Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to the O-line
Looked better today. Actually run blocked, and the running game is what made everything else work. If Mixon is moving the ball, Burrow will have time and open receivers.

The win is great, but we have to still remember that this team is 1-2-1 against teams with losing records last season. Now we're heading into some games against winning teams. Execution still needs to improve if we'd like to win against some of the upcoming teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I spent most of the game watching the right side of the line, and Hart's body was generally in the right position and Redmond looked more than adequate. It was the Jags... let's see what happens against the Ratbirds next week.
Reply/Quote
They played well today for sure, big improvement.

To have any shot at Baltimore they've got to shake off the screw ups. They've got to score early and often and they must, must be able to run it. Have to limit Ravens time of possession.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They played well today for sure, big improvement.

To have any shot at Baltimore they've got to shake off the screw ups. They've got to score early and often and they must, must be able to run it. Have to limit Ravens time of possession.

.... and improve that 2 minute D to close the first half.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: OR, and here me out on this, no roids giving him an extraordinary level of intensity and energy awaiting the snap = Redmond not false starting.

Unfortunately we'll never know the truth.

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt... didn't want to be victim of the roid rage if I typed bad things about him.  Tongue

But, it is possible that he found a new.... I mean that being all clean is working out for him.

(10-04-2020, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When the line pass blocks and run blocks well the entire playbook is open for use.  When they don’t the play calls are extremely limited.

It was nice to see for a change. The jet sweeps and mis-directions and just overall nice looking drives.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 09:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt... didn't want to be victim of the roid rage if I typed bad things about him.  Tongue

But, it is possible that he found a new.... I mean that being all clean is working out for him.

It was nice to see for a change. The jet sweeps and mis-directions and just overall nice looking drives.

Nice Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:59 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: .... and improve that 2 minute D to close the halves.

Fixed it
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup I don't believe Burrow got sacked today? O-Line did great todays blame if you have to give it was the WR's not coming down witch clutch catches. But all in all you can't criticize a win :)

WHO DEY!!!

Remember that scramble he had on the final drive, where he got a yard or two and was crunched over Gio-van?

They called that a 0 yard sack, even though he gained yards <_<

(10-04-2020, 08:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: but we have to still remember that this team is 1-2-1 against teams with losing records last season.

No they aren't; Eagles were 9-7 last year.

Don't make things up to rain on parades.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Today proved what having a top notch line would do for us. Our bad line played a bad d-line and it gave us a run game and opened the offense. If we can get a top notch line it will allow us to compete against any team on offense. Sweet Lou's side is a hole different conversation.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they can do that again next week against Baltimore, we will have a chance to win it.  With the win, we would be above .500.

2-2-1 is not above .500.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 2-2-1 is not above .500.
Actually, it is.  Two wins and two losses is five hundred.  Two wins, a tie and two losses is worth more than two wins, two losses.  In a tie breaking situation, a tie could make all the difference.  A tie is not as good as a win but it is better than a loss.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:36 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, it is.  Two wins and two losses is five hundred.  Two wins, a tie and two losses is worth more than two wins, two losses.  In a tie breaking situation, a tie could make all the difference.  A tie is not as good as a win but it is better than a loss.

As has already been mentioned, a tie is essentially half a win and half a loss.  2-2-1 is basically 2.5-2.5, so it is exactly .500.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:57 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:  As has already been mentioned, a tie is essentially half a win and half a loss.  2-2-1 is basically 2.5-2.5, so it is exactly .500.

Not when it comes to tie breakers.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:23 AM)McC Wrote: Not when it comes to tie breakers.  

It would still apply.  10-5-1 (10.5-5.5) >10-6 but <11-5, and so on.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:43 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: It would still apply.  10-5-1 (10.5-5.5) >10-6 but <11-5, and so on.

Right.  I said it was not as good as a win but better than a loss. Case in point--the Eagles are in first place in their division by virtue of the tie.

Reply/Quote
They were certainly better today, but I'm not ready to take the bait. They need to have sustained success before I stop believing that they need a major infusion of talent this offseason. Thinking they were okay is how we got the standing pat approach of the past offseason and the future of the franchise getting pounded into hamburger for the first 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it’s the Jaguars but props to the o-line today. Redmond made a huge difference and how about Bobby Hart? All in all good stuff

It was a Solid Game by the O-Line.  They put Redmond at weak RG and he did great.  I remember Redmond use to get playing time and many liked him.  The O Line came together and run blocked and passed blocked.  They protected Burrow all game for a change.  I like that they ran blocked out the 4th quarter time as good teams do. 

The O Line set up success for Burrow, Mixon and set up Zac Taylor offense of play action.  One Great play call was after Mixon TD run, with D looking Mixon next series, the first play was a Burrow fake hand-off to Mixon for a long gain play action pass to a seldom used receiver wide open.  

So lets also hear it for the coaches getting this O Line worst in NFL since 2017 season, 2018, 2019, starting to turn it around in 2020 of no preseason. 

I think Price was sent to the bench like Ross.  Redmond and Higgins taking their jobs. These are Marvin Lewis era draft picks Zac Taylor has given chances to, but now on the bench, not his picks. Maybe Mike and Duke wanted their picks in, but they have earned getting benched. 

So with Redmond at the RG spot, it was no longer the weak link.  The O Line blocked a good game start to finish.  It is on this The Bengals can build on.  The Bengals had no chance in 2017, 2018, 2019 with worst blocking in NFL.  OGH, Fish and Price were Top Picks who failed completely. I blame that on whoever made these Marvin Era Picks, Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, Marvin Lewis.  We can not blame Zac Taylor who wasn't here. 

The O Line was solid in Victory today.  It was good to see. It has been a long wait from 2016 to today.  GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:10 AM)kevin Wrote: It was a Solid Game by the O-Line.  They put Redman at weak RG and he did great.  I remember Redman use to get playing time and many liked him.  The O Line came together and run blocked and passed blocked.  They protected Burrow all game for a change.  I like that they ran blocked out the 4th quarter time as good teams do. 

The O Line set up success for Burrow, Mixon and set up Zac Taylor offense of play action.  One Great play call was after Mixon TD run, with D looking Mixon next series, the first play was a Burrow fake hand-off to Mixon for a long gain play action pass to a seldom used receiver wide open.  

So lets also hear it for the coaches getting this O Line worst in NFL since 2017 season, 2018, 2019, starting to turn it around in 2020 of no preseason. 

I think Price was sent to the bench like Ross.  Redman and Higgens taking their jobs. These are Marvin Lewis era draft picks Zac Taylor has given chances to, but now on the bench, not his picks. Maybe Mike and Duke wanted their picks in, but they have earned getting benched. 

So with Redman at the RG spot, it was no longer the weak link.  The O Line blocked a good game start to finish.  It is on this The Bengals can build on.  The Bengals had no chance in 2017, 2018, 2019 with worst blocking in NFL.  OGH, Fish and Price were Top Picks who failed completely. I blame that on whoever made these Marvin Era Picks, Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, Marvin Lewis.  We can not blame Zac Taylor who wasn't here. 

The O Line was solid in Victory today.  It was good to see. It has been a long wait from 2016 to today.  GO BENGALS. 

*Redmond*

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:10 AM)kevin Wrote: It was a Solid Game by the O-Line.  They put Redman at weak RG and he did great.  I remember Redman use to get playing time and many liked him.  The O Line came together and run blocked and passed blocked.  They protected Burrow all game for a change.  I like that they ran blocked out the 4th quarter time as good teams do. 

I think Price was sent to the bench like Ross.  Redman and Higgens taking their jobs. These are Marvin Lewis era draft picks Zac Taylor has given chances to, but now on the bench, not his picks. Maybe Mike and Duke wanted their picks in, but they have earned getting benched. 

So with Redman at the RG spot, it was no longer the weak link.  The O Line blocked a good game start to finish.  It is on this The Bengals can build on.  The Bengals had no chance in 2017, 2018, 2019 with worst blocking in NFL.  OGH, Fish and Price were Top Picks who failed completely. I blame that on whoever made these Marvin Era Picks, Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, Marvin Lewis.  We can not blame Zac Taylor who wasn't here. 

*Higgins*
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: line played well.. no sacks, fiew pressures and good running game

And the balance of the running game also helped avoid guys teeing off on Burrow.  Only 4 hits, I believe.  
Reply/Quote