Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Props to the OL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gotta roll with the hot hand. Maybe we found something.

Line has been a work in progress for sure, but good job today.

The director of the Senior Bowl, Jim Nagy, responded to Lindsay Patterson's Hakeem appreciation post. He said he thought Hakeem would make a better guard and was hoping he'd convert. Now it looks like we might have found a long term answer at RG.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Baldy loves us and I love Baldy.  Hell of a game from the OL.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a job by the big uglies today. They took TJ Watt completely out of the game. If the camera wouldn’t have kept focusing in on him to show his frustration I wouldn’t even have known he played today.

And they were obviously moving guys all game for Mixon. They gave up a couple sacks early on, but one of them was on Burrow for not just stepping up in the pocket (and hitting a wide open Chase in the back of the end zone). Overall they did a hell of a job against a top 2-3 pass rusher in the league.

I’ve been particularly impressed with Adeniji. And Prince did an admirable job filling in for Reiff.

I know it will be dismissed by many that the steelers aren't the steelers and they have been getting run on by all teams.  However, this was a game they needed.  This was a rivalry game.  They had their front guys and their LBs.  And they got absolutely *****-slapped.  The only way it could have been better was if it was a nationally televised game.

I hope Reiff is back soon, but huge props to Taylor and Pollack for developing Prince over Fred Johnson.  He has been pretty solid all year, although he is used primarily as a run blocker.  

Adeniji is a huge boost to the line because of his consistency.  He seems to be handling the position change very well.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone see who the first one was to get in Watt's face after the deal with Burrow? You guessed it, big 67. Lovin' that dude more every week.

I was laughing because he decked Watt (wish I could have seen how much Watt was pushed back, as he was just out of screen), but even the ref was like "well, you were kind of being a dick".  Then, it showed Watt demonstrating to a teammate how he was just holding on to Burrow before planting him.  God, I love Quinten Spain.  What a find that guy has been.  
Reply/Quote

My God, I love this.  It is fun, and it is the Bengals against the steelers.  What an incredible game.  
Reply/Quote
Huge props to the big guys up front.
Reply/Quote
Oline is coming along. Best it's looked in a number of years, and still have some talent on the bench to develop.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Chase just continues to block well down field. Lost in the commotion, Trey Hopkins seemed to have himself a game until leaving early. It's nice to see him possibly getting his legs back under him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Chase just continues to block well down field. Lost in the commotion, Trey Hopkins seemed to have himself a game until leaving early. It's nice to see him possibly getting his legs back under him.

I loved the highlight of Chases block. Not just the execution,  but his celebration afterwards. He loves blocking, and I love that.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
these are killer blocking numbers from PFF for the left side of the line

Zone run-block grades in Week 12:
LT Jonah Williams - 92.8
LG Quinton Spain - 90.3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:29 PM)SladeX Wrote: I loved the highlight of Chases block. Not just the execution,  but his celebration afterwards. He loves blocking, and I love that.

Me too. Even though I was for going oline, I was good with drafting Ja'Marr..... little did I know the kid was a mauler too!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:20 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Motown. From a time when music was good.  Rock On

I have a bumper sticker that says "It's not that I'm old, your music does suck!"
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a job by the big uglies today. They took TJ Watt completely out of the game. If the camera wouldn’t have kept focusing in on him to show his frustration I wouldn’t even have known he played today.

And they were obviously moving guys all game for Mixon. They gave up a couple sacks early on, but one of them was on Burrow for not just stepping up in the pocket (and hitting a wide open Chase in the back of the end zone). Overall they did a hell of a job against a top 2-3 pass rusher in the league.

I’ve been particularly impressed with Adeniji. And Prince did an admirable job filling in for Reiff.

I also like how we are building some depth with Prince, Carmen and others getting PT. I hope for no injuries', but experience is the best teacher so seeing rookies out there hopefully helps us in the future.

Also, please sign Reiff now to a 3 year deal. He has done very well for us and we need to lock him up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It was nice to finally see a complete game out of our Oline.. lets hope this starts a trend especially since we have been so healthy on our line ....
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It was nice to finally see a complete game out of our Oline.. lets hope this starts a trend especially since we have been so healthy on our line ....

If they have finally locked on the right combo in O line and continue to pound the balllike this, this team can go far into playoffs 
Im totally fine with Burrow getting 200 yds and a td and Mixon getting 100+ and chewing clock.
Thats AFC N Style football 
Reply/Quote
These are not holes, they’re canyons…

[Image: FFYTxENXEAkecNT?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: FFYTxfUWQAAG2Tn?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: FFYTx_zXsAIl5XM?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: FFYTyqEXoAc9zD3?format=png&name=900x900]

Not taking anything away from Mixon btw, his YAC were ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If they have finally locked on the right combo in O line and continue to pound the balllike this, this team can go far into playoffs 
Im totally fine with Burrow getting 200 yds and a td and Mixon getting 100+ and chewing clock.
Thats AFC N Style football 

This.

Reply/Quote
And to the scheme and the players execution of that scheme. And the line coach. Awesome to see a good O Line developing.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I also like how we are building some depth with Prince, Carmen and others getting PT. I hope for no injuries', but experience is the best teacher so seeing rookies out there hopefully helps us in the future.

Also, please sign Reiff now to a 3 year deal. He has done very well for us and we need to lock him up.

We've got a lot of players on one year deals they'll need to lock up. The good thing is, the cap is expanding, and the great thing is I don't feel like any of these guys are going to want to go play anywhere else. This locker room really does appear to be a family setting. It should be appreciated how rare that is in the NFL.
Reply/Quote