Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS sides with Biden Admnistration on Social Media contact
(06-27-2024, 12:48 AM)pally Wrote: Except Trump wants to fire a large portion of the civil service employees and replace them with Trump loyalists who are being screened to insure loyalty to Trump comes first

So, no.  It's ok when we do it.

(06-27-2024, 12:52 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well there is a problem when you have a wanna be dictator who demands loyalty because he needs protection from those around him for all the corrupt shit he does.

But yes. There will be plenty of honorable civil servants who work for the United States government who are tasked with defending the country from enemies foreign and domestic that will still have jobs.

Guys like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Vindman

I'll hold you to that the next four years.  Unfortunately, consistency has not been your strong suit

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, no.  It's ok when we do it.

I'll hold you to that the next four years.  Unfortunately, consistency has not been your strong suit

Well there is a problem when you have a wanna be dictator who demands loyalty because he needs protection from those around him for all the corrupt shit he does.

There is our democracy. Then there is clown town.

Dill is trying to warn you about it.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Project-2025

WTF kind of goal is this? "go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State"?

Well no shit the infrastructure work isn't getting done. Half of em are trying to prove the government is incompetent. How much time have house republicans spent on our actual foreign adversaries the last 4 years? Everything has been fearmongering about being attacked by liberals.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, no.  It's ok when we do it.

Really, name one Democratic president who has even attempted to fire tens of thousands of career civil servants because they didn’t pass some sort of loyalty test to the politics of the president in order to replace them with loyalists.

You want government employees to put thr CONSTITUTION first not the president

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It is crazy that people are pushing for the 1984 Ministry of Truth to come into existence...

Are Loyalty Officers next?

Paranoia RPG shout out!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 02:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well there is a problem when you have a wanna be dictator who demands loyalty because he needs protection from those around him for all the corrupt shit he does.

There is our democracy. Then there is clown town.

Dill is trying to warn you about it.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Project-2025

WTF kind of goal is this? "go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State"?

Well no shit the infrastructure work isn't getting done. Half of em are trying to prove the government is incompetent. How much time have house republicans spent on our actual foreign adversaries the last 4 years? Everything has been fearmongering about being attacked by liberals.

Having worked for the government nearly my entire adult life I can personally attest to the bloat, especially at upper management levels.  As for your infrastructure comment, that's a puzzler.  How is what trump might do in 2025 preventing people from doing their job from 2021 to 2024?

(06-27-2024, 07:20 AM)pally Wrote: Really, name one Democratic president who has even attempted to fire tens of thousands of career civil servants because they didn’t pass some sort of loyalty test to the politics of the president in order to replace them with loyalists.

You want government employees to put thr CONSTITUTION first not the president

Well, FDR certainly tried to run roughshod on the government on SCOTUS.  But you are right, government employees should be loyal to the Constitution.  Too bad many of them are not when it comes to partisan politics.  Allow me to clue you in, what we have no is not some idyllic corps of workers loyal to the Constitution.  If some shakeup is needed then do it.  Of course how far to go depends on your perspective.

Reply/Quote