Punisher confirmed for Daredevil Season 2
Jon Bernthal (Walking Dead) confirmed as Frank Castle in Daredevil S2

Such perfect casting.
Reply/Quote
I like it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 06:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I like it.

This is the perfect setting for the Punisher to thrive. 
Reply/Quote
I agree. The first season was great and adding The Punisher played by Bernthal makes season 2 look like it's going to top season 1.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 06:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I agree. The first season was great and adding The Punisher played by Bernthal makes season 2 look like it's going to top season 1.

Will provide a much needed clash with Daredevil's "no killing" policy. 
Reply/Quote
Ok I watched Daredevil. I'm not a comic book guy so I had no idea what it was about.

I liked the premise and I liked the story although I did get lost from time to time. I thought Vincent D'Law and Order was great. Wesley was the perfect weasel. I liked all the bad guys. Even Warden Norton did a good job.

Matt was ok. Got a little tired of his dour mood. Then there is Foggy. Maybe the worst wacky sidekick in history. Didn't approach funny. Was a total whiny useless ***** and no way does that blond sleep with that pale tub of goo. I mean I hated him. I hated Wesley in a good way. I hated foggy like a root canal. Jessica the Vampire was pretty good, and she did put 6 holes in the weasel. Ben was a great slovenly gritty reporter.

But did it seem Wilson Fiske wasn't very good at what he did? I mean he somehow amassed a fortune prior, but his run in the show was a comedy of errors. He was constantly apologizing for screwing everything up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok I watched Daredevil.  I'm not a comic book guy so I had no idea what it was about.

I liked the premise and I liked the story although I did get lost from time to time.  I thought Vincent D'Law and Order was great.  Wesley was the perfect weasel.  I liked all the bad guys.  Even Warden Norton did a good job.

Matt was ok.  Got a little tired of his dour mood.  Then there is Foggy.  Maybe the worst wacky sidekick in history. Didn't approach funny.  Was a total whiny useless ***** and no way does that blond sleep with that pale tub of goo.  I mean I hated him.  I hated Wesley in a good way.  I hated foggy like a root canal.  Jessica the Vampire was pretty good, and she did put 6 holes in the weasel.  Ben was a great slovenly gritty reporter.

But did it seem Wilson Fiske wasn't very good at what he did?  I mean he somehow amassed a fortune prior, but his run in the show was a comedy of errors.  He was constantly apologizing for screwing everything up.

He's susceptible to pride and anger. 
His mistakes came from his pride and unwillingness to admit he messed up or was outsmarted. Pride was his downfall almost the entire series. 
Anger from that leaves him blind with rage (killing the Russian with a car door). He gets sloppy. 

Before DareDevil, no one could keep pace with Fisk and make him that angry or damage his pride. 

In PunisherMAX: Kingpin, Fisk is actually so set on something he willfully lets a rival mob boss kill Richard (Fisk's son) just because he refuses to put down his gun and be seen as lesser. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 05:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jon Bernthal (Walking Dead) confirmed as Frank Castle in Daredevil S2

Such perfect casting.

He is only 5'10" and avg build. Frank is 6'1" in the comics and about 200lbs. Other than that, I think the actor will actually be the best actor in the series, with the exception of Vinnie D - who is incredible.

The series was really good, but felt redundant in a lot of episodes. Hopefully they can find a better mix of pace and light/dark scenes.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 07:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He is only 5'10" and avg build. Frank is 6'1" in the comics and about 200lbs. Other than that, I think the actor will actually be the best actor in the series, with the exception of Vinnie D - who is incredible.

The series was really good, but felt redundant in a lot of episodes. Hopefully they can find a better mix of pace and light/dark scenes.

5-10 in Hollywood is fairly tall. It's only 2 inches. 

Daredevil is 6' in the books. Charlie Cox is 5'10 as well.
Put some kick ass stompers on the Punisher and let it roll. 

Now, they did mention a character getting an overhauled look....nervous it's Punisher and what they can do with him
Reply/Quote
If Tom Cruise can play 6'5 250 Jack Reacher then nothing is a stretch.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I was never a big fan of the Punisher and the live action versions of him made it even worse. Hopefully, This dude can bring some life to the character.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 07:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He is only 5'10" and avg build. Frank is 6'1" in the comics and about 200lbs. Other than that, I think the actor will actually be the best actor in the series, with the exception of Vinnie D - who is incredible.

Wolverine is like....5'2" or something in the comics, yet he was played by a 6'+ Hugh Jackman, and it was pulled off very well.  I'll take good characterization over good matching of a character's physical stats.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Aside from all the height issues, very good all around. First season of Daredevil couldn't have been better. The hallway scene (done in one take) was better tha n anything on cable, and compares with most stuff on the big screen. If "Shane" brings anything to the show close to TWD, he will be a good addition.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 11:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I was never a big fan of the Punisher and the live action versions of him made it even worse.  Hopefully, This dude can bring some life to the character.

No one asked you!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
First trailer for S2 of Daredevil is Punisher heavy...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/daredevil/daredevil_2/no-good-deed-goes-unpunished-in-the-intense-full-length-a131045
Reply/Quote
It looks good
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 04:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It looks good

Im hoping Bernthal gives us the Punisher on screen we deserve. 
Ray Stevenson wasn't bad but had very little to work with in terms of script and story. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: Daredevil-vs-The-Punisher-comic.jpg]

[Image: daredevil-01.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Oh Bernthal is gonna kill it...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/daredevil/jon-bernthal-shares-awesome-new-behind-the-scenes-footage-of-the-a132089
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that doesn't like Daredevil's mask?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote