Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punt returner
(12-13-2021, 03:31 PM)pally Wrote: here does this make you feel better?

It does, thanks!

I remember thinking in the offseason that PR was going to come down to Phillips and Taylor.
I believe Pooka was doing some work at PR since he was drafted, but he didn't have any PRs in college and he clearly hasn't done any in a game yet in the NFL, so not surprised he isn't doing it. He is very shifty with the ball in his hands though.

I think the safe bet is if both are "in the mix," Taylor's the more trusted as a PR given past experience, but with this coaching staff, you never know what they're gonna do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It does, thanks!

I remember thinking in the offseason that PR was going to come down to Phillips and Taylor.
I believe Pooka was doing some work at PR since he was drafted, but he didn't have any PRs in college and he clearly hasn't done any in a game yet in the NFL, so not surprised he isn't doing it. He is very shifty with the ball in his hands though.

I think the safe bet is if both are "in the mix," Taylor's the more trusted as a PR given past experience, but with this coaching staff, you never know what they're gonna do.

Pooka was dreadful in the Chargers game at KR.

I'm all for a 2nd chance, but if he's just as bad (or worse), drop him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We need to bring that Riley Lees guy back..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: T Taylor almost fumbled a Kickoff return as well

Looking back at Taylor's return experience both in the NFL and college, he's much better with punts than kickoffs.

In college:
58 PRs for 8.3 YPR
Just 2 KRs for 8.0 YPR

In NFL:
49 PRs for 9.6 YPR
Just 2 KRs for 11.5 YPR

Clearly more experience with PR vs KR lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Put Pooka back there and let it be...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boyd had some huge catches yesterday.

Yes and it was nice to see. He'd been a non-factor for half the season leading up to yesterday.

After sleeping on it, I'm not sure Boyd is who I want at PR, but we have to do something. You can't have a return guy costing you a key game almost single handedly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes and it was nice to see. He'd been a non-factor for half the season leading up to yesterday.

After sleeping on it, I'm not sure Boyd is who I want at PR, but we have to do something. You can't have a return guy costing you a key game almost single handedly.

I swear I'd rather let it hit the ground and hope it rolls into the end zone or out of bounds before letting Phillips try to catch it again.
Reply/Quote
is pacman available?

Im sure someone else said this already but I didnt read this thread cause eeh
Reply/Quote
Pacman only had to serve 30 days of his sentence and should be out. It would be interesting to see them sign him to a minimum contract to solely return punts.
Reply/Quote