Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive Glasses
Anyone use progressive lens glasses? I just got a pair and they are extremely difficult to adjust too. Any tips from anybody who uses them and how they got comfortable using.
Reply/Quote
I blame Woodrow Wilson.
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness I have progressive lenss and it was not that big of a deal to me. Just look through the top half for distance and the bottom half for up close.
Reply/Quote
thought progressive sold car insurrance...
Reply/Quote
Moving to PnR... oh, wait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What are they...are they bifocals?

"Are you guys really that old?" said the old guy with bad eyesight and won't go to bifocals because he don't want to get old.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
This sound like the name of the sunglass kiosk Bernie Sanders runs at the mall.

Will wearing these turn me into a liberal?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What are they...are they bifocals?

Bifocal with no "line" between the two portions of the lens.  That way people can not tell you are wearing bifocals. but it is also better not to have a sharp line through your vision.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In all seriousness I have progressive lenss and it was not that big of a deal to me.  Just look through the top half for distance and the bottom half for up close.

Mine have three, one for distance, then mid range and up close reading. The middle one is a pain in the ass because of the little window they give you to focus with.

I think I should've changed this thread to "Getting old sucks, Nothing Better Happen To My Crank!"
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thought progressive sold car insurrance...

Yes, it goes hand in hand, you can't see shit and crash into people!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 12:44 AM)GodFather Wrote: Anyone use progressive lens glasses? I just got a pair and they are extremely difficult to adjust too. Any tips from anybody who uses them and how they got comfortable using.

Look at everything with your nose. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What are they...are they bifocals?

"Are you guys really that old?" said the old guy with bad eyesight and won't go to bifocals because he don't want to get old.

Same here, I refuse to get them. If I need to read really small print I just take off my glasses and bring the writing close to me. Really bugs Mrs. Llama when I do it at the Kroger reading the nutrition labels.

"For cripes sake, just get bifocals, already."

"No way. Now, point me towards the cart."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm standing up and saying it....I wear bi-focals. And damnit, screw you all. Young people, sheeeesh!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.M8855de0a6dd9d00271f2dcacc0df0...=216&h=163]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've had progressives for 4 years now and they were quite difficult to adjust to initially. Counting against me was the fact that I had never worn real glasses before, only used a pair of dollar store readers for fine print.

With that said, after a week or two, it becomes second nature to view through the appropriate zone and not let your eyes stray. The only times I ever have issues anymore is when there is a smudge that I'm trying to see around, and when I'm walking at elevation.

The latter is a problem as I do not like heights. I try to keep my head up so I won't look down to the ground, but I will cheat and glance without moving my head. Without the glasses that can give me a little vertigo. With the glasses it's almost guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same here, I refuse to get them.  If I need to read really small print I just take off my glasses and bring the writing close to me.  Really bugs Mrs. Llama when I do it at the Kroger reading the nutrition labels.  

"No way.  Now, point me towards the cart."

I did this forever, but I continually lost/broke glasses because I would take them off when doing close up work (measuring, adjusting, ect...)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did this forever, but I continually lost/broke glasses because I would take them off when doing close up work (measuring, adjusting, ect...)

My wife likes to joke that "The handwriting's on the wall, if only you could read it." I'll have to break down and get this type of glasses at some point, but I'm delaying that for as long as possible.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 05:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mine have three, one for distance, then mid range and up close reading. The middle one is a pain in the ass because of the little window they give you to focus with.

I think I should've changed this thread to "Getting old sucks, Nothing Better Happen To My Crank!"

Mine are the same. You get used to it over time. It took me about a month. The first day or so is the worst, particularly when you are used to using your peripheral vision a lot. Suddenly you have t turn your head a lot more. But like I said, you do get used to them.

As far as getting old, pretty much everyone needs glasses shortly after they turn 40. That's just part of living.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:49 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Mine are the same. You get used to it over time. It took me about a month. The first day or so is the worst, particularly when you are used to using your peripheral vision a lot. Suddenly you have t turn your head a lot more. But like I said, you do get used to them.

As far as getting old, pretty much everyone needs glasses shortly after they turn 40. That's just part of living.

Bengalzona so when you get used to it, basically what happens is you accept the fact that the sides are blurry and you move your head to focus in the small area that is clear and after awhile it becomes normal for you?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same here, I refuse to get them.  If I need to read really small print I just take off my glasses and bring the writing close to me.  Really bugs Mrs. Llama when I do it at the Kroger reading the nutrition labels.  

"No way.  Now, point me towards the cart."

I've never been able to figure out why I can read the smallest print there is when I am not wearing glasses or contacts. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote