Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud of Zac Taylor
(01-03-2023, 03:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The fact you come on here as a non-Bengals fan just to trash the coaches is annoying.  Also the straight out lies about posters dissing Burrow. And yes there are many examples of your patheticness.  Just go away.

I talked to a high official in the SEC about OU joining the SEC. I said my experience with LSU fans wasn’t good. He laughed. He said LSU fans are the filthiest,trashiest, most degenerate SEC fans and that the other schools aren’t like them and not to worry. So there you go. A high ranking SEC official. Imagine that? So it shouldn’t surprise anybody. Lincoln Riley almost went there instead of USC but according to my source the wives visited and said you’ll go without us.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:20 PM)Destro Wrote: Most know I am not the biggest Zac Taylor fan, and I found zero issues with him last night. From the good play calling to start the game to his conduct following the injury. No fault, at all. Perfect.

Awesome Destro. Rock On

(01-03-2023, 05:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They are talking about this (obviously) on Moving the Chains. They are crediting the Bengals doctor with saving this kids life on the field.

Great on him. What a job these guy's have... Shocked

(01-03-2023, 05:51 PM)SladeX Wrote: I am more than willing to “put up with” whatever shortcomings ZT has as a coach going forward. Actually felt this way for quite a whole now, but this incident has cemented into place that I would run through a wall for the guy, so to speak. As to lsu dude, whatever man.

Well said SladeX. Feel the same, this cemented Zac as my HC for a long time. That is what you want to see from your HC.

Total class.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get what you’re saying, it was a tough situation and he handled it with class, but game management and play calling is kind of a big deal for a head coach. He’s 11-4 (prob would’ve been 12-4 had last night not gone that way) so it’s fine, but, this whole incident doesn’t make him a better head coach.

If you don't think that character is the foundation of success in coaching (and really, everything else), you don't know much about coaching.

To the OP: This is a great thread, KiJana. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get what you’re saying, it was a tough situation and he handled it with class, but game management and play calling is kind of a big deal for a head coach. He’s 11-4 (prob would’ve been 12-4 had last night not gone that way) so it’s fine, but, this whole incident doesn’t make him a better head coach.

Go.  Away.
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwan stated he was talking to a coach (didn't say which team) but the coach said the Team Capitans for both teams were awesome. They were the ones conveying the team's thoughts to the HC. So shout out to:
Joe Burrow
Michael Thomas
Joe Mixon
Ted Karras
DJ Reader
Vonn Bell
Sam Hubbard
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:49 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Right after the announcer said they had 5 mins to warm up Burrow started throwing. One of the Bills players tried to get his team fired back up, but the Bills players' heart was just not in it and went back to the bench after they gathered up. So, I think there is some truth to either the NFL trying to restart the game or the refs just going by what they normally do.

Nfl released statement that refutes the 5 min warm up
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-denies-five-minute-warmup-damar-hamlin-joe-buck/qd6onvewd3vlcyvegb3qq3yd
Reply/Quote
I am never ever going to make another critical statement about Coach Taylor.

What a great human being.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:44 AM)motoarch Wrote: I've been very critical of zac.

Last night when I saw him walking back to the bills sideline I've never been so proud he's our guy.  He treated the situation with class and dignity.

I couldn't believe the NFL was telling them to get back out there and so happy zac told them to get bent.

5 min warm up thing is being refuted directly by NFL 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-denies-five-minute-warmup-damar-hamlin-joe-buck/qd6onvewd3vlcyvegb3qq3yd
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nfl released statement that refutes the 5 min warm up

Someone is lying, no way Joe Buck says that 4 times without someone telling him.  Im not betting on the honesty of the league executives trying very hard to cover their butts.

Reply/Quote
I'll just say this, there was a reason Joe Burrow all of a sudden started warming up throwing while Allen got a sick look on his face. The 5 minute deal happened. It may have come from the league, or more likely from the ref who was just doing his job restarting rhe game after the injured player is removed, but it happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Someone is lying, no way Joe Buck says that 4 times without someone telling him.  Im not betting on the honesty of the league executives trying very hard to cover their butts.

Playing peacemaker, but there could have been an automatic trigger of "well, what happens now," when he went down. That is what everyone was going by. That's what Buck was using. Of course, the situation changed as the seriousness ramped up, but no one was giving a game status update, as they didn't have one. I lean more towards everyone was trying to figure out what was what and not worrying about whatever Joe Buck was saying on TV.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1610439231201214467?s=46&t=ufvQzt7TsGZMghNlV50CtQ

Hamlin now breathing 50% on his own
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1610439231201214467?s=46&t=ufvQzt7TsGZMghNlV50CtQ

Hamlin now breathing 50% on his own

That is encouraging.

Prayers are a powerful thing, please keep praying for this young man and his family.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is encouraging.

Prayers are a powerful thing, please keep praying for this young man and his family.

When Dan Orlovsky prayed today live on ESPN to close his show with Laura Rutledge and Marcus Spears I about fainted.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:08 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: If you don't think that character is the foundation of success in coaching (and really, everything else), you don't know much about coaching.

To the OP:  This is a great thread, KiJana.  Thank you.

Dittos on the message to the OP. What a great thread to start.
Reply/Quote
I so badly want to hate Epps but I can't. I love the dude:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-tomlin-gets-emotional-about-damar-hamlin-as-other-teams-cancel-media-availability-195644033.html

WTS, I hope he earns his first ever losing season and the Steelers fire him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nfl released statement that refutes the 5 min warm up

Yes, and ESPN put a story out standing by the 5 min warm up time from their guy that was in direct contact with the Commish office. 

I do not really like either side at all and trust each side even less.

It may never be known where they both keep pointing fingers at each other.
Reply/Quote
I think the most likely reality is that both sides are being truthful, and that someone in the exchange didn't have a nuanced interpretation of the communication. The NFL will probably give teams a standard 5-minute period (or so) in the wake of significant injury timeouts, and when the ESPN broadcast team was looking for answers that's what they were told. Then Joe Burrow started tossing a football around, and it seemed confirmatory. The NFL could have still decided somewhere up the chain that the players would need more time than that (not necessarily so much time that the game is cut short, but more than 5 minutes) and communicated that to the officials and the head coaches.

I don't have much trust for ESPN or the NFL either, and if there really is a liar among them then I'd guess the NFL is the liar first. I don't think ESPN would have a sensible motivation to lie about this (certainly not Joe Buck or the broadcast team while covering the matter in real time). I believe the following reflects reality, in order of probability to be true:

1 - both sides legitimately believe they are telling the truth, and something wasn't communicated effectively
2 - the NFL is lying and trying to save face
3 - ESPN is lying
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:12 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think the most likely reality is that both sides are being truthful, and that someone in the exchange didn't have a nuanced interpretation of the communication. The NFL will probably give teams a standard 5-minute period (or so) in the wake of significant injury timeouts, and when the ESPN broadcast team was looking for answers that's what they were told. Then Joe Burrow started tossing a football around, and it seemed confirmatory. The NFL could have still decided somewhere up the chain that the players would need more time than that (not necessarily so much time that the game is cut short, but more than 5 minutes) and communicated that to the officials and the head coaches.

I don't have much trust for ESPN or the NFL either, and if there really is a liar among them then I'd guess the NFL is the liar first. I don't think ESPN would have a sensible motivation to lie about this (certainly not Joe Buck or the broadcast team while covering the matter in real time). I believe the following reflects reality, in order of probability to be true:

1 - both sides legitimately believe they are telling the truth, and something wasn't communicated effectively
2 - the NFL is lying and trying to save face
3 - ESPN is lying

Gonna have to go with Number 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I so badly want to hate Epps but I can't. I love the dude:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-tomlin-gets-emotional-about-damar-hamlin-as-other-teams-cancel-media-availability-195644033.html

WTS, I hope he earns his first ever losing season and the Steelers fire him

Eff that guy.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote