Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud of Zac Taylor
(01-03-2023, 12:42 PM)samhain Wrote: At one point after the injury it looked like both teams were getting ready to resume play.  

Right after the announcer said they had 5 mins to warm up Burrow started throwing. One of the Bills players tried to get his team fired back up, but the Bills players' heart was just not in it and went back to the bench after they gathered up. So, I think there is some truth to either the NFL trying to restart the game or the refs just going by what they normally do.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get what you’re saying, it was a tough situation and he handled it with class, but game management and play calling is kind of a big deal for a head coach. He’s 11-4 (prob would’ve been 12-4 had last night not gone that way) so it’s fine, but, this whole incident doesn’t make him a better head coach.

No, but that wasn't the point I was making. Taylor proved himself last night to be a top grade human being, and that's what makes me proud that he's our Head Coach. Wasn't more to it than that.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:49 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Right after the announcer said they had 5 mins to warm up Burrow started throwing. One of the Bills players tried to get his team fired back up, but the Bills players' heart was just not in it and went back to the bench after they gathered up. So, I think there is some truth to either the NFL trying to restart the game or the refs just going by what they normally do.

I think, and hope, it was just the refs going through standard procedure. It does appear that way, as Sean and Zac were both talking to officials on the field and outside the Bills locker room. I read, or heard, that Katie was in contact with the league office for further instruction.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get what you’re saying, it was a tough situation and he handled it with class, but game management and play calling is kind of a big deal for a head coach. He’s 11-4 (prob would’ve been 12-4 had last night not gone that way) so it’s fine, but, this whole incident doesn’t make him a better head coach.

No Bengals HC has ever won 12 games in consecutive years. He could also become the first to win a playoff game in consecutive years as well as consecutive division titles. This year's team was also the first Bengals team to go undefeated in November and December. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: No Bengals HC has ever won 12 games in consecutive years. He could also become the first to win a playoff game in consecutive years as well as consecutive division titles. This year's team was also the first Bengals team to go undefeated in November and December. 

Said it from day 1, he would become one of the greatest Bengals coaches ever. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Said it from day 1, he would become one of the greatest Bengals coaches ever. 

....yep, and I'm certain you were the ONLY one, lol. I've supported Zac, but I would have never been bold enough to make that claim.

Reply/Quote

understand what you're saying as well, but, think about how he's viewed by players after this...  As a leader of men, the confidence they have in him having their best interests in mind alone, this incident HAS made him a better head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: understand what you're saying as well, but, think about how he's viewed by players after this...  As a leader of men, the confidence they have in him having their best interests in mind alone, this incident HAS made him a better head coach.

Very good point. The players have had comments about the entire staff and how they interact with the players and actually listen to their suggestions....and often even implement them. This will just solidify all of that.

Reply/Quote

The fact you come on here as a non-Bengals fan just to trash the coaches is annoying.  Also the straight out lies about posters dissing Burrow. And yes there are many examples of your patheticness.  Just go away.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He handled that nightmarish situation last night like a true gentleman, and after reading a few pieces on the twitter feed this morning, it’s obvious the remainder of the league has taken notice.

A leader and a true gentleman. Very proud of him, and also very proud of the way our players and fans behaved.

It’s not often we get a chance to truly see the character of these individuals, but we did last night. Who Dey.

For sure RKR. Proud of Zac, the players and the fans.
Reply/Quote

[Image: uhh-ok.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Showed a lot of class. You can see after they tried to do a 5 min warmup, Zac went over to Buffalos coach and told him to take hiw ever much time they need, even if it means calling the game. It was the right decision.
Reply/Quote

ZT is 22-10 his past 2 seasons including playoffs. That makes him a very good HC, his job is a lot more than calling plays. I think you and other seem to forget that part.

Prayers for #3 Hamelin and his family.

Very proud of ZT, players, fans and Cincy last night.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: understand what you're saying as well, but, think about how he's viewed by players after this...  As a leader of men, the confidence they have in him having their best interests in mind alone, this incident HAS made him a better head coach.

ZT treats his players with respect. How many HC would let Chase decide when he was ready to start playing after his injury? He does this over and over again so his treatment of this situation was the ZT norm and it makes him a special human being and HC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The fact you come on here as a non-Bengals fan just trash the coaches is annoying.  Also the straight out lies about posters dissing Burrow. And yes there are many examples of your patheticness.  Just go away.

First time I've seen him since we went on this 7-0 run. Hmm

Reply/Quote
I know Sean McDermott was obviously, and understandably, very upset. It’s almost as if Zac stepped in and knew he wasn’t in his right mind to make any decisions because he was worried about his player.

Much respect to both coaches. Last night was unprecedented all while being on National TV.

Also, I’m not from Cincinnati but you guys did yourselves proud. Kudos to you not just as fans, but as a whole city. Proud my favorite football (and baseball) team represents a tremendous city!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He handled that nightmarish situation last night like a true gentleman, and after reading a few pieces on the twitter feed this morning, it’s obvious the remainder of the league has taken notice.

A leader and a true gentleman. Very proud of him, and also very proud of the way our players and fans behaved.

It’s not often we get a chance to truly see the character of these individuals, but we did last night. Who Dey.

Very proud of the coach. Very proud of the Bengals players. Very proud of the fans. (Don't know why I expected them to boo when the players headed to the locker room. Maybe used to some of the fans here on the East Coast.) Very proud of the posters on this board.
Reply/Quote
Most know I am not the biggest Zac Taylor fan, and I found zero issues with him last night. From the good play calling to start the game to his conduct following the injury. No fault, at all. Perfect.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
They are talking about this (obviously) on Moving the Chains. They are crediting the Bengals doctor with saving this kids life on the field.
Reply/Quote
I am more than willing to “put up with” whatever shortcomings ZT has as a coach going forward. Actually felt this way for quite a whole now, but this incident has cemented into place that I would run through a wall for the guy, so to speak. As to lsu dude, whatever man.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote