Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects The Bengals Met With
(03-29-2016, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but would a rookie WR whether he is a 1st or 2nd rounder help our team as much as a LB like Lee would?

I don't know, we have been needing an athletic cover LB forever. We still have Green, (sounds like Lafell) Eifert,
Gio, Alford, Wright, Burkhead, Kroft, Kumerow etc and could still get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd that would help
eventually. I like Doctson a lot but i would take Lee over him if both were there.

I'm definitely on the Darron Lee bandwagon, but the Dansby signing helps alleviate the need for a coverage LB for at least one year.  Dansby was ranked as one of the highest coverage LBs last season. At this point, we really need a WR. This is a weaker class so I can see a bunch of picks early on and leaving scraps by the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm definitely on the Darron Lee bandwagon, but the Dansby signing helps alleviate the need for a coverage LB for at least one year.  Dansby was ranked as one of the highest coverage LBs last season. At this point, we really need a WR. This is a weaker class so I can see a bunch of picks early on and leaving scraps by the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Very true, but age should come into consideration with Dansby no matter how great he was last year.

He is getting older. If a player like Lee fell to us at 24 though i think you have to consider this.

Coleman is my guy if we go WR in the first.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, but age should come into consideration with Dansby no matter how great he was last year.

He is getting older. If a player like Lee fell to us at 24 though i think you have to consider this.

Coleman is my guy if we go WR in the first.

I understand the age concern. My fear is that the Dansby signing goes along the lines of Sam Adams.

However, I would hate to watch a bunch of WRs come off the boardin the 1st and 2nd rounds. I don't see this being similar to 2012 where we can get someone like Sanu and Jones in the later rounds. We'd open the season with Brandon LaFell across from AJ and the winner of the James Wright/Mario Alford camp battle vying for the slot. That's....sad.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I understand the age concern. My fear is that the Dansby signing goes along the lines of Sam Adams.

However, I would hate to watch a bunch of WRs come off the boardin the 1st and 2nd rounds. I don't see this being similar to 2012 where we can get someone like Sanu and Jones in the later rounds. We'd open the season with Brandon LaFell across from AJ and the winner of the James Wright/Mario Alford camp battle vying for the slot. That's....sad.

It is a weak WR class no question. I still think we could get a good one in the 2nd round but after that, maybe not
if what you say is true and there is a crazy run at receivers early. The position in this draft that is deep is DT but that
doesn't necessarily mean i don't want a DT early if the right guy is there just cause it is weak at WR.

Same if a crazy athletic badazz LB'er is there like Lee.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hayes was running Tyler Higbee's drills at Western Kentucky. He's a projected 4th rounder right now.
Reply/Quote
Bengals were at DT Javon Hargrave's pro day. They met with him individually afterward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Bengals were at DT Javon Hargrave's pro day.  They met with him individually afterward.

yay!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Bengals were at DT Javon Hargrave's pro day.  They met with him individually afterward.

Love this guy.  The question is where to take him.    Draft Countdown has Minnesota taking him the pick before us in the 3rd round.  Most other mocks have him going in the 4th or 5th round.

Usually players go off the board sooner in the real draft - at least the ones I like.   I don't care about the competition this guy played against.  His domination was total.
Reply/Quote
We met with Jacob Russell. He's a QB from Cambellsville University in the NAIA. Possible #4 QB/camp arm.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals linebackers coach Jim Haslett attended Boise State's Pro Day to see Kamalei Correa work out.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
By the looks of it, the Bengals have met with Treadwell, Docston, and Coleman more than once. So that may be giving an indication as to them looking to draft one of those 3 in the 1st round. Of course, they met with Butler twice as well. So not sure who ranks above who, but it seems like the Bengals are doing their homework depending on who falls to them.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Apparently Bengals worked out Cardale Jones...

The next Andy?

LOL.

Well when Cardale Jones's rookie contract will end.. Andy will be 33..

Dun dun duhhhhh
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I wonder if this workout is more about getting to know a rival a little better. I have seen Jones mocked to the Steelers quite a bit so it wouldn't surprise me if that is why. Stranger things have happened but I can't see McCarron being traded with two cheap years left on his deal and Andy coming off injury.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:41 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I wonder if this workout is more about getting to know a rival a little better. I have seen Jones mocked to the Steelers quite a bit so it wouldn't surprise me if that is why. Stranger things have happened but I can't see McCarron being traded with two cheap years left on his deal and Andy coming off injury.

It wouldn't be the first time that we've scouted a potential "enemy." We brought in a prospect a few years ago that was on the Steelers radar. He wound up going to Baltimore, but Hobson mentioned us using the visit to scout a rival.
Reply/Quote
Bengals had private meetings with Adolphus Washington, Sean Davis, and Emmanuel Ogbah.

Ogbah is a bit of a surprise. But I like it. I still believe the Bengals go WR at #1, but if the top 3 are off the board I'd be extremely happy if they got Ogbah.

I'd like Washington in the 2nd round.

Big fan of Sean Davis.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We met with Kevin Byard. He's a DB from Middle Tennessee State. Ran a 4.46 and 4.51 at his pro day.

The bigger meeting was with Daniel Braverman. He's a WR from Western Michigan. The guy will be a slot WR in the league. He had 109 catches last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here's the safety history under Marvin Lewis:

Madieu Williams
Ethan Kilmer
Marvin White
Chinedum Ndukwe
Corey Lynch
Robert Sands
George Iloka
Shawn Williams
Derron Smith

Yep, we've hit on a lot of these safeties.

Iloka has clearly worked out. Williams didn't get significant playing time until this year, and we have no idea what Lee can provide. All the other safeties didn't work out. That's why I'm not high on relying on another late round safety.

All the other safeties didn't work out?

Madieu Williams was a starter here that we lost in FA
Ethan Kilmer had a pick 6 in his first start and we lost to a knee injury
Marvin White was not a hit, but did play(and start) for several seasons
Ndukwe was a very solid player here
Corey Lynch has gone on to have a very solid career in San Diego
Robert Sands was an idiot
George Iloka just got a huge payday
Shawn Williams has shown enough to become the starter and allow them to let Reggie Walk (Hello ANOTHER third round compensatory pick!)
Derron Smith- Too early to tell

Actually, for later round selections, I think their success rate has been pretty good.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love it if we drafted Butler. Rock On

He is an excellent long-term prospect for us at NT
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All the other safeties didn't work out?

Madieu Williams was a starter here that we lost in FA
Ethan Kilmer had a pick 6 in his first start and we lost to a knee injury
Marvin White was not a hit, but did play(and start) for several seasons
Ndukwe was a very solid player here
Corey Lynch has gone on to have a very solid career in San Diego
Robert Sands was an idiot
George Iloka just got a huge payday
Shawn Williams has shown enough to become the starter and allow them to let Reggie Walk (Hello ANOTHER third round compensatory pick!)
Derron Smith- Too early to tell

Actually, for later round selections, I think their success rate has been pretty good.  

Williams looked good his rookie year and the first 4 games in 2005. After his shoulder injury, he just wasn't as physical as he used to be.

Kilmer had a pick 6. That's it. He got a pick 6 on a day where we gave up 510 passing yards, which is still a team record.

Marvin White was the primary starter for one season, and then we released him. He also earned the nickname Marvin "Whiff" White.

Corey Lynch spent a total of one season in San Diego.

Ndukwe had a lot of us hyped up. 2008 was kind of a rough year for him. He lost his starting job in 2009 until Roy Williams got injured.

Sands was LOL.

Iloka is the only one we've really hit on. It's too early for Williams since guys like Ndukwe showed up for 1 season, but I'm willing to say he was a positive hit. It's too early for Smith, but I'm hoping we've hit on him.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 03:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We met with Kevin Byard. He's a DB from Middle Tennessee State. Ran a 4.46 and 4.51 at his pro day.

The bigger meeting was with Daniel Braverman. He's a WR from Western Michigan. The guy will be a slot WR in the league. He had 109 catches last season.

Byard is  5'11 and  216 lbs so he's bigger like we seem to like them too !
Reply/Quote