so that may be some of the reason.  Also black people are very religious, and they are 90% Democrat.  Latinos are very religious and they are majority Democrat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-04-2016, 09:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A lot of Catholics are Democrats, and it's the biggest church in the country so that may be some of the reason.  Also black people are very religious, and they are 90% Democrat.  Latinos are very religious and they are majority Democrat.

I recall hearing Jim Bakker (religious nut and felon) praising Jimmy Carter and saying "Most people don't even think a Democrat can go to heaven!"  Classic!
(04-04-2016, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall hearing Jim Bakker (religious nut and felon) praising Jimmy Carter and saying "Most people don't even think a Democrat can go to heaven!"  Classic!

I think some can.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-04-2016, 02:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think some can.

I think that was a way for ol' Jim to assure his audience that Heaven wasn't going to be overrun my minorities who believed in Jesus.
(04-04-2016, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think that was a way for ol' Jim to assure his audience that Heaven wasn't going to be overrun my minorities who believed in Jesus.

I'm sure Jim thought that since Heaven is perfect, all those minorities would become whites upon entering.  They ain't called the Pearly Gates for nothing.

(04-04-2016, 05:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm sure Jim thought that since Heaven is perfect, all those minorities would become whites upon entering.  They ain't called the Pearly Gates for nothing.

Well, Jesus apparently turned white so I can see why they'd all think that!
Not to derail the thread any further than it already is with the religion bashing but did you know that there are many people of different Christian denominations that believe when you die and go to Heaven, you will not be in your Heavenly body but take on the form of a 33 year old Jewish man?

In other words, Christians will all take on the form of Jesus Christ.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled religion bashing and ridicule.
(04-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Not to derail the thread any further than it already is with the religion bashing but did you know that there are many people of different Christian denominations that believe when you die and go to Heaven, you will not be in your Heavenly body but take on the form of a 33 year old Jewish man?

In other words, Christians will all take on the form of Jesus Christ.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled religion bashing and ridicule.

non-existant  
(04-04-2016, 05:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm sure Jim thought that since Heaven is perfect, all those minorities would become whites upon entering.  They ain't called the Pearly Gates for nothing.
[Image: latest?cb=20130927152745]
(04-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled religion bashing and ridicule.

People who believe in Quetzalcoatl are morons!

(04-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Not to derail the thread any further than it already is with the religion bashing but did you know that there are many people of different Christian denominations that believe when you die and go to Heaven, you will not be in your Heavenly body but take on the form of a 33 year old Jewish man?

Sweet!  I want to take the form of Art Garfunkel circa 1975, then!

[Image: MI0002518648.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]
(04-04-2016, 08:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People who believe in Quetzalcoatl are morons!

Sweet!  I want to take the form of Art Garfunkel circa 1975, then!

[Image: MI0002518648.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

Interesting album cover. I always thought him and Paul were gay. Sort of like Air Supply or something. Ninja

[Image: air-supply_l.jpg?itok=tQehSf7l]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-04-2016, 10:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interesting album cover. I always thought him and Paul were gay. Sort of like Air Supply or something. Ninja

The only duet act I can think of that slept together was Captain and Tennille.  As far as I know:

Simon & Garfunkel
Seals & Crofts
Hall & Oates
Peter & Gordon
Chad & Jeremy
Loggins & Messina
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Johnson, TO & Palmer
Crosby, Still, Nash, and sometimes Young

are all straight guys who just let their voices to the entwining!  I can't vouch for Brewer & Shiply, nor England Dan Seal & John Ford Coley, though.  Fun fact, the woman to Art's left on that album cover was his girlfriend and she killed herself while they were together.  Ouch.
(04-05-2016, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The only duet act I can think of that slept together was Captain and Tennille.  As far as I know:

Simon & Garfunkel
Seals & Crofts
Hall & Oates
Peter & Gordon
Chad & Jeremy
Loggins & Messina
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Johnson, TO & Palmer

are all straight guys who just let their voices to the entwining!  I can't vouch for Brewer & Shiply, nor England Dan Seal & John Ford Coley, though.  Fun fact, the woman to Art's left on that album cover was his girlfriend and she killed herself while they were together.  Ouch.

Sonny and Cher?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-05-2016, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The only duet act I can think of that slept together was Captain and Tennille.  As far as I know:

Simon & Garfunkel
Seals & Crofts
Hall & Oates
Peter & Gordon
Chad & Jeremy
Loggins & Messina
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Johnson, TO & Palmer

Ike and Tina Turner.

Stevie Nicks and everyone.
Totally OT, but in the alternate universe of Salman Rushdie's book "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" all Simon & Garfunkle songs were performed by Carly Simon and Guinevere Garfunkle. Since most of the other characters in the book are real I assumed Guinevere Garfunkle was Art's wife or something like that. But she is completely fictional.
(04-05-2016, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ike and Tina Turner.

Stevie Nicks and everyone.

Donnie and Marie
Ninja
(04-04-2016, 10:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interesting album cover. I always thought him and Paul were gay. Sort of like Air Supply or something. Ninja

You do know that you're going straight to Hell, don't you? No passing GO, or collecting $200. Just the old bee line to Hell itself.... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(04-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Donnie and Marie
Ninja

[Image: latest?cb=20090726204520]
(04-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Donnie and Marie
Ninja

See, I was going to say the Carpenters.

But I'm too classy for that.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.