Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put the word out: McCarron for a 1st round pick.
Seriously. Let the league know AJ is yours for a first round pick.

Even I'd say I was crazy, but not after seeing Osweiler, and Sam Branford get 18 mil a year.
Reply/Quote
We kinda need a backup. Look at last season
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:25 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: We kinda need a backup.  Look at last season

We kinda need a starting #2 WR. Look at last year and 2014 when Green and Jones were out.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:25 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: We kinda need a backup.  Look at last season

Because who else besides McCarron could possibly do nothing but miss open passes, throw an INT, fumble three times, have a completion percentage under 60%, get happy feet and scramble 9 yards on 5 rushes while taking wayyy too many sacks, and an average of 5.2 yards per attempt, against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL... only to get saved by the defense ? Ninja

Dalton got a freak injury. He has missed 3 games in 5 years. Lets not pretend Dalton is Sam Bradford or Tony Romo, out there getting hurt a lot. Dalton will be fine, and if he isn't, then they are probably doomed with McCarron under center anyway.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because who else besides McCarron could possibly do nothing but miss open passes, throw an INT, fumble three times, have a completion percentage under 60%, get happy feet and scramble 9 yards on 5 rushes while taking wayyy too many sacks, and an average of 5.2 yards per attempt, against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL... only to get saved by the defense ? Ninja

Dalton got a freak injury. He has missed 3 games in 5 years. Lets not pretend Dalton is Sam Bradford or Tony Romo, out there getting hurt a lot. Dalton will be fine, and if he isn't, then they are probably doomed with McCarron under center anyway.

I believe the answer is: Andy Dalton and Dalton has done it multiple times.

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They QB market is insane right now. Would like to see a team offer something just to gauge market worth on aj
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe the answer is: Andy Dalton and Dalton has done it multiple times.

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.

Dalton never got to play against that bad of a defense with that good of offensive weapons.

I'm a Dalton fan, but I have no problem calling him out when he sucks. My house is made out of freaking titanium.

But even if he did, so what? Doesn't change the fact that McCarron is a backup QB, who played like a backup QB, so if you can get big value for him, take it.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:11 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: They QB market is insane right now. Would like to see a team offer something just to gauge market worth on aj

I believe we were offered a 3rd round pick for him by Cleveland. At least rumor had it. Not sure if that is true or not.

Reply/Quote
Hobson said on the radio that the Bengals might be willing to trade McCarron for a 2nd rounder.

Bengals are going to get calls, it's all about who gives the most.

Reply/Quote
I thought McCarron did really well for coming in. He was in control of the #1 team in the AFC and that is a lot to shoulder. They had to completely change the offense to suit him and roll back all the progress the rest of the players were making. When the QB gets hurt, the whole offense loses their tempo and the chemistry is different. McCarron was put in a tough situation and I think he did well considering.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:18 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I thought McCarron did really well for coming in. He was in control of the #1 team in the AFC and that is a lot to shoulder. They had to completely change the offense to suit him and roll back all the progress the rest of the players were making. When the QB gets hurt, the whole offense loses their tempo and the chemistry is different. McCarron was put in a tough situation and I think he did well considering.

Your opinion surprises me. I didn't think you'd show up defending McCarron. Ninja  Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton never got to play against that bad of a defense with that good of offensive weapons.

I'm a Dalton fan, but I have no problem calling him out when he sucks. My house is made out of freaking titanium.

But even if he did, so what? Doesn't change the fact that McCarron is a backup QB, who played like a backup QB, so if you can get big value for him, take it.

Dalton every playoff game!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Your opinion surprises me. I didn't think you'd show up defending McCarron. Ninja  Lol

Is he an alt for the one McCarron lover who magically disappeared? 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Is he an alt for the one McCarron lover who magically disappeared? 

No idea, just know he's one of the many people who popped up with McCarron avatars around the time Dalton got hurt. I kind of just go "uh huh" when anyone with a McCarron avatar comes running to his defense.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton never got to play against that bad of a defense with that good of offensive weapons.

He did, just trust me on that.

McCarron is a backup, but why try to count on no injuries? If we didn't have McCarron last year and had to go with, say Wenning, we likely would not have made the playoffs at all, let alone win the division.

Look at Denver. They ended up having to go without Manning for 7 games, but he comes back and they win a SB. Yes, they won with defense and we may need to as well.

We aren't going to get a top flight #2WR for AJM and we'd have to replace him with another pick. So trading him really just moves you up a few rounds. But you are gambling that Dalton wouldn't miss any games. Why do this when you don't really need to?

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He did, just trust me on that.

McCarron is a backup, but why try to count on no injuries? If we didn't have McCarron last year and had to go with, say Wenning, we likely would not have made the playoffs at all, let alone win the division.

Look at Denver. They ended up having to go without Manning for 7 games, but he comes back and they win a SB. Yes, they won with defense and we may need to as well.

We aren't going to get a top flight #2WR for AJM and we'd have to replace him with another pick. So trading him really just moves you up a few rounds. But you are gambling that Dalton wouldn't miss any games. Why do this when you don't really need to?

They didn't WANT Manning for 7 games. His injury didn't "heal" faster because they didn't want it to heal faster. If he's "hurt" there's no controversy that a first ballot HoF QB is sitting on the bench.

Yes, I looked at Denver. They added Manning, Talib, Ward, Ware, Vasquez, and Sanders all in FA. They went to 1 SB and won another. But they didn't have any of those sweet sweet compensatory picks, so they can keep their SB trophy, the suckers!

You say "just" moves you up a few rounds, but yes.. if you can get an early 2nd round pick for McCarron then that's money. So what if you have to use a 4th or 5th on a new backup QB?

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He did, just trust me on that.

We aren't going to get a top flight #2WR for AJM and we'd have to replace him with another pick. So trading him really just moves you up a few rounds. But you are gambling that Dalton wouldn't miss any games.

Wrong. Even if the Bengals go 0-3 with McCarron they still win the division due to a division record. We make the playoffs even with Wenning starting.

The Bengals defense was amazing against the Ravens and 49ers. I'd honestly think we win at least one of those games with Wenning. 5 INTs, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and 5 sacks. Only 104 combined rushing yards.

Now, I don't think the Broncos game is as close with Wenning in it, but let's not act like McCarron is the reason we won his two games.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wrong. Even if the Bengals go 0-3 with McCarron they still win the division due to a division record. We make the playoffs even with Wenning starting.

The Bengals defense was amazing against the Ravens and 49ers. I'd honestly think we win at least one of those games with Wenning. 5 INTs, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and 5 sacks. Only 104 combined rushing yards.

Now, I don't think the Broncos game is as close with Wenning in it, but let's not act like McCarron is the reason we won his two games.

VS the 9ers, we had one scoring drive over 40 yards. 

Every other one was a short field. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wrong. Even if the Bengals go 0-3 with McCarron they still win the division due to a division record. We make the playoffs even with Wenning starting.

I don't know about that. The Bengals scored more against the 49ers defense at their house than any other team did last year. He also played better against Denver's defense than Cam Newton did.

AJM held his own for those being his first starts. You aren't going to get a #2 for him and we do need a backup QB. We have decent depth at every position, except WR. We can handle that in the draft and bring in a bargain vet for the slot.

The team had a chance last year to draft a WR in that deep WR draft, but chose not to.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't know about that. The Bengals scored more against the 49ers defense at their house than any other team did last year. He also played better against Denver's defense than Cam Newton did.

AJM held his own for those being his first starts. You aren't going to get a #2 for him and we do need a backup QB. We have decent depth at every position, except WR. We can handle that in the draft and bring in a bargain vet for the slot.

The team had a chance last year to draft a WR in that deep WR draft, but chose not to.

The Bengals had one scoring drive over 40 yards in that game. 
Yeah, the defense was pretty goddamn good. 
Reply/Quote