Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Number 55 and the Name Burfict and ...
what do you think would have happened??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjDzkdsW5s
Reply/Quote
Yep, woulda been a suspension, fine, the announcers would have been unbearable and the Steelers complaining and saying how they'd never do anything like that would also be impossible to listen to. Would have been replayed non stop on every sports network all offseason too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:14 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, woulda been a suspension, fine, the announcers would have been unbearable and the Steelers complaining and saying how they'd never do anything like that would also be impossible to listen to. Would have been replayed non stop on every sports network all offseason too

I couldn't even watch the game Sunday lf40.  I couldn't take watching all the thuglike celebration, the bias, and the emotional orgasms the announcers would have had.

I will start the KC game, but if it gets ugly early, I will turn it off promptly!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I couldn't even watch the game Sunday lf40.  I couldn't take watching all the thuglike celebration, the bias, and the emotional orgasms the announcers would have had.

I will start the KC game, but if it gets ugly early, I will turn it off promptly!!

It was pretty bad, everything they ***** about the bengals doing they did smh. Luckily I don't think anybody got their hopes up for Miami winning, I'm looking forward to this one tho, I like KC's chances
Reply/Quote
Stugotz on The Dan Lebatard Show suggested that Porter was arrested last night because Matt Moore pressed charges...

That hit was eerily reminiscent of Ryan Shazier and Gio Bernard last year. I'm sure it's pure coincidence.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Stugotz on The Dan Lebatard Show suggested that Porter was arrested last night because Matt Moore pressed charges...

That hit was eerily reminiscent of Ryan Shazier and Gio Bernard last year. I'm sure it's pure coincidence.

Of course.  Just good aggressive football!  Cool
Reply/Quote
It's funny how people excuse the Steelers.

I saw commenters on NFL.com and Facebook using the Burfict argument to explain this hit.

"Well you see the defender tried to hit him in the chest but he dipped down and that's why it was helmet to chin."

That is EXACTLY what happened with Burfict when he hit Brown, but you know how it goes.

The double standard is what bothers me, not the hit itself as much.

That being said, I think Duprees hit was even dirtier. He sped up so that he could destroy Moore. His intentions were clear if you were watching it live.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: what do you think would have happened??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjDzkdsW5s

Nothing to see here.  No taunting by the Steelers and laughing at injury.  No Joey Porter on field trying to get penalty.  Meh
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:46 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Nothing to see here.  No taunting by the Steelers and laughing at injury.  No Joey Porter on field trying to get penalty.  Meh

in all complete honesty, he could have ran or tucked, he was wide open for a hit, Dupree cant aim for the legs. his shoulder could have hit his chest i guess. Nasty hit though and i like it. Bengals cant hit like this since Marvin only has one heavy hitter, Burfict. Nelson used to get away with a lot of hits. If your whole defense hits like 90s football, then its hard to pick and choose who the refs will single out
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:12 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: in all complete honesty, he could have ran or tucked, he was wide open for a hit, Dupree cant aim for the legs. his shoulder could have hit his chest i guess. Nasty hit though and i like it. Bengals cant hit like this since Marvin only has one heavy hitter, Burfict. Nelson used to get away with a lot of hits. If your whole defense hits like 90s football, then its hard to pick and choose who the refs will single out
Yep. This is the problem with the way they try to officiate the game now. Defensive players can't win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:46 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Nothing to see here.  No taunting by the Steelers and laughing at injury.  No Joey Porter on field trying to get penalty.  Meh

So I am assuming that you think if Burfict had made this hit on Big Boy, that it would have the same results?

(That was the premise of the thread)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:12 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: in all complete honesty, he could have ran or tucked, he was wide open for a hit, Dupree cant aim for the legs. his shoulder could have hit his chest i guess. Nasty hit though and i like it. Bengals cant hit like this since Marvin only has one heavy hitter, Burfict. Nelson used to get away with a lot of hits. If your whole defense hits like 90s football, then its hard to pick and choose who the refs will single out

Again, back to the OP, you say that Burfict would have gotten away with it?
Reply/Quote
I had no problem with the hit to be honest with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Again, back to the OP, you say that Burfict would have gotten away with it?

No he's saying burfict would be crucified by fans and media for the hit and likely get a big suspension on top of it. While the Steelers got a flag and some excuses for why the hit happened. Then celebrated while the guy was hurt on the field...seems I remember hearing some team throwing a fit about someone doing that...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Stugotz on The Dan Lebatard Show suggested that Porter was arrested last night because Matt Moore pressed charges...

I'm starting to believe that is coached.  Bud Dupree never did stuff like that at UK that I remember.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I was taught in frickin Pee Wee league on a play like that, helmet across the chest, shoulder pads in the ribs, hit, lift the legs, and drive the QB (ball carrier) into the turf.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm starting to believe that is coached.  Bud Dupree never did stuff like that at UK that I remember.
Shazier wasn't at OSU either... If I take my fan goggles off, I can see how shit like that happens though. I do agree that Vontaze would miss half the season if he layed that very same hit on Moore though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was taught in frickin Pee Wee league on a play like that, helmet across the chest, shoulder pads in the ribs, hit, lift the legs, and drive the QB (ball carrier) into the turf.  

I'm not saying the hit was dirty or a penalty, what would have happened to Burfict if he had made the same hit on Moore, or, God forbid, Pig Pen???
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:00 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I had no problem with the hit to be honest with you.

What about Burfict?????
Reply/Quote
Read the post for crying out loud!! It isn't about the hit being this, that, or the other!!

If Burfict makes the same hit on Moore, or, worse yet, Pig Pen, what happens to Burfict?????
Reply/Quote