Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punt Returner Watch
(12-15-2021, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't know that.
Just because a turnover doesn't happen doesn't mean a team wouldn't score points on their next possession.

49ers had a total of 12 drives in regulation including the ones off turnovers. They were forced to punt 7 times and missed a FG on another (the last drive in regulation). Take away the 2 drives that started from turnovers and that's 10 drives where 7 ended in punts.

Conversely, the Bengals had 9 drives that 4 ended in scores and 1 ended in a missed FG.

Obviously, we can't know for certain that things stay the same but based on what happened on Sunday, minus those 2 turnovers, it's highly likely we score more than the 49ers and win the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 49ers had a total of 12 drives in regulation including the ones off turnovers. They were forced to punt 7 times and missed a FG on another (the last drive in regulation). Take away the 2 drives that started from turnovers and that's 10 drives where 7 ended in punts.

Conversely, the Bengals had 9 drives that 4 ended in scores and 1 ended in a missed FG.

Obviously, we can't know for certain that things stay the same but based on what happened on Sunday, minus those 2 turnovers, it's highly likely we score more than the 49ers and win the game.

Yes, I get all that. I'm just saying there's no guarantee they wouldn't have scored. Probability vs Possibility.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I get all that. I'm just saying there's no guarantee they wouldn't have scored. Probability vs Possibility.

I just wanted to make all of us feel MORE miserable looking at the probability that we would have won had Phillips not fumbled and the game played out essentially the same way. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I just wanted to make all of us feel MORE miserable looking at the probability that we would have won had Phillips not fumbled and the game played out essentially the same way. ThumbsUp

He could have had a 30 yard return and Joe throw a pick 6 the next play....  Anything can happen and we will never know
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I just wanted to make all of us feel MORE miserable looking at the probability that we would have won had Phillips not fumbled and the game played out essentially the same way. ThumbsUp

Yes, but by that same definition, SF shouldn't have gone down the field and scored a TD in OT because they hadn't had success scoring...yet they did just that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel Chase would catch punts, as he seems to track the deep ball well. It's the quick hits he seems to have difficulty with. 

Now way do you put your #1 superstar wr back there..   No chance in hell..
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Now way do you put your #1 superstar wr back there..   No chance in hell..

Dallas is doing just that with CeeDee Lamb and Miami is doing it with Jaylen Waddle. Now I'm sure Chase is not an option as he doesn't have return experience to my knowledge, but it doesn't get a "No chance in Hell"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They had Pooka out there today with the Trents

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Get Boyd off that list, we cannot afford him to get hurt returning punts.

If you see Boyd back there he will do exactly what he did last Sunday, fair catch.  They are not going to risk him getting hurt.  No way.
Reply/Quote
How we feeling about Trent Taylor after his performance against the Broncos?
3 PRs for 22 yards (long of 12, 7.3 avg)
1 KR for 23 yards

Personally, I'd say keep him in the PR role the rest of the year, as his career average on PRs is 9.5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How we feeling about Trent Taylor after his performance against the Broncos?
1 KR for 23 yards

Personally, I'd say keep him in the PR role the rest of the year, as his career average on PRs is 9.5.

I think he did fine. Once he gets used to it, may increase yardage.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How we feeling about Trent Taylor after his performance against the Broncos?
1 KR for 23 yards

(12-22-2021, 05:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he did fine. Once he gets used to it, may increase yardage.

Yeah, keep little white guy in there...
Reply/Quote