Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punt returner
We had Tyler Boyd returning punts we can’t afford him getting hurt on special teams like Logan Wilson did. I get it’s tough to find a good position player off the streets but there’s gotta be someone out there that can just catch a kick. Stanley Morgan isn’t the answer and I’m good with Phillips after that game.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I can't believe we haven't called Trent Taylor up from the practice squad yet.
Reply/Quote
Pacman retuned punts for us for years, and he was our #1 CB.

Boyd has been somewhat phased out of the passing game anyway. We have 2 very good WR’s in Chase and Tee, so I’m completely fine with using our #3 WR on returns. Should have happened a while ago honestly. Phillips has been a problem all season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:02 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I can't believe we haven't called Trent Taylor up from the practice squad yet.

Methinks he will be a callup for 3 of the last 4 games, in light of Phillips' struggles (or Irwin will continue).

I also think Phillips will be cut when Waynes comes back this week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Trenton Irwin should be the punt returner.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Shelvin!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pacman retuned punts for us for years, and he was our #1 CB.

Boyd has been somewhat phased out of the passing game anyway. We have 2 very good WR’s in Chase and Tee, so I’m completely fine with using our #3 WR on returns. Should have happened a while ago honestly. Phillips has been a problem all season.

Agreed. This is why I said I'd trade Boyd if we drafted Chase. He's overpaid for what we're getting from him. Having him on returns would be a way to get some of that value back, for now.

I'll also add that Antonio Brown returned punts for a couple years as a #1 WR. It shouldn't be an issue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Trent Irwin is back up PR and Chris Evans is the back up KR. Hopefully Evans is back next week and Irwin is activated. I believe last week they also had Pooka Williams returning kick offs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not a fan of Boyd returning punts going further either

yet totally get why Tyler was brought in today per there is no way they could let Phillips try another return in this game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. This is why I said I'd trade Boyd if we drafted Chase. He's overpaid for what we're getting from him. Having him on returns would be a way to get some of that value back, for now.

I'll also add that Antonio Brown returned punts for a couple years as a #1 WR. It shouldn't be an issue.

Yep. I almost mentioned AB, but went with an example from the Bengals. Also, Boyd is a slot WR, he can take the hits.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. This is why I said I'd trade Boyd if we drafted Chase. He's overpaid for what we're getting from him. Having him on returns would be a way to get some of that value back, for now.

Fire Zac and get someone who can use 3 wr.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pacman retuned punts for us for years, and he was our #1 CB.

Feel like Pac-Man did it cause he was a great returner and the risk was worth the reward versus Boyd being out there because no one on the team could catch one lol. Feel like it’s a simple skill in terms of catching it where you don’t have to sacrifice a starter. Zac Taylor has a difficult time calling plays with 3 good WR’s gotta give him all the weapons possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:22 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Fire Zac and get someone who can use 3 wr.

I'm leaning towards wanting Zac gone, but I don't think it's possible to keep 3 WR and a good RB well fed. As long as Mixon gets the touches he should, one of the WRs is going to feel the pinch.

The offense itself should be humming regardless. There should always be a mismatch somewhere. Should.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Honest question is who will be our returner next week?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm leaning towards wanting Zac gone, but I don't think it's possible to keep 3 WR and a good RB well fed. As long as Mixon gets the touches he should, one of the WRs is going to feel the pinch.

The offense itself should be humming regardless. There should always be a mismatch somewhere. Should.

There is always a mismatch. Our Oline vs whoever we're playing. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:41 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Honest question is who will be our returner next week?

Irwin or Taylor.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I miss Alex Erickson. At least I could go get a drink during punt returns.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:13 AM)Roland Wrote: I miss Alex Erickson.  At least I could go get a drink during punt returns.

14th in the league in punt return average, and most importantly 0 fumbles. Playing for the Panthers this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. This is why I said I'd trade Boyd if we drafted Chase. He's overpaid for what we're getting from him. Having him on returns would be a way to get some of that value back, for now.

Boyd had some huge catches yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:13 AM)Roland Wrote: I miss Alex Erickson.  At least I could go get a drink during punt returns.

So underappreciated by some in his time here because he wasn't a flashy 'home run hitter.'  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote